PDA

View Full Version : New Sgt to replace St, June

alan45
16-03-2006, 07:04
According to todays Daily Mirror (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16819373%26method=full%26siteid=94762% 26headline=ex%2dender%2dgilian%2dto%2dfit%2dthe%2d bill%2d-name_page.html) former EE star Gillian Taylforth is to join top cop show The Bill.

Lets hope she has no landrover scenes in a lay-by :eek:

Johnny Allen
16-03-2006, 08:39
oh god not her, her voice does my head in, The Bill was rapidly going down as it was, I fail to see this as a boast to the show.

alan45
16-03-2006, 09:24
I have to disagree with you there about the Bill going down. IMHO it has improved leaps and bounds since the departure of Marquess and the Chimp. I liked Gillian Taylforth in EE and she hasnt been too bad in FW.

As long as she doesnt go down in the Bill things should be good

Jojo
16-03-2006, 10:27
As long as she doesnt go down in the Bill things should be good:rotfl: That is very true Alan - I think I would have to wait to see her on screen before forming an opinion though.....:hmm: don't know what i feel about this just yet, although, can anyone really fill the shoes of the great June Ackland..

Babe14
16-03-2006, 10:34
Um..Not sure about this "Rumour"..

Babe14
16-03-2006, 10:37
Mind you the Bill is becoming a second home for ex-eastenders stars (Roberta Taylor, Todd Carty, (Ken Hammond) and also Ex-footballer wives stars , Will Fletcher and now possibly Gillian Taylforth. Could be an interesting lover for Smithy :)

Babe14
16-03-2006, 10:38
oh god not her, her voice does my head in, The Bill was rapidly going down as it was, I fail to see this as a boast to the show.

I think you must be watching a different program to the rest of us:lol:

Chloe O'brien
16-03-2006, 10:40
Have the stars of EE got a claus written in the contracts that if they leave EE they will be given a job on "the bill" nothing against gillian taylforth but i'm sure there are other actors around to chose without employing anyone from the ex EE crowd. Who is going to be next "Peggy Poison Dwarf Mitchell" as the replacement for Adam Okaro :rotfl:

Babe14
16-03-2006, 10:45
Have the stars of EE got a claus written in the contracts that if they leave EE they will be given a job on "the bill" nothing against gillian taylforth but i'm sure there are other actors around to chose without employing anyone from the ex EE crowd. Who is going to be next "Peggy Poison Dwarf Mitchell" as the replacement for Adam Okaro :rotfl:

:rotfl::lol: God forbid Peggy Mitchell in the Bill!!!

I can't really see Gillian fitting in the Bill and to moe she looks pretty settled in footballers wives. Come on be honest would you leave Jessie Birdsall:wub: :lol:

alan45
16-03-2006, 10:46
Who is going to be next "Peggy Poison Dwarf Mitchell" as the replacement for Adam Okaro :rotfl:
Oh please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We could do without that odious little midget.

Siobhan
16-03-2006, 10:49
There has been at least one good ex eastender in the bill. maybe Gillian will do it justice. it remains to be seen

Babe14
16-03-2006, 10:51
And there still is in the form of the fabulous Roberta. Todd was excellent and (Ken) was good to.

alan45
16-03-2006, 10:56
Roberta Taylor has been excellent in The Bill. I must say I had my doubts about her as I wasnt overly impressed with her in EE but Im happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. She has fitted in well in TB and without wishing to sound sexist she has become ''one of the boys''

Richie_lecturer
16-03-2006, 15:54
Wow Arfur and Kaff in The Bill - brilliant! :cheer:

Johnny Allen
16-03-2006, 23:08
I think you must be watching a different program to the rest of us:lol:

I see your point, but at the moment, The Bill has become so stereotypical and unrealistic that it's become too predictable for my liking. Tonights episode was great though.

alan45
17-03-2006, 07:56
I see your point, but at the moment, The Bill has become so stereotypical and unrealistic that it's become too predictable for my liking. Tonights episode was great though.The Bill has become very realistic of late since the departure of Paul Marquess and his obsession with rape and explosions. I can relate to most of the characters in the Bill. I can compare them with real life policemen and women that I know. Of course there are a few that would never have survived in a real life police envioronment

samantha nixon
17-03-2006, 20:28
im glad gillian is joining as she is a fab actress and i think shell play her character great