PDA

View Full Version : Weaning

Jojo
24-03-2006, 13:59
I am having to start giving Liam baby rice already (14 weeks) as he has started waking during the night for a feed again, from sleeping for 10+ hrs at night.

I can't remember when to give him some though - do I give him some just with his 7pm feed, or do I give him a little bit with each bottle, or every alternate bottle - see my dilemma :D I can't remember what I did with Ciaran, and last night when I gave him some with his 7pm feed, he still woke at 4 am for another feed

Help?? :lol:

Siobhan
24-03-2006, 14:02
I think the weaning process in different in Ireland. We normally start babies at 14 weeks anyway. I had to start ben at 12 cause like you,he was awake at nights. I gave it to him with his last bottle so he was ful going to bed but again he woke up looking for food at night. He is only starting now to sleep all night but his teeth had something to do with that. By 16 weeks ben was on 3 meals and 3 bottles a day

Jojo
24-03-2006, 14:06
I think the weaning process in different in Ireland. We normally start babies at 14 weeks anyway. I had to start ben at 12 cause like you,he was awake at nights. I gave it to him with his last bottle so he was ful going to bed but again he woke up looking for food at night. He is only starting now to sleep all night but his teeth had something to do with that. By 16 weeks ben was on 3 meals and 3 bottles a dayYou know they are actually recommending not to wean until 6 months now!! Not a chance, sorry!

:hmm: Maybe I needed to give him a bit more than I did last night then....I didn't give him the entire amount, as I wasn't too sure, but maybe I will tonight depending on his mood and see how it goes from there...thanks Siobhan

Siobhan
24-03-2006, 14:16
You know they are actually recommending not to wean until 6 months now!! Not a chance, sorry!

:hmm: Maybe I needed to give him a bit more than I did last night then....I didn't give him the entire amount, as I wasn't too sure, but maybe I will tonight depending on his mood and see how it goes from there...thanks Siobhan

no problem

6 months :eek::eek: Ben would have been like a new born waking every 3 hours for food.. he is a hungry baby as it is..

Jojo
24-03-2006, 14:26
no problem

6 months :eek::eek: Ben would have been like a new born waking every 3 hours for food.. he is a hungry baby as it is..Exactly like Liam - hes on the hungry baby food and its not enough for him, so imagine making him wait for another 2 months!!! I never did that with Ste or Ci and I'm not about to start doing it now either...

Siobhan
24-03-2006, 14:29
Exactly like Liam - hes on the hungry baby food and its not enough for him, so imagine making him wait for another 2 months!!! I never did that with Ste or Ci and I'm not about to start doing it now either...

I have ben on omneo comfort from 2 weeks old.. he never got enough food cause he has problems with wind and I had to feed him every 2 hours.. that was a nightmare

chance
24-03-2006, 23:30
I got told off by the hv the other day for giving shannon baby rice so early,she was 20 weeks!
but she wasnt satisified with just bottles so tough,unless the hv wants to keep feeding her every two hours and getting up with her in the night.
shes not too keen on the rice though so im crushing up rusk with her milk,and she loves it!

Jojo
25-03-2006, 16:13
Well, so far the rice hasn't helped - still getting up at 4am, how long before you notice a difference??

I spoke to my HV and they are really good, said to go ahead and start him on it, as he was obviously hungry again - this 6 month rule is crazy!! I don't understand why they have changed it to then, and if thats what it should be, how comes Heinz, Farleys etc are still manufacturing feeds from 4 months plus! I'm going with what liam tells me....we know our children better than the HV's

chance
25-03-2006, 23:22
Ive tried her on the heinz foods as well,she wasnt that keen on the choc pudding! (what the hell is wrong with my daughter!) she likes the porridge and egg custard though but her fave is just mashed up rusk with her milk,it took her about a week to get used to it and carry on going on through the night.

twinkle_eyes83
25-03-2006, 23:26
dont worry paige did not like choc pudding to start of with but i tried her again after she had been on soilds for a couple of weeks and she love it now she eats anything and last night we had a chinese and my little piggy had pawn crackers lol she loved them and now wont stop eating them:rotfl: