PDA

View Full Version : Guilt (Jakey One Parter)

Rach33
01-04-2006, 01:21
Hope you like it I just ramdomly wrote in ten minutes thanks :bow:

When I climbed into bed last night weary to the bone, the moon shone a big old spotlight and exposed how I'm alone

Jake sat in the darkened room unable to move or think, the guilt had started to consume and overwhelm him. Placing his head in his hands Jake felt like he was back in the woods Danny lay dead at his feet, not moving, not breathing and he only had himself to blame he had pulled the trigger, fighting back the tears he remembered the thud Danny’s body had made as it hit the earth, gone in one split second, gone and never coming back, digging the hole had been a complete blur, he just remembering cradling Danny in his arms before burying him and now he was all alone with no-one and nothing only his conscience and the guilt that he would take to his own grave, picking up the half empty bottle of vodka Jake began to down the contents, he needed some peace some how

Never thought I'd be glad to hear the rain, never knew I'd like the sound, now it beats time on my pane - Counting the memories down , never thought I'd want to see it fall, maybe it's 'cause I've fallen too
Never used to like to see the raindrops coming down but now I do….I do

During the night he awoke sweating, the nightmares were becoming more vivid, they were replays of that fateful morning in the woods, taking a minute to calm himself down, Jake made his way over to the window and watched the rain beating down, he turned his head slightly and looked at the picture that hung on the wall, his brother had needed help, his help and he hadn’t done enough for him, he had let him down
Brushing away the tears Jake began to dress he needed to get out, he needed to clear his head, grabbing the bottle of vodka he left the house in a daze

But the stars they have to sleep so the moon told the clouds it was time and this warmth I've been trying to keep I'm reminded it never was mine

Sitting on Arthur’s bench in the middle of the square, the rain had already soaked his clothes through but he didn’t care, he didn’t care about anything anymore
Unable to hold back anymore Jake finally cried for his brother and he let all the pent up emotions out as he sank to his knees, begging Danny to forgive him
Looking up to the sky, Jake screamed “I’m sorry, I’m so so sorry”
As the rain gently began to die down, Jake sat quietly on the sodden ground reflecting on the last few moments, he knew now he had to start living if not for him, then for his brother

Well every season's different but every year was the same, I'd follow sunshine everywhere it went still winter always came

Lyrics - Glad To Hear The Rain By Steve Amsden And Robyn Landis Taken From The Album Short And Sweet

Kim
01-04-2006, 01:30
Wow! Amazing writing and description:)

Bree
01-04-2006, 01:31
aww honey that is fab poor jake i really enjoy your one parters :) xxx

Tamzi
01-04-2006, 01:32
I may not find Jake an amazing character anymore, but that was really good. I think that's how Jake would be feeling now. Well done
xxx

di marco
01-04-2006, 13:26
brill! :D that was excellent! you really captured how jake would be feeling

Layne
01-04-2006, 14:01
Wow honey ..... just got your pm and thought i'd better read :p
That was amazing, sad :( But really well written and excatly how Jake would be feeling i think!
:cheer: x

(Joel Beckett was on the radio this morning and sounded so cheery though it was weird lol, sorry ignore this comment wooooo!)

Angeldelight
01-04-2006, 15:49
wow wow wow. that was absolutely amazing, completely fabulous. i don't know u capture the right emotions but you do everytime. well done honey pweaaaaseeeeeeee post more one parters soon