PDA

View Full Version : Death

Xx-Vicky-xX
28-03-2006, 15:49
I know loads of people who have died

My nan 2003 (fell over)
An old teach/friend 2005 (killed herself)
My ex best mates dad 2004 (heart attack)
man who owned local shop 2006 (killed himself)
other nan probably the most hardest one to get over 1994 (i think from a heart attack but i cant bring myself to find out)

Its 12 years today since nan died it doesnt get any easier ive never told anyone that i remember stuff about that day.Apparently ive never really go over it because we was so close but videos i watch just make me happy because she is laughing and stuff.I guess it is easier that i was so young as i dont remember enough but its still hard.

I thought id make a thread to talk about this kind of stuff in maybe help eachother or something

Tannie
28-03-2006, 15:54
I have only had 2 close deaths.

my Grandad - i never really got to know him but my other cousins did. He died of motor neurone disease. (1991 i think)
My Grandpa - I was really close to him he died of cancer not sure which one but i miss him more because i knew him better but i still miss my other grandad.

I still have some really good memories.

Xx-Vicky-xX
28-03-2006, 16:04
The best image i have of nan is my 2nd birthday and im drawing on my new chalk board and she is rubbing it out with my goofy toy thing and i find it really funny and run about laughing and she says something i cant make out what but after it she laughs

dddMac1
28-03-2006, 16:21
Death is always hard to come to terms with i have lost so many people over the years
Grandad-1985
my Dad-1989
Gran -1993
Auntie Mary-1995
Former foster mum Ann-2006(yes i was in Care)

Xx-Vicky-xX
28-03-2006, 16:26
Death is always hard to come to terms with i have lost so many people over the years
Grandad-1985
my Dad-1989
Gran -1993
Auntie Mary-1995
Former foster mum Ann-2006(yes i was in Care)

Its hard isnt it i mean i dont know what its like to lose a parent but my nan and me were as close as i am to my parents so in a way it is kind of the same

samantha nixon
28-03-2006, 16:46
my nan when i was 3 or 4 and thats 10 years this year
my great uncle last year he had aa brain tumour and died within a couple of weeks of finding out
my next door neightbour last year and we always used to talk to him

lollymay
28-03-2006, 18:26
one of my best friends past away 6 months ago and it still really hurts.

Abi
28-03-2006, 18:36
My grandad, Gran, Godmother, 2 Aunties, 1 Uncle, One of my best mates and my Dad.

All within a few years of each other.

Kim
28-03-2006, 18:41
I've had quite a lot but they were before I was born and I always have to listen to other relatives talking about them.

My Grandad (1970 ish) Heart failiure or something, my gran won't even tell my dad all the causes of his death.
My Nan (1984) Bowel cancer
My Grandad (1987) Choked to death in an old peoples home
My great uncle (2001) stroke
My great aunt (2004) 3 forms of cancer

Chloe-Elise
28-03-2006, 19:06
I've known quite a few people who have died, and I was close to a lot of then,especially my Grandma who died in 2003, I still miss her so much.
Grandad 1995-heart attack(I think)
Grandpa 1998-cancer
Grandma 2003-cancer
Nanna 2005-old age (I think)
My mums best friend 2005-cancer.

Xx-Vicky-xX
28-03-2006, 20:02
It is hard isnt it when your so lose to people mum said when ever i knew nan was coming id stand by the window and wait until she got there and go go and say hello as soon as she did...i didnt realise how close i was to her until 22nd december when my dad was being an idiot and trying to make me talk about death even though id told him i didnt want to so i went upstairs and mum came up an asked why i wont talk about it and i said i didnt know and she said she felt i was so close to nan id never got over it and thats why

squillyfer
28-03-2006, 21:05
I'm lucky none of my close family have passed away but I dont know how I'll cope when they do

CrazyLea
28-03-2006, 21:19
I've only had a couple of 'close' deaths..
My grandad (not sure why) was when I was about 7
My Nan (heart problems, kinda sudden) this was about 4 or 5 years ago I was 11, that was quite horrible cause I was there on the morning she died, and the night before I was there and she was fine.
My cousin (cancer) she was only 23 or something so that wasn't nice.

hazey
28-03-2006, 22:06
I have lost so many family members,but then I am alot other than most of you,the first one I remember was when I was only 6 years old,

My uncle vic 1960 (heart attack)
uncle vic's mum 1961 (old age)
my nan Grace 1964 (lukemia)
my aunt Alice 1966 (a stroke)
my grandad Harry 1970 (from gassing in two world wars)
My cousin Cliff 1973 ( hang himself)
my nan Violet 1979 ( complication after surgery)
My grandad Len 1984 (heart attack)
my uncle Steve 1994 (lukemia)
My dad Ron 1997 (pneumonia)
My uncle John 1998 (blood clot after surgery)
My anut Hilda 1999 (broken plevis)
My mum Evelyn 2001 (died on the operateing table)
My sister Suzi 2002 ( hang herself)
My uncle Gordon 2002 (blood clot after having his legs removed)
My husband Phil 2005 (MRSA)
I have lost so many people, I dont have much family left,it hasn't got any easier for me, I loved them all but the most upsetting was my sister as she was only 53 when she commited suicide. I think of her every day.

Daisyduck
28-03-2006, 22:22
Yes sis i remember them all but at least we still got each other hazey.

Debs
28-03-2006, 23:38
We had a death in the family last week, my godmothers daughter died, she left behind her 11 year old daughter. thats what has affected me the most, not that viv died so suddenly but that her daughter is left behind. They had the closest mother and daughter relationship ive ever seen, so so sad

the funeral is next tuesday, im dreading it as ive never been to a funeral before. its a cremation whuich peopel have said are better. i dont think the funersal will upset me but seeing her daughter upset will!

alkalinetrio
29-03-2006, 05:11
i miss my grandad and nan and uncle everyday! i dont believe in heaven and hell or anything i just believe they just shut down and thats it nothing i wish i didnt i really wish there was a heaven cause then i know i wud get to see them again but i know i wont and its such a strong hurting feeling

Xx-Vicky-xX
29-03-2006, 11:08
We had a death in the family last week, my godmothers daughter died, she left behind her 11 year old daughter. thats what has affected me the most, not that viv died so suddenly but that her daughter is left behind. They had the closest mother and daughter relationship ive ever seen, so so sad

the funeral is next tuesday, im dreading it as ive never been to a funeral before. its a cremation whuich peopel have said are better. i dont think the funersal will upset me but seeing her daughter upset will!

Ive only ever been to one funeral and that was a cremation as well i wasnt really close to the person so i wasnt very bothered but id imagine cremations are easier

di marco
29-03-2006, 14:56

ive never been to a funeral either, the only person close to me thats died is my grandad and i was only about 4 or 5 at the time so i didnt go. my mum said the bit that she doesnt like at cremations is when the coffin goes through the curtains. my sis had never been to a funeral either til february when she went to her friends, so that must have been horrible, the first funeral you go to is of someone who was only 16

Debs
29-03-2006, 15:02
ive never been to a funeral either, the only person close to me thats died is my grandad and i was only about 4 or 5 at the time so i didnt go. my mum said the bit that she doesnt like at cremations is when the coffin goes through the curtains. my sis had never been to a funeral either til february when she went to her friends, so that must have been horrible, the first funeral you go to is of someone who was only 16

thast the bit im dreading di m i intend to sit at the back so hopefully i wont see much!

im dreading it because i know her daughter will be distraught and that will really upset me, her daughter is such a great kid, i dont know if ill be able to sit through it.

dosent help that since connor has been born ive had this phobia of death, i lay awake at night thinking about what would happen if, i died in sleep and con found me, and then i worry all night!!! i had just started to stop all these bad dreams and thoughts and then this happened, now they are all back!!!

di marco
29-03-2006, 15:46
thast the bit im dreading di m i intend to sit at the back so hopefully i wont see much!

im dreading it because i know her daughter will be distraught and that will really upset me, her daughter is such a great kid, i dont know if ill be able to sit through it.

dosent help that since connor has been born ive had this phobia of death, i lay awake at night thinking about what would happen if, i died in sleep and con found me, and then i worry all night!!! i had just started to stop all these bad dreams and thoughts and then this happened, now they are all back!!!

well at my sis friends funeral, theyd done this slideshow thing of pictures of her and stuff so the coffin when through while this was being shown, so that it was sort of a distraction kind of thing. awwwww im sure youll be fine and that you wont die, those thoughts sound horrible! id be really scared to go to sleep as well

Trinity
29-03-2006, 20:22
I think that a lot of the sorrow is for those left behind.

It helps to think that they are out of pain, and to try to remember all the good times. People who have past on still live in our hearts and memories.

Katy
29-03-2006, 21:14
its horrible when people you know die. I feel like im always at funerals as my dad has a large family, the last one i went to was my great aunt who just died in her slleep, which is nice as there was no pain and no one was expecting it.

It was about a month ago when a friend of a friend who i knew briefly knew died in a climbing accident, i didnt know him but it was such a shock as i kept thinking hes only 23 he cant be dead and it really affected everyone who just knew him if they saw him in the street.

alan45
29-03-2006, 21:22
I am a professional Funeral Director and if I can be of help to anyone regarding bereavement please PM me. :)

Tori
30-03-2006, 20:32
i've not been to a funeral ever. i have lost both my grandma's, and some aunts and uncles. i wass thinking last night my uncle who died. he lived in borth in wales and we didn;t get to see him much. but i didn;t have much time to grieve. thats the only one i haven't got over... i think it was becuase i didn't have an invite to the funeral, and we didn't get to see him much. i just want to go to borth right now, but i can't :( he tidied the grave yard and was the life and spirit of the village....

happychick
06-04-2006, 13:20
I lost my husband very suddenly after we had been married for 4 months, his mum had died just 9 mths before him, she died suddenly as well.

hazey
06-04-2006, 13:33
I am a professional Funeral Director and if I can be of help to anyone regarding bereavement please PM me. :) i did and you didn't answer me :crying:

Kim
06-04-2006, 16:10
i've not been to a funeral ever. i have lost both my grandma's, and some aunts and uncles. i wass thinking last night my uncle who died. he lived in borth in wales and we didn;t get to see him much. but i didn;t have much time to grieve. thats the only one i haven't got over... i think it was becuase i didn't have an invite to the funeral, and we didn't get to see him much. i just want to go to borth right now, but i can't :( he tidied the grave yard and was the life and spirit of the village....

My great uncle died suddenly when I was nine, and I wasn't allowed to go to the funeral because they had to travel by our boat as he wanted to be buried at sea in Bournemouth, which is quite a way from here, and there wasn't enough room. I also lost my great aunt when i was twelve and hadn't seen her for three years prior to that (She had skin cancer) and nearly didn't get to go to her funeral, but I did in the end and I didn't feel like I'd had the chance to say goodbye until I went, but then I found out she had another two forms of cancer, but eventually got over it. I've never got over the death of my great uncle five years ago and only have one memory of him which was very brief. Even though you don't see someone much, I think you should still get the chance to go to their funeral, as that is what really helped me to get over the death of mt great aunt.

Xx-Vicky-xX
06-04-2006, 16:37
My great uncle died suddenly when I was nine, and I wasn't allowed to go to the funeral because they had to travel by our boat as he wanted to be buried at sea in Bournemouth, which is quite a way from here, and there wasn't enough room. I also lost my great aunt when i was twelve and hadn't seen her for three years prior to that (She had skin cancer) and nearly didn't get to go to her funeral, but I did in the end and I didn't feel like I'd had the chance to say goodbye until I went, but then I found out she had another two forms of cancer, but eventually got over it. I've never got over the death of my great uncle five years ago and only have one memory of him which was very brief. Even though you don't see someone much, I think you should still get the chance to go to their funeral, as that is what really helped me to get over the death of mt great aunt.

Being four when nan died i wasnt bothered about not going to the funeral i was quite happy to stay and play with my mums best friends daughter i still think im glad i didnt go its no place for a four year old child but i agree with Kim maybe it would have helped i dont know..i do miss nan but ive had so long without her i guess i know that shes gone but cant help wishing that what happens in shows like Sabrina when you get them cards and people come back from the dead for an hour or so really could happen lol

samantha nixon
06-04-2006, 16:59
i never went to my nans funeral either vikki as i was 3 or 4, but my nan was ill for a long time and i new that even at that age but i still wish id got to go to her funeral i think and i wish id got to go to my next door neighbours and my great uncles but i werent allowed

*-Rooney-*
12-04-2006, 21:07
ive suffered lots of deaths, they say it makes you stronger but i dont think so

grandad 1983
grandad 1993
3 aunties and an uncle (car crash)1999
gran 1999
great gran 1994
great gran 1998
pal from school (killed himself)2000
pal from school (hit by car) 1993
best pal (killed by boyfriend) 2005
Ive suffered 3 miscarriages between 2001 and 2004 (not qiuite the same i know but still sad)

thats only the ones i remember

always loved and always remembered

Xx-Vicky-xX
14-04-2006, 10:39
I also forgot to say my dad's parents died before i was born in a coach crash in Spain some of you older members may remember it, it was all over the papers and dad still has all the articles and pictures of the coach and stuff in a photo album which i did start reading once but it got just a tad to detailed so i put it away

xStephaniex
30-04-2006, 18:40
vixie-lou its good that you have videos !. just think of how proud she would be of you now :).
i know alot of people that have died and the hardest one i cant get over was my poppa dying (grandad) in 2001. i stupidly saw him in his coffin aswell and we were really close, and i dont think i will ever get rid of the image of him in the coffin. ive had 2 friends committed suicide, my nanny died, i became friends with an old lady in the hospice my poppa was in and she died when i was reading to her ! it was horrible as i was only 11 and she used to love me reading to her everyday. my mates dad died about a month ago and my ex-best mates sister died befor christmas of menigitis :( i didn't like her that much as she used to bully me but you dont wish someone to die as much as you hate them !.

Abi
30-04-2006, 18:50
Well, i found out on Friday that my best friend from junior school was killed last week, by a bus. She was getting out of her boyfriends car, and didn't see it. Knocked her straight, and she died. I haven't spoken to her in 5 years, since we left junior school, but its still a bit wierd knowing shes not around anymore. But thats "life" i suppose, if you mind the pun.

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-04-2006, 20:07
Well, i found out on Friday that my best friend from junior school was killed last week, by a bus. She was getting out of her boyfriends car, and didn't see it. Knocked her straight, and she died. I haven't spoken to her in 5 years, since we left junior school, but its still a bit wierd knowing shes not around anymore. But thats "life" i suppose, if you mind the pun.

Aww thats sad Abi they are worse when they are unexpected everyone except one person that i kow has died has been an unexpected death they are horrible but i cant honestly say many of the deaths have affected me except my nan (the one i have videos of) really but thats only just that i miss her sometimes but im used to the idea of her not being her now after 12 years its just a shame...did anyone see the episode of Sabrina where she gets that ticket and she can have an hour with someone who died ive always wanted to do that with nan even just for an hour say stuff i never could ask what she thinks of me being as messed up as i am tell her what she has missed all that kind of stuff but i would honestly just love that i mean i know it wont happen but ive thought about it alot.

Penguin8191
30-04-2006, 23:25
I've had quite a few

My Granny wen i was 1 - Stroke
My Grandad when i was 4 - Heart Attack
My Great Auntie(who was like a gran) when i was 7 - Old Age
My Papa(also my best friend) when i was 10 - Leaking Heart Valve
My Mums Cousin Marion (who was 25 and had a 6 year old daughter and its heartbreaking to hear her ask for her mummy) when i was 13 - Cancer
My Uncle Rob(55 yrs) who's death im still not over! when i was 14 - Cancer
My Great Aunt Muriel this month wen i was 15 (who was 94) - Old Age
Last Week My Cousin had a Miscarriage which is still really sad! :crying: