PDA

View Full Version : Mike's dying wish

Em
20-03-2006, 21:26
Mike Baldwin: I’ll be back
We were devastated to discover that Mike Baldwin is set to die in arch rival Ken Barlow’s arms next month. But every cloud has a silver lining, and we’re pleased to report that the flash factory boss is set to make a triumphant return – as a ghost!

Corrie bosses are expecting ratings to soar when the death scene is screened and they want to keep up their figures. So bringing back the cashmere-sweatered businessman from beyond the grave will add an extra dimension to the storyline of his long-running feud with Ken – triggered when Mike had an affair with Ken’s wife Deirdre more than 20 years ago. And Mike’s chilling last words to Ken will be: “I’m going to get Deirdre back off you.”

“Johnny’s contract doesn’t end till October,” a Street source told the Daily Star on Sunday. “The scriptwriters were fully aware of this when they wrote the death scenes. They came up with the idea that the feud between Baldwin and Barlow could continue even after one of them had died. It's a nice touch that he says he will win Deirdre back!"

Meanwhile, Johnny Briggs has revealed that quitting Coronation Street was the hardest decision he’s ever had to make. The star has told how he made his monumental decision on the flip of a coin. “I was sitting there and I thought: ‘Heads I’m going, tails, I stay.’ I threw it and it was heads, so that was that.”

From Wanadoo

A ghost?? I thinkthis sounds pants! All that work on a fab storyline then they make him a ghost!

Cornishbabe
20-03-2006, 22:02
that sounds like a really good storyline. I wonder if he does get her back?

angelblue
20-03-2006, 23:40
aww i wish he died in danny arms it would of been better more poignant :(

melmarshall858
21-03-2006, 07:54
i think this sounds silly they should just give him a good build up to his death and leave it there.

LostVoodoo
21-03-2006, 09:57
this does sound rather daft. maybe it's a symptom of Ken going crazy after living with all those barmy women for so long!

littlemo
21-03-2006, 11:53
this does sound rather daft. maybe it's a symptom of Ken going crazy after living with all those barmy women for so long!

Yeah that would be good! lol. Although I don't think they can have two people go crazy in that amount of time, that would just be mad! lol.

Tanya
21-03-2006, 13:30
im looking forward to this storyline, it should be great!

eastenders mad
26-03-2006, 12:35
that does sound werid so does that mean that Ken and Derdie will divorce again lol

shannisrules
26-03-2006, 14:45
i hope they dont bring him back as a ghost think of how dens return in eastenders was after a while and that was in person not as a ghost once someone is dead they are dead do they have to bring him back?

soapyclean
26-03-2006, 16:09
Ghosts I don't mind, they disappear but Den was back in the flesh hehe :D

You don't kill a ghost you put whats bugging them to rest and they go, so hopefully its dealt with in a good way.

OlafVonPokemon
26-03-2006, 18:52
I think this is a fantastic storyline. Older readers might remember the excellent 80's series "Rentaghost", Sue Nicholls could reprise her role of "Nadia Popov" and start a new ghost hairdressing/underwear business with Mike Baldwin, and what about an appearance by the Great Scouse Ghostbuster himself, Sir Derek Acorah to cast out the cockney barra boy from the Barlows. Who you gonna call?

Layne
26-03-2006, 18:59
his contract doesn't end till october, but he has already left the street - he left last week, Sally Lindsay said on corrie, because they were all really sad and stuff.
A Ghost, i don't know, we;ll have to wait and see!

Chris_2k11
26-03-2006, 19:09
I think this is a fantastic storyline. Older readers might remember the excellent 80's series "Rentaghost", Sue Nicholls could reprise her role of "Nadia Popov" and start a new ghost hairdressing/underwear business with Mike Baldwin, and what about an appearance by the Great Scouse Ghostbuster himself, Sir Derek Acorah to cast out the cockney barra boy from the Barlows. Who you gonna call? :confused: :confused: :confused:

DaVeyWaVey
26-03-2006, 20:34
If Corrie handles this well, then it will be fantastic!

RealityGap
04-04-2006, 10:38
im trying to stay open minded about this BUT really not sure :(

melmarshall858
04-04-2006, 11:03
Well in an interview with the actor that played him in last weeks magazines it had information about his last day of filming before he left and this was his final scenes with ken so i think we can assume that this rumour is not true.

***sharon rules***
04-04-2006, 12:52
mike baldwin to come back as a ghost.i hope so lol.make the soap more spooky.

Luna
05-04-2006, 14:24
oh god no thats the worst thing ive ever heard. Corrie have done all this good work promoting this aful illness and now they are going to ruin it...corrie writers get your act together

Em
05-04-2006, 16:08
I totally agree - the storyline has been so touching this will just totally ruin it!

Its like on Home and Away when Bobby's face was on the fridge - and that programme has just got stranger and stranger!

xStephaniex
15-04-2006, 17:08
it seems rather silly !! would they bring him back still having alzhimers (SP?) disese or not ? and would he have remebered any of the stuff he said before he died!!!??? yeh i think it sounds pants too lol

melmarshall858
15-04-2006, 17:24
They are not bringing him back Mike has gone now and will never be seen again this is just a silly rumour.

Chris_2k11
22-04-2006, 10:30
They are not bringing him back Mike has gone now and will never be seen again this is just a silly rumour.Ah but that's where you're wrong. He'll be seen tonight, 9pm, ITV1. You mark my words. :cool: :p

melmarshall858
22-04-2006, 10:35
Lol. I meant the character will never be seen again not the actor.

star_girl
07-05-2006, 12:56
ooo this sounds interesting i wonder how they will pull it off though! x

melmarshall858
07-05-2006, 14:02
As has been said they won't be pulling it off because it isn't going to happen that was just an unconfirmed rumour.