PDA

View Full Version : Soap mags?!

littlemo
21-03-2006, 11:27
Are they all out today? They've got the previews of Inside Soap on DS, sounds quite good. Is All About Soap and Soaplife out? I might not get to the shops for a while, i'm at home ill.

Any good gossip you can give me about Bradley and Stacey?!

Florijo
21-03-2006, 14:59
Yes, All About Soap and Soaplife are out. There is loads about the whole Johnny/Ruby/Phil/Grant/Danny/Jake thing and about Phil/Ben/Ian. Can't remember there being anything about Stacey and Bradley though.

littlemo
21-03-2006, 15:09
Yes, All About Soap and Soaplife are out. There is loads about the whole Johnny/Ruby/Phil/Grant/Danny/Jake thing and about Phil/Ben/Ian. Can't remember there being anything about Stacey and Bradley though.

O.k thanks.

I suppose i'd better go and have a look for myself. In your opinion which magazine do you think is the better buy this fortnight? I don't usually buy them but I think I might splash out. I can't really stand there and read them, it's a small shop. I just want to get one and go home and read it.

Does anybody else remember reading anything about Bradley and Stacey?

BlackKat
21-03-2006, 15:15
I haven't read them all in depth but as far as I'm aware there's no Stacey/Bradley. There is however the results from a poll in Soaplife from a few weeks ago, about whether Stacey and Bradley should get together and 82% said No. I find that a bit strange because on all the boards the reaction to the pairing has been great. :searchme:

littlemo
21-03-2006, 15:21
I haven't read them all in depth but as far as I'm aware there's no Stacey/Bradley. There is however the results from a poll in Soaplife from a few weeks ago, about whether Stacey and Bradley should get together and 82% said No. I find that a bit strange because on all the boards the reaction to the pairing has been great. :searchme:

Really! Oh my god! Well maybe people's opinions have changed since a few weeks ago. I hope they have! For me I've liked them for ages. They are kind of like Sonia and Jamie when they got together, except about a million times better. Much better personalities, much more chemistry. I find it very strange that 82 percent said no to them getting together. Did you read the question properly? because I have noticed that sometimes the question can be quite confusing. Well I'll read it later anyway.

Florijo
21-03-2006, 15:27
To be honest in terms of EE content they both have several articles and quality pictures. All About Soap though has a three months of storylines revealed section and an interview with Billy Murray where he says he hates what EE did to Johnny.

BlackKat
21-03-2006, 15:27
Really! Oh my god! Well maybe people's opinions have changed since a few weeks ago. I hope they have! For me I've liked them for ages. They are kind of like Sonia and Jamie when they got together, except about a million times better. Much better personalities, much more chemistry. I find it very strange that 82 percent said no to them getting together. Did you read the question properly? because I have noticed that sometimes the question can be quite confusing. Well I'll read it later anyway.

"Should Stacey get together with Bradley?"
18% - Yes
82% - No

Like I said, strange. I mean obviously it isn't going to be "100% Yes, they should get together and be together for ever and have hundreds of cute little babies." But...82%???

littlemo
21-03-2006, 18:16
I bought All About Soap and I do think I made the right choice. Although I do find buying these magazines a waste of money. I just got it today because I was feeling ill and I wanted something to read. It's not something I'm going to be doing every fortnight. I can imagine the internet has caused a lot of people to stop buying them, it's so much easier, and you may get the odd comment in an article you haven't heard on the website, but that's all it usually is. Not enough to fork out, £1.40 on, that was Soaplife, and All about Soap £1.35.

Do you remember when they started doing soap magazines? It was Inside Soap, 99 pence for a fortnight's worth of gossip. It's gone beyond a joke really.

Anyway I read an interview with Louisa (plays Ruby), it didn't say anything about why she treated Stacey that way before she left, but she did stay that Stacey is still Ruby's best mate. Also that she doesn't know when Ruby is going to have any romantic interests. Do you think that means this Bradley/Ruby thing is fake?

eastenders mad
26-03-2006, 12:40
is the new All about soap mag out now cause i haven't had it delieved

di marco
26-03-2006, 13:44
is the new All about soap mag out now cause i haven't had it delieved

yeh there was a new one out friday i saw in the shop

littlemo
04-04-2006, 13:49
The soap magazines didn't reveal much today! I skimmed through them during my tea break in work. The only thing of interest (for me) was the gossip about what's coming up for Grant. That bit was quite exciting, I'm not sure though how much was spoiler, and how much speculation.

They mentioned that Sharon might come back bringing the news that Mark jnr is Grant's son (that was rumoured before but it does seem like it might be true. She's coming back before Grant leaves, that seems pretty definite! And there could be romance on the cards between them. Also they hinted that the person Grant has a fling with is Carly. It seem's Grant is having a lot of storylines. They were speculating his exit, as either something to do with the Millers or him going to America after he finds out about Mark (so that was a bit all over the place). It seemed very good!

Oh yes, there was stuff with Jake aswell. It said he wanted to confess to the police about Danny, and Grant and Phil prevent him from doing so. Then he goes home and tries to commit suicide, but doesn't succeed because Phil and Grant turn up. He's out cold but he's alright. Phil and Grant then call his bluff, they tell Jake to stand in the street, and say they will drive straight into him. He has to decide whether he wants to live or die! So he chooses to live.

Siobhan
05-04-2006, 12:55
The soap magazines didn't reveal much today! I skimmed through them during my tea break in work. The only thing of interest (for me) was the gossip about what's coming up for Grant. That bit was quite exciting, I'm not sure though how much was spoiler, and how much speculation.

They mentioned that Sharon might come back bringing the news that Mark jnr is Grant's son (that was rumoured before but it does seem like it might be true. She's coming back before Grant leaves, that seems pretty definite! And there could be romance on the cards between them. Also they hinted that the person Grant has a fling with is Carly. It seem's Grant is having a lot of storylines. They were speculating his exit, as either something to do with the Millers or him going to America after he finds out about Mark (so that was a bit all over the place). It seemed very good!

Oh yes, there was stuff with Jake aswell. It said he wanted to confess to the police about Danny, and Grant and Phil prevent him from doing so. Then he goes home and tries to commit suicide, but doesn't succeed because Phil and Grant turn up. He's out cold but he's alright. Phil and Grant then call his bluff, they tell Jake to stand in the street, and say they will drive straight into him. He has to decide whether he wants to live or die! So he chooses to live.

Got to the Jake Heaven thread. Black Kat has posted what is in the soap mags and there is a lot more phil/grant/jake stuff coming up.. very very interesting, plus one pic of Jake punching Juley which will please Ruby fans

lisa cullumbine
05-04-2006, 12:59
:cheer: i wondered how long it would be before the mark jnr storyline was to come out about time there is probaly not alot for sharon to come back for at the moment too many memories and what with grants wife on the scene and his flings with jane, dawn & carly i dont think he will have much time for her

Bree
05-04-2006, 14:53
wow sounds fab aww poor jake hes is such a brill actor and really cute :wub:

Chris_2k11
07-04-2006, 16:26
he is such a brill actor :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Richie_lecturer
07-04-2006, 22:40
Must be a touch of MikeBaldwinitas. :o

littlemo
16-04-2006, 19:16
I've just been over the newsagents and both Soaplife and All About Soap are out! Maybe because it's bank holiday, they've brought them out earlier?!

I only skimmed through while I was there, but I did see that there was a huge article about Little Mo (as we know all the stuff with Freddie is coming up). Also quite a misleading headline again about Little Mo killing Freddie (which from the spoilers i've read, doesn't seem to be true). I also saw a picture of Grant and Jane kissing on the floor of the Vic.

If anyone else has bought the magazines, please post any gossip!

littlemo
16-04-2006, 19:31
Other people must have got soap magazines today! But strangely I can't find any messages about them. I've been on Walford Web and DS. I think I might have to buy the magazines myself!

leanne27
16-04-2006, 19:55
has inside soap been out today?

Richie_lecturer
16-04-2006, 20:06
Not sure.

P.S. It should be renamed Inside EastEnders for reasons of 'bias'.

alan45
16-04-2006, 20:20
Not sure.

P.S. It should be renamed Inside EastEnders for reasons of 'bias'.Yes or maybe even Inside C**p fpr the same reasons. Even Pravda was less biased

di marco
16-04-2006, 20:21
Not sure.

P.S. It should be renamed Inside EastEnders for reasons of 'bias'.

is it biased? ive never really noticed

BlackKat
16-04-2006, 20:50
I've just been over the newsagents and both Soaplife and All About Soap are out! Maybe because it's bank holiday, they've brought them out earlier?!

I only skimmed through while I was there, but I did see that there was a huge article about Little Mo (as we know all the stuff with Freddie is coming up). Also quite a misleading headline again about Little Mo killing Freddie (which from the spoilers i've read, doesn't seem to be true). I also saw a picture of Grant and Jane kissing on the floor of the Vic.

If anyone else has bought the magazines, please post any gossip!

Are you in the North of England? I read somewhere that they come out early there, which seems rather odd. Some people also get them early because of subscriptions, but if they're in newsagents it must be another reason.

littlemo
16-04-2006, 21:44
Are you in the North of England? I read somewhere that they come out early there, which seems rather odd. Some people also get them early because of subscriptions, but if they're in newsagents it must be another reason.

No, I live in Swansea, Wales.

I did buy the magazines in the end. Inside Soap wasn't out today, just All About Soap and Soaplife.

Eastenders is looking really good for the next few weeks! And I agree they do usually give a lot more detail about EE than any other soap, but I think it's because it's the most popular. Well it's the only one I watch every episode of. Corrie's o.k but I'm not that bothered if I see it or not.

I love the stuff coming up with Jane and Grant! It seems now that Grant is the boss at Scarletts, I don't know how he got it off Johnny, but they call the office in the club 'Grant's office'. Him and Jane also have sex on the office table at Scarletts! It seems like it's going to be a really passionate relationship.

First Ian nearly catches them kissing in the Archers. When Ian comes in they appear close, but Grant manages to cover, and Ian dismisses it. On May 4th though Phil catches them together, and finds out about the affair. He tells Grant that their relationship, will ruin his relationship with Ben.

It also gives a really strong hint that Jane may get pregnant with Grant's child! And Ian may end up bringing up another baby that's not his. It is the 3rd repeat of this storyline (involving Ian), but it's different if it involves the Mitchells. I'm sure it'll be great!

On 5th May Soaplife says that 'Grant has a new lady on his arm-but is it just for show'. I think they're talking about Chelsea Fox. I did hear they are going to have a fling. But maybe he does stay true to Jane for a while. Although he would probably be better being true to his wife! lol. (but I did hear Carla was having an affair too, so I think I can let him off! lol.)

Also big stuff happening with Little Mo. I think this is the beginning of her departure storyline. Am I right in thinking that's in May?!

She starts a relationship with the doctor. Then Freddie gets ill, and they find a bleed on the brain. She suspects Ben because Jane was babysitting at the time, and Ben was the only one upstairs. Police suspects it's down to Little Mo thanks to Oliver Cousins. It's a very big storyline, which sounds really good!

BlackKat
16-04-2006, 22:27
I love the stuff coming up with Jane and Grant! It seems now that Grant is the boss at Scarletts, I don't know how he got it off Johnny, but they call the office in the club 'Grant's office'.

He doesn't -- Jake gets power of attorney over Johnny's estate until Ruby's 18, and offers Grant a job in Scarlets. If it's Grant's office, it's probably as manager. :)

littlemo
16-04-2006, 22:35
He doesn't -- Jake gets power of attorney over Johnny's estate until Ruby's 18, and offers Grant a job in Scarlets. If it's Grant's office, it's probably as manager. :)

Oh right! Thanks for telling me! I was wondering about that. It did seem very strange that Johnny would give Grant the club!

It does mention that it's Grant's office, and that he's hosting the relaunch party (in Soaplife), so I think Jake has made him the manager. Probably due to how great Grant's been, looking out for him. It's a nice gesture to make.

Did Johnny decide to make Jake power of attorney?! I figured after everything going wrong with the Mitchells he wouldn't want much to do with him. It's going to make it difficult for Ruby, she's going to have to talk to him at some point! You might be able to do these things through the solicitor, but I'm not sure Jake will want to go away when Ruby turns 18, do you?!

leanne27
17-04-2006, 09:57

I live in the North East and all the soap magazines are released on tuesdays dont know if that's early or not though.

di marco
17-04-2006, 10:30
I live in the North East and all the soap magazines are released on tuesdays dont know if that's early or not though.

i think thats the day theyre meant to come out, well thats the day they come out here and i live in the south east :)

littlemo
17-04-2006, 13:04
Yes Tuesday is the day they come out, but I think because of the bank holiday they've come out earlier. Have you checked at your newsagents? anyone?!

Florijo
17-04-2006, 14:25
Hi littlemo, non-EE related (sorry :o ) but is there anything in All About Soap and Soaplife about Hollyoaks and Becca and Justin? Sorry for asking and apologies for going off-topic in a EE forum but I won't be able to go to the shops myself (I'm ill :( ) and I'm a huge Justin/Becca fan (they are my Stacey and Bradley of Hollyoaks) and I'm dying to know when Becca comes back. Thanks. :)

littlemo
17-04-2006, 14:59
Very little about them. Just the spoilers at the back. I don't watch Hollyoaks myself, but i'll just copy the spoilers with them in it.

Soaplife
May 5th
With Becca back at school for the first time since her father's death, Justin wants to know where he stands with her... but he'll have to wait until the end of the day.
Later on thinkin they're on their own, Becca reassures Justin that her feelings haven't changed and she pulls him close for a kiss. Trust Nicole to be walking by...Now she has some real gossip.

Also there's a little spoiler
What Next?
Tragedy strikes for Becca... Will Nancy survive?- Next issue.

I'm not supposed to post other things not regarding EE on this thread, so I think it's best just the person who asked for the details reply to this message. If they want to.

BlackKat
17-04-2006, 15:18
Any mentions of Jake in the mags? (EastEnder's Jake that is. :) )

littlemo
17-04-2006, 15:29
Any mentions of Jake in the mags? (EastEnder's Jake that is. :) )

No.

I did hear that Jake was the power of attorney for Johnny though. But he has nothing to do with the club, and seems to make Grant manager of Scarletts.

BlackKat
17-04-2006, 16:22
Did Johnny decide to make Jake power of attorney?! I figured after everything going wrong with the Mitchells he wouldn't want much to do with him. It's going to make it difficult for Ruby, she's going to have to talk to him at some point! You might be able to do these things through the solicitor, but I'm not sure Jake will want to go away when Ruby turns 18, do you?!

It would have to be Johnny's decision, so yes he must decide to. I think out of everyone in Walford Jake would be the one he'd trust to look after things. Plus he can hardly blame Jake for...well, anything. If anything Jake shouldn't want anything to do with Johnny after what Johnny did to Danny.

Jake's starting to get back on track now, so his obsession with Ruby should start to die down. Also him and Ruby "turn over a new leaf." I'm not sure if that's "I still hate you but I'll be civil seeing as you're running things for now," or "I understand why you killed Danny and don't hate you anymore so lets be bestest friends and bake cookies," or somewhere in between.

Florijo
17-04-2006, 16:32
Very little about them. Just the spoilers at the back. I don't watch Hollyoaks myself, but i'll just copy the spoilers with them in it.

Soaplife
May 5th
With Becca back at school for the first time since her father's death, Justin wants to know where he stands with her... but he'll have to wait until the end of the day.
Later on thinkin they're on their own, Becca reassures Justin that her feelings haven't changed and she pulls him close for a kiss. Trust Nicole to be walking by...Now she has some real gossip.

Also there's a little spoiler
What Next?
Tragedy strikes for Becca... Will Nancy survive?- Next issue.

I'm not supposed to post other things not regarding EE on this thread, so I think it's best just the person who asked for the details reply to this message. If they want to.

Back to EE, Grant and Chelsea Fox sound, erm..interesting. A bit young though for Grant, I would have thought. I can imagine Grant and Carla having a very Den and Chrissie/Angie relationship, in that it is very intense and off/on all the time.

littlemo
09-05-2006, 16:01
I had a chance to look through Inside Soap this morning, and I thought I'd share what I read.

I love Bradley and Stacey, and there was a great article about those two in today!

You've probably read that Stacey tells Dot about Nick having cancer. Jim decides not to tell Dot when he gets the phone call to inform her about his condition. But confides in Bradley, who then confides in Stacey. Who tells Dot the truth.

Bradley goes ballistic when he finds out Stacey's told Dot. But Dot tells Bradley to forgive her because she thinks she did the right thing. Stacey feels bad about telling Dot, but believes it was the right thing to do, and is pleased when Bradley decides to forgive.

But Jim is very angry at Stacey for what she did, and has a go at her for it. Which causes Bradley to stand up for his girlfriend. He actually tells him to back off. It sounds good!

I'm going to read it again tomorrow!

BlackKat
09-05-2006, 16:05
There's also a mention of Sean in Inside Soap. No news yet of who's playing him, but apparently he's going to be their new hunk. :rolleyes: It does say Sean and Stacey will be an explosive combination, and that there'll be plently of angst as they try to forge a new bond. :)

littlemo
09-05-2006, 16:15
There's also a mention of Sean in Inside Soap. No news yet of who's playing him, but apparently he's going to be their new hunk. :rolleyes: It does say Sean and Stacey will be an explosive combination, and that there'll be plently of angst as they try to forge a new bond. :)

Yeah I read that too! Seems like some great stuff happening for Stacey and Bradley!

JulieBic
09-05-2006, 19:38
I'm glad to hear that there are good things coming for those two. Here in the States EE is about 1 month behind. But I think these two are a great couple and Stacey deserves to have a little happiness in her life.

littlemo
09-05-2006, 21:30
I'm glad to hear that there are good things coming for those two. Here in the States EE is about 1 month behind. But I think these two are a great couple and Stacey deserves to have a little happiness in her life.

Yeah she does! I'm glad Bradley makes her happy.

Pixie
10-05-2006, 01:12
awww I'm glad Bradley finally stands up for Stacey

star_girl
14-05-2006, 18:46
inside soap is out on tuesdays i dont know about any others

littlemo
14-05-2006, 23:28
All the fortnightly ones are out this week as well.

littlemo
17-05-2006, 19:18
How boring are the current soap magazines?! I read them all in about 5 minutes. Hope it's going to be better next time.

Nigella harman
23-05-2006, 11:30
Todays inside soap has loads of goss!:thumbsup: It says about The Millers upcoming story,Honey and Billys wedding,Grants troubles with all his women,Bradleys family and how his dad wants him back in his life,and also about the situation Stacey finds herself in with her mum,I think she basically has to decide between going back to her mums or staying with Bradley and Ruby!!!And also who gets with the aussie stripper!!!as his chick!!!Its a good read!Oh and about Sonia and Martin and Carly.And Pauline and Joe!!!!Its basically got all the summer storyline goss!I probably should have said that first!!!:hmm: :)

soapyclean
23-05-2006, 11:55
Should've scanned the new mags :D If not know someone who can do it for you :D I just can't be bothered reading them :D

BlackKat
23-05-2006, 12:34
Could you write the summer spoilers up in full? Or like soapyclean said, scan them in. :searchme: :bow:

littlemo
23-05-2006, 18:50
I read it today I didn't find it very exciting, to be honest. Same old stuff that we know already.

Nigella harman
24-05-2006, 11:22
Well after hearing loads of rumours about Rosie and Demi dieing,Bradleys Dad being abusive, Staceys mum is coming back and how,Honey and Billys dream wedding,it cleared alot of it up:thumbsup: .Rosie and Demi could well survive the summer and go and live in the Cotswolds!Bradleys Dad has a lot of making up to do with Bradley(not beating him up!) and it says that Staceys mum is only in it for a series of episodes,not full time or moving to the square and Stacey finds herself torn between her mum and her new life in Albert square!And Honeys and Billys Dream wedding is postponed after Honey eats a dodgy volavont(spelling!).The rest is about Minty and the stripper and Garys jealous:angry: ,Pauline getting Joe back into the house without Bert! and the love god!!!:rolleyes: Grant Mitchells final storylines.And Denise and her two fellas!I thought it was quite informative!I must be easily pleased!!!:cheer:

littlemo
25-05-2006, 20:50
Maybe I'm just not easily pleased.

Actually I did have another read yesterday, and found a bit more gossip than I had read previously. I'm just unhappy they haven't got any Bradley and Stacey yet. Watch this space hey!