PDA

View Full Version : The New Paul o' Grady Show

Abi
30-03-2006, 17:44
Has anyone else been watching this? What do you think of it- better, worse or just the same as the ITV version?

Personally, i dont think its any different to the ITV version. They've basically ripped off everything that ITV thought of.

I'm not complaining though- i'm going to watch it on the 11th April. I'm watching the recording for the following Friday's show :lol:

Layne
30-03-2006, 18:02
Ahhh i love it! Paul rules!!! Oh and Nigel has just been on it so i am extra happy woooooooooo :wub:
I love paul, andi always watch his show!

Jessie Wallace
30-03-2006, 18:12
The whole point is that it;s a rip off from the ITV show, they've changed minor details, so that they cannot be sued!
In answer never upset Paul O'Grady!!

Abi
30-03-2006, 18:15
I can't wait to go and see it- i'm living in the hope that its David Tennant or Billie Piper on it- whereas my mother wants Micheal Crawford :lol:

I think its still a good show, even if it is a rip off. I'll enjoy watching it no matter what- especially if its a Doctor Who star :lol:

the_watts_rule
30-03-2006, 18:18
I watched it tonight. It's good that it has gone another another channel rather than it being axed alltogether.

Tannie
30-03-2006, 18:19
I missed tonight's as i completely forgot about it but i really wanted to see it as nige was going to be on it:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

hazey
30-03-2006, 18:41
Has anyone else been watching this? What do you think of it- better, worse or just the same as the ITV version?

Personally, i dont think its any different to the ITV version. They've basically ripped off everything that ITV thought of.

I'm not complaining though- i'm going to watch it on the 11th April. I'm watching the recording for the following Friday's show :lol: I am going on the 5th april to see it at the studios at white city,I went before but to another studio,when he was working for itv. He does put on a good show and chats with everyone,he is lovely my sis has known him for over 20 years.

Abi
30-03-2006, 18:46
I am going on the 5th april to see it at the studios at white city,I went before but to another studio,when he was working for itv. He does put on a good show and chats with everyone,he is lovely my sis has known him for over 20 years.

Yeah, thats where i'm going, just a few days later than you. I was surprised when i saw it was filmed there, seeing as its the BBC studios. Mind you, i'm not complaining, i just have to get the tube a few stops and i'm there!! :lol:

We'll have to compare Paul o' Grady experiences :rotfl:

ok... that sounded dodgy... :lol:

Daisyduck
31-03-2006, 11:28
Im going to see the show on the 5th April, he is very funny and a lovely guy.
He never forgets were he started out,A gay bar in Vauxhall, ive known him years and he is fab.
Good luck Paul even though you will always be Lilly savage to me.

Siobhan
31-03-2006, 11:32
I heard rumours that all the guest he has on his show, he gives them a budget holiday to spain... if it true that is nice

Daisyduck
31-03-2006, 11:34
I heard rumours that all the guest he has on his show, he gives them a budget holiday to spain... if it true that is nice i would think it is cos he aways gives his friends things :thumbsup:

Abi
11-04-2006, 16:47
I went today, and had a fab time watching it!! It was a recording for this Fridays show, so it was very Eastery. I saw Jill Halfpenny, and Ronnie Corburt from the Two Ronnies. They were very funny, especially when Jill and Paul "accidently" kissed each other on the lips as a greeting, and went on about it afterwards when she was talking about her engagement :lol:

Paul o Grady is so funny. While they were setting up the last part of the show, he was sitting at his little desk singing:

"You dont have to say you love me, i just want a shag. You dont have to stay forever, just leave me your fags" :rotfl: Very funny...

We were sure if we were going to get in at first, as they said we were "stand-by guests", in case Pauls, Jills, or Ronnies guests didn't turn up. Anyway, Jill was meant to be bringing some mates, but they didn't come in the end, so we nicked their seats, which were the best one :rotfl:

Jessie Wallace
11-04-2006, 17:38
You is very lucky, i love Jill Halfpenny, she's so nice, i met her when she was in Chicago. I'll have to try and get tickets to go see his show soon,

Abi
11-04-2006, 18:37
If you can get to White City, then i really would recommend it.

Problem is, they tell you the doors open at 12.30, when really if you turned up at that time, you'd be turned away straight away. I got there for 11.30, and only just got in. You hav to be really early, because its a tiny studio so its first come, first served.

The tickets are free though from "lostinTV", so if you missed it, it wouldn't be a major deal i guess. But thats not the point really, is it?!