PDA

View Full Version : On Location episodes!

littlemo
26-03-2006, 22:27
Since we've got the whole Johnny thing next week in Essex, I was thinking back to the episodes of Eastenders I have enjoyed while they've been away on location.

Blackpool! really sticks in my mind, I loved it! Tiffany, Bianca, Ricky, Simon, Tony, Sarah and that druggie mate of Tony's. There were some really great moments in those episodes. Tony and Simon's first kiss, Tiffany just found out she is pregnant struggling to tell Tony the news. And Sarah getting drugged. When I look back on EE's history, that was one of the classic era's. They were such a great gang!

I think it would be good for EE to do some other episodes like these, with Stacey, Bradley, Deano, Ruby and maybe Gary and some others. It would really be good!

*cinderella*
27-03-2006, 14:04
yeahh theyre in essex. go essex!! haha.

yeah episodes with ruby stacey deano and bradley would be a great one

littlemo
27-03-2006, 15:01

I would really love it! As long as they don't try to relive the Scotland episode, that wasn't great! It should be more like Blackpool. Where they have some fun, but also some really great drama!

People like Martine Mccutcheon and Patsy Palmer are difficult to replace. But I think Lacey Turner and Charlie Clements are people that will be remembered in 10 years time, as Stacey and Bradley. They are just really great! Very good characters, that deserve decent storylines.

Xx-Vicky-xX
27-03-2006, 15:03
yeahh theyre in essex. go essex!! haha.

Shame i didtnt know they were in Essex sooner i could have gone down there

littlemo
27-03-2006, 15:15
Shame i didtnt know they were in Essex sooner i could have gone down there

I don't know if you would have seen much. I think most of it is filmed in Johnny's house (well not his actual house, but you know what I mean).

Kim
27-03-2006, 15:57
I liked the one in Spain for Franks' supposed funeral, the one where Pauline, Derek, Patrick, Yolande, Dot and Jim went to the holiday camp and the Brighton week with Kat, Zoe, Lynne, Garry, Jamie, Sonia and Robbie.

Florijo
27-03-2006, 15:59
I like that idea about a location episode, except for that bit about it being with Deano, Ruby and Garry. Stacey and Bradley yes, but the likes of Deano, Ruby and Garry being there would put me off.

I would prefer it if is was just Stacey and Bradley and they went on location. Maybe a romantic night away or maybe something to do with Stacey's mother/brother or Bradley's father.

x Amby x
27-03-2006, 17:33
I liked the Brighton ones with Kat, Zoe, Jamie etc.. I think they should do one with Walford Teens, it would be quite good!

Bryan
27-03-2006, 17:40
Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont..

some of the good ones were the spanish episodes when fat and prank started their affaitr and irene left terry

i also loved the spanish episodes when peggy went to see franks funeral with rula lenska

i loved the portugal episodes with phil and lisa and the cliff edge too!!!

BlackKat
27-03-2006, 17:54
A good Stacey/Bradley one would be if they went in search of Stacey's brother. If they wanted to lighten the week up a bit they could also take some other characters who could fulfill the "comedy" part of the episodes.

littlemo
27-03-2006, 19:21
A good Stacey/Bradley one would be if they went in search of Stacey's brother. If they wanted to lighten the week up a bit they could also take some other characters who could fulfill the "comedy" part of the episodes.

That would be a bit like when Robbie went to find his dad, those were the Brighton episodes when some of the Slaters and Jamie/Sonia etc. went. The Robbie thing was just a sideline, for Robbie to find his father, and to give Jamie the opportunity to cheat with Zoe (while Sonia was with Robbie).

I think it would be great for Stacey and Bradley to go away together, and I like the idea of them going to find Stacey's brother. I would also like them to go away with Deano somewhere, because I think he would make the trip fun.

squillyfer
27-03-2006, 19:26
I think we can officially say that France was the worst one I dont know anybody that thinks that was a good week

littlemo
27-03-2006, 19:32
I think we can officially say that France was the worst one I dont know anybody that thinks that was a good week

There's been quite a few holidays in France. Do you mean the most recent one when Mickey went to see Dawn?! Yes, it was very bad!

I enjoyed the one when Ricky and Bianca went to visit Diane though.

squillyfer
27-03-2006, 19:35
Yeah the dawn one I'd forgotten about the one with ricky and bianca that was good. The miller one was just awful though. I mean who read that script and thought it was a good idea

BlackKat
27-03-2006, 19:41
I think the week in France with the Millers had a number of things going against it that weren't necessarily to do with the story itself (although not denying that was bad.) The biggest thing it had going against it was it was plopped straight in the middle of the Den storyline. We'd just had the great episodes of Den's funeral, Peggy was going to bring Chrissie down, Sharon was believing Chrissie more and more, we could see Jake was starting to work things out....and then suddenly we're in France for a week, with none of those characters or storylines. I think if they'd put the week during some of the slower Summer weeks it wouldn't have seemed as bad. The timing was appalling.

Having said that...yes, it was pretty bad. I enjoyed seeing Dawn for the first time, and I enjoyed Juley's storyline (little did I know what Ruby/Juley was to come). But I don't find Joe Swash to be a particular good actor, and I though Mike was pretty bad during that week as well (though he improved once he came to Walford.) Minty and Garry - :thumbsdow Gus - :thumbsdow

littlemo
27-03-2006, 19:42
Yeah the dawn one I'd forgotten about the one with ricky and bianca that was good. The miller one was just awful though. I mean who read that script and thought it was a good idea

The one when the Mitchells went to France was good too. Do you remember? It was Tiffany, Grant, Phil and Kathy (it might have been combined with the Bianca/Ricky thing, I'm not sure). Phil had one of his relapses, and hit the bottle very badly, plus Grant and Kathy almost got together.

squillyfer
27-03-2006, 19:59
I think I remember I'm not sure, I would have only been about 7.

littlemo
27-03-2006, 23:03
This Essex one is shaping up to be really great!

Chris_2k11
27-03-2006, 23:08
The one in Spain with Irene & Terry was my fave! When she pushed him in the pool and then threw the plastic chair in on top of him! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Xx-Vicky-xX
28-03-2006, 09:48
I don't know if you would have seen much. I think most of it is filmed in Johnny's house (well not his actual house, but you know what I mean).

Yeh i know what you mean but maybe if i knew they might have stopped after filming to talk to people or something

A good one to do would be Bradley Stacey Deano Micky Ruby Darren Lucy Peter Ben Minty Garry Martin and Carly I know it wont happen because Ian wouldnt let Lucy Peter and Ben go but the rest might

Siobhan
28-03-2006, 11:01
Sometimes they work, sometimes they dont..

some of the good ones were the spanish episodes when fat and prank started their affaitr and irene left terry

i also loved the spanish episodes when peggy went to see franks funeral with rula lenska

i loved the portugal episodes with phil and lisa and the cliff edge too!!!

Phil and Grant in italy looking for Ian' kids was my all time favourite but I love the ones you have mentioned above bry

dddMac1
28-03-2006, 15:58
i like when they away on location it makes the episodes interesting