PDA

View Full Version : Funding for the elderly

chance
30-03-2006, 12:36
Who should fund the caring of the elderly?

Daisyduck
30-03-2006, 15:18
My friends mother was at home for 4 years being cared for by her daughter she got £26 a week to look after her what a joke as both of them had worked and payed taxes all their life.
When she went into the nursing home last year my friend was told to sell her house to pay for her mums care.She was in the home for 6 months before she died but it cost £600 a week to keep her. how wrong is this when the goverment are giving away billions to other countrys what about the people in our country who work and pay in for when we old.

*vcl*
30-03-2006, 15:30
Of course it should be the government, no doubt about it, how this country is at the moment, it seems that you get punished for getting old.

You work all your life to own nice things and then you are forced to sell it all just so someone can help you in your final years. Its just disgusting!!!!

Especially when you think that without some of these woman and men we would never have won the war and this country would well and truly be different. I really don’t know what this world is coming to. Its all take, take take with this government it’s about time they gave something back to this country first not every one else under the sun.

Sorry for the rant just really gets on my nerves how old people are treated !

Daisyduck
30-03-2006, 15:33
Of course it should be the government, no doubt about it, how this country is at the moment, it seems that you get punished for getting old.

You work all your life to own nice things and then you are forced to sell it all just so someone can help you in your final years. Its just disgusting!!!!

Especially when you think that without some of these woman and men we would never have won the war and this country would well and truly be different. I really don’t know what this world is coming to. Its all take, take take with this government it’s about time they gave something back to this country first not every one else under the sun.

Sorry for the rant just really gets on my nerves how old people are treated ! I pleased that someone thinks like i do well done. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

dddMac1
30-03-2006, 15:40
the Govorment should fund it, after all the eldery deserve it after everything they have done for the Country

Abi
30-03-2006, 17:39
The govenment, 100%

My Gran was got Alzehmiers (sp?) and lives with my Grandad, whose also getting mild dementia. We all know its a matter of time before they need to go into a home, but its basically going to be impossible for us, without having to sell their home. Neither my mum nor her brother has enough money to pay for the keeping of them, and the money that you might get from the government is no way near enough. They need to give people like us, and people in the same situation a lot more support, because we have no other options otherwise.