PDA

View Full Version : Lynne Perrie (Ivy Tilsley) has died

Richie_lecturer
25-03-2006, 17:32
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4844998.stm

Sad news. She was a great character, I remember her in the factory with Iva, Vera, Hilda and co in Mike's factory. I recall a great scene in the 80s where she was refusing to agree for Brian to marry Gail, absolutely fantastic.

RIP. :(

P.S. She joined Corrie in 1971, not 1979 as the Beeb article said. :rolleyes:

feelingyellow
25-03-2006, 18:53
I watched a few old episodes of Corrie a while ago and she was great in it! I think she wasn't keen on Martin and Gail's marriage because of what Carmel had made up. A great character and actress, RIP Lynne. :(

Bryan
25-03-2006, 19:27
such a young age, and such a waste of talent... i grew up with the likes of her and Don Brenon on the cobbles so this is a sad loss to hear off

R.I.P Lynne Perrie

willow
25-03-2006, 21:16
how sad, she was only 75 too!!!!

R.I.P lynne perrie

Richie_lecturer
25-03-2006, 21:41
I watched a few old episodes of Corrie a while ago and she was great in it! I think she wasn't keen on Martin and Gail's marriage because of what Carmel had made up. A great character and actress, RIP Lynne. :(

She hated Gail really, which was why she was called 'Poison Ivy', but she was a loyal family person. When Brian walked out on Gail, about 1984-5, Ivy demanded Brian see the error of his ways and return to Gail. However when Gail cheated on Brian, Ivy was less than convincing.

I did feel sorry for her though. She lost her first husband to an explosion at Brian Tilsley's factory, then of course Brian was murdered, so she didn't have things her own way.

As for Lynne Perrie, well I remember she was extremely nasty in public to Corrie bosses shortly after she left, so Corrie Execs sought revenge, and killed her off a year after she left!

Chloe-Elise
25-03-2006, 21:46
Awww,she was a great actress :( R.I.P. Lynne

Siobhan
28-03-2006, 14:33
I heard she kinda lost the plot over the last few years and it was one of the reasons corrie sacked her. I may be mis lead on that

the_watts_rule
28-03-2006, 15:25
R.I.P Lynne Perrie. I saw a few old corrie episodes and she was a great actress.

dddMac1
28-03-2006, 15:47
great Actress and She will be Missed

R.I.P Lynne Perrie

Richie_lecturer
28-03-2006, 15:47
I heard she kinda lost the plot over the last few years and it was one of the reasons corrie sacked her. I may be mis lead on that

She got sacked because she had her lips done and other stuff, which made her look totally stupid. To be fair she also became a bit of a characature towards the end as well, so her loss wasn't as big as it could have been.

Siobhan
28-03-2006, 16:10
She got sacked because she had her lips done and other stuff, which made her look totally stupid. To be fair she also became a bit of a characature towards the end as well, so her loss wasn't as big as it could have been.

that is what I was getting at. she is going to be remembered more for her antics and sacking then for her part in corrie

Xx-Vicky-xX
05-04-2006, 16:07
I heard this morning that it was her funeral today