View Full Version : Nhs cash crisis

chance
23-03-2006, 09:44
Whos to blame?

management?

goverment?

Em
23-03-2006, 11:07
Im going for management - my aunts a nurse and she says they waste money on crap, and overpay the ssenior authorities and pen pushers, leaving the actual nurses and doctors without. If the money was managed better they would cope better.

I heard fo a hospital that spent £2000 on flowers for a royal visit!! The government cant be blamed for that!

JustJodi
23-03-2006, 11:09
Actually its both, the government and the management,, govt doles out the dosh, the management MISMANAGES the dosh,, Just my 2 euro cents worth since reading about the NHS,,:searchme:

Siobhan
23-03-2006, 11:19
Actually its both, the government and the management,, govt doles out the dosh, the management MISMANAGES the dosh,, Just my 2 euro cents worth since reading about the NHS,,:searchme:

I have to agree with you. Government doesn't give enough money and what is given is totally mismanaged

Jojo
23-03-2006, 11:22
IMO, to some extents the government can't be blamed. Yes they need to inject more cash, though where is that going to come from, but at the end of the day, the money is dished out, for the management to decide where and how to spend it. To blame the government for hospitals constantly overspending (ignoring whether they have received enough cash or not), would be like me blaming my job for me overspending and going overdrawn by the end of the month.

dddMac1
23-03-2006, 15:16
i think they both are to blame
the govorment need to put more cash into the NHS
and the management need to watch what they are spending

Tamzi
24-03-2006, 22:27
They both seem to be at fault. The Government needs to give more money to the NHS, there just isn't enough, but the management need to watch where their doing with the money. They need to not waste money and really focus on using it for what matters. the management seems to be more to blame though, because if the government just keeps giving them money it won't solve the problem really. They both need to sort things out.
xxx

alkalinetrio
25-03-2006, 02:22
need better managment of the money and more money from goverment!

snapper
25-03-2006, 11:28
Well its definately both - from my viewpoint (I hope to qualify as a nurse in Decemember this year) but the trouble seems to be the managers themselves - one of the managers at my local hospital is an ex-manager of a fast-food company - and trying to explain to him the why's and wherefores as to where the money is needed in our hospital is like knocking your head against a brickwall. ie He and his team cut funding for our elderly patients yet they make up the vast amount of annual patients...

I believe in the NHS, I still believe in our doctors and nurses - some of them buy basics like soap, shaving kit etc so our patients can recieve decent washes every morning, this is vital for those patients without relatives etc.

Wastage, like paperwork being done in triplicate or more, is time comsuming.....as well as not being environmentally friendly...Please think of us nurses that really have to think about what we now say to patients - for example I had a verbal warning the other day, which really upset me. Guess what I did. I was busy with a coupel of patients, but another patient wanted my attention. I told them that i was busy but that I would be there in 5-10 minutes, but that if it was urgent ring the buzzer and we would deal with the matter. The patient said no they were fine to wait for 10 mintues, it was just a query that they had got. Well a staff nurse over heard me and said that i had broken the rules by giving the patient a time that she would be kept waiting - the rational was that if I kept her waiting longer than 10 minutes, she could sue me! Is our society really like this now?

Abbie
25-03-2006, 12:09
I say the goverment cos well they are really the source of the the problem then management is to blame