PDA

View Full Version : Teri Hatcher's child abuse..

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-03-2006, 18:01
Brave Teri Hatcher has revealed she was abused as a child.

The Desperate Housewives actress says she considered suicide because of the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of her uncle from the age of five to eight.

She helped police jail pedophile Richard Hayes Stone in 2002 when she heard his abuse had caused a 14-year-old girl to kill herself.

Speaking to Vanity Fair magazine she said: "I was just blown over by this girl's pain. I thought, 'Boy, that's really close to being me.' Any day of the week, I could feel that sort of pain.

"I haven't tried to kill myself, but I've certainly thought about it, and then I felt guilty about thinking about it, because what's so terrible about my life?"

Stone, who was married to Teri's mum's sister, pleaded guilty to four counts of child molestation in December 2002 and was sentenced to 14 years in prison after Teri agreed to testify against him.

The star said that before going to prosecutors four years ago, she had never told anyone of her ordeal, not even her parents.

The actress recently decided to go public saying, "I'm 41-years-old, and it's time for me to stop hiding."