PDA

View Full Version : Should men always seek verbal consent before sex?

chance
14-03-2006, 09:22
Found this poll on another website and surprisingly 'no' wasnt doin to badly with keeping up with 'yes' so thought id see what you lot think.I think yes a man should always get verbal consent.

$sTaCeY$
14-03-2006, 10:33
yes they should have verbal consent of the women before having sex, if they dont get verbal consent of the person they are going to have sex with isnt it classed as rape?? :searchme:

*vcl*
14-03-2006, 11:14
I can understand that when its someone new youve met and you have a lot to drink then yes they should get verbal consent,

But if it is some one you have been with for a while I dont think you need to, cant say that i have ever actually said yes i want sex you just know, dont you?

Ive put no but im sort of half and half depends what the circumstances are!

Jojo
14-03-2006, 11:22
I can understand that when its someone new youve met and you have a lot to drink then yes they should get verbal consent,

But if it is some one you have been with for a while I dont think you need to, cant say that i have ever actually said yes i want sex you just know, dont you?

Ive put no but im sort of half and half depends what the circumstances are!I agree VCL....I don't think I have ever said, yes, lets go or what ever....if a firm no is used, and it carries on regardless, then yes that is rape, (or if any other circumstances where the female is completely blotto and hasn't a clue about what is happening, that could be classed the same) but if it were the case that you had to say yes verbally and aloud before copulating (cor thats a good word :D ) then my hubby would have prosecuted many times.....it very depends on the circumstances surrounding the situation and on the individuals involved...that is my opinion anyway..

Tori
14-03-2006, 17:10
yes, becuase anything else is rape, and it should reduce the number of rapes becuase women have to consent, and if they don;t then men have to assume its a no. however, males accused of rapes will still say they said yes, so how will it help?

Katy
14-03-2006, 17:12
i think yes for the mans sake, because otherwise she could make up rape. I think its always best to no that they both want it.

pookie1968uk
14-03-2006, 17:55
if things are going to improve then things have got to change. if it means a man having to ask for consent first to make sure then so what, if it reduces rape and assaults then surely its not too much to expect.

Abbie
17-02-2007, 18:44
Well yes cos then otherwise it is classed as Rape.

alan45
17-02-2007, 22:17
OMG it shows what happens is this sad world we now live in.

Whatever happened to spontaneaous Lovemaking. Kissing cuddling, getting aroused loving each other copulating (good word JoJo better than shagging)
and ORGASMS all round. Waking up beside same person and thinking GOD I DO LOVE YOU

Maybe Im just a simple male

Abbie
17-02-2007, 22:27
Well when you put it like that, its fine, I dunno I think its just the kind of world we live in now, when rape is happening quite alot, I mean you always hear it on the news, even if it hasnt gone properly to court or aything, they might find a dead body and then say that the shows signs that they were raped.
I dont Know.

Jojo
17-02-2007, 22:27
I think it proves the suing culture we are moving into really doesn't it Alan.

Sad how two people who have mutual affection for each other have to say to ensure they hear the word yes before taking anything further in this day and age.

If you are a simple male Alan - I must of the same of the female variety.

alan45
17-02-2007, 22:32
I must get a load of forms beside the bed, bath, sink, stairs, washing machine, garden for my wife to sign

I .................. being of sound mind in love with my husband who shall heinafter be called the fornicator do hereby give my consent for him to
a. Make mad passionate Love to me until Im satisfied

b. ******* my brains out

c, Just hug me and cuddle me and tell me how much he loves me

Signed The wife/lover

Abbie
17-02-2007, 22:33
Then again I woudlnt know about any of this stuff as Im only 15.

Jojo
17-02-2007, 22:37
I must get a load of forms beside the bed, bath, sink, stairs, washing machine, garden for my wife to sign

I .................. being of sound mind in love with my husband who shall heinafter be called the fornicator do hereby give my consent for him to

b. ******* my brains out

Signed The wife/lover

Can I use your template and get my lovely hubby to sign it.....:D :D

I might put an extra request on there though that he isn't allowed to work any more hours than 7am till 6pm M-F and 9-12 Saturday mornings and Sunday is definitely not allowed!

Oh but I definitely want to embolden the part about making mad passionate love to me until I'm satisfied :D :D

alan45
17-02-2007, 22:38
And a good wee girl too. Sory if its getting a wee bit over 18 No Offence meant:)

Jojo
17-02-2007, 22:39
And a good wee girl too. Sory if its getting a wee bit over 18 No Offence meant:)

Unlike us naughty naughty adults you mean Alan :rotfl: :D

alan45
17-02-2007, 22:42

b. ******* my brains out

Signed The wife/lover

I might put an extra request on there though that he isn't allowed to work any more hours than 7am till 6pm M-F and 9-12 Saturday mornings and Sunday is definitely not allowed!

Oh but I definitely want to embolden the part about making mad passionate love to me until I'm satisfied :D :D
Ah a lady after my own heart. Unless Chuch is on the Menu Sunday should be spent in bed till lunchtime, pub for Sunday Lunch and read papers. Home bottle of wine and back to what was ngoing on Sunday morning. Makes a great start to a week:heart: :love:

alan45
17-02-2007, 22:44

Unlike us naughty naughty adults you mean Alan :rotfl: :DOr even us happily married ones

Yes apparently Happy and married can be used in the one sentence despite what Tony Bliar says

Jojo
17-02-2007, 22:45

Ah a lady after my own heart. Unless Chuch is on the Menu Sunday should be spent in bed till lunchtime, pub for Sunday Lunch and read papers. Home bottle of wine and back to what was ngoing on Sunday morning. Makes a great start to a week:heart: :love:

Lady?? *looks around* Long time since I've been called that Alan :rotfl:

But I am a firm believer of Sunday being a family day, nice long lie in first thing, no rushing around, just being happy in each others company.

alan45
17-02-2007, 22:50

Lady?? *looks around* Long time since I've been called that Alan :rotfl:

But I am a firm believer of Sunday being a family day, nice long lie in first thing, no rushing around, just being happy in each others company.Well Im lucky in one way My Family are grown up although because my Mum is dead my sister and I take turns at haveing my dad out for lunch on a Sunday. But every second Sunday is ours and ours alone. My sister is very good though if we are entertaining on Saturday then she will let us have Sunday to ourselves and look after father

Jojo
17-02-2007, 22:54
Yeah, having a 13yr old, a (nearly) 5yr old and a 14 month old bouncing on the bed in the morning, kind of puts you off a bit lol (although they are being trained to lay in for this week being half term :D)

Sundays for me are either hubby working or hubby at home, although the majority is him working.

Anyway, back to sex and permission..........

alan45
17-02-2007, 22:59
Yeah, having a 13yr old, a (nearly) 5yr old and a 14 month old bouncing on the bed in the morning, kind of puts you off a bit lol
Have you tried Mogadon or just locking the bedroom door and biting a pillow

Chloe O'brien
17-02-2007, 23:00
If a guy or a girl is out and ends up being drunk and they end up being maulled outside a pub then yes I supposed that men should ask the girl consent. But if you're in a relationship then I think both sexes are able to know if there partner is willing or not.

Abigail
17-02-2007, 23:04
To be honest, consent is already given if you're in a relationship.
Different matter if you go out on the tiles and pick a bloke/lass up.

Jojo
17-02-2007, 23:05
Yeah, having a 13yr old, a (nearly) 5yr old and a 14 month old bouncing on the bed in the morning, kind of puts you off a bit lol
Have you tried Mogadon or just locking the bedroom door and biting a pillow

No but the locks on their doors and tv's in their rooms work great!! :rotfl:

Joking about the locks on their doors by the way.

Jojo
17-02-2007, 23:06

Sorry JB but in some respect would have to disagree.....if you are in an abusive relationship or even if you have told your partner that you don't want it and they then force it on you - that is still rape.

alan45
17-02-2007, 23:10

Sorry JB but in some respect would have to disagree.....if you are in an abusive relationship or even if you have told your partner that you don't want it and they then force it on you - that is still rape.Being serious for a minute. If my wife says NO i agree. Might not be a happy puppy at the the time but if she says NO she has a reason and later on that day I usually understand the reason

Abigail
17-02-2007, 23:14

Sorry JB but in some respect would have to disagree.....if you are in an abusive relationship or even if you have told your partner that you don't want it and they then force it on you - that is still rape.

Didn't think about that aspect and abusive relationships. I was thinking generally.
But yeah, you're totally right.

Abigail
17-02-2007, 23:19

Sorry JB but in some respect would have to disagree.....if you are in an abusive relationship or even if you have told your partner that you don't want it and they then force it on you - that is still rape.Being serious for a minute. If my wife says NO i agree. Might not be a happy puppy at the the time but if she says NO she has a reason and later on that day I usually understand the reason

I think what I was trying to say was, every time you want a bit and you're in a relationship you don't necessarily need to verbally ask permission. If that makes sense?
But if you went out and picked up a lass/bloke and you went back to yours/theirs then you should ask permisson.

I think that's what I was trying to get at.

alan45
17-02-2007, 23:23

I think what I was trying to say was, every time you want a bit and you're in a relationship you don't necessarily need to verbally ask permission. If that makes sense?
But if you went out and picked up a lass/bloke and you went back to yours/theirs then you should ask permisson.But in the midst of passion that must be the hardest thing to say Can I ******* you or Please ******* me now

Chloe O'brien
17-02-2007, 23:28
Any they answer back "Go on then but remember to put me nighty down when you've finished" :rotfl: :rotfl:

Abigail
17-02-2007, 23:29

But if you went out and picked up a lass/bloke and you went back to yours/theirs then you should ask permisson.But in the midst of passion that must be the hardest thing to say Can I ******* you or Please ******* me now

Fair point.

I know this is about men asking consent but does it matter much if its the woman who's asking? What I mean is, if a man didn't ask, or did but carried on regardless of what the woman wanted, then would people see it as more serious or "believable" than if it was the woman who was accused of rape? More people are likely to believe that a woman has been raped than a man.
Do you get my drift?

alan45
17-02-2007, 23:40

Fair point.

I know this is about men asking consent but does it matter much if its the woman who's asking? What I mean is, if a man didn't ask, or did but carried on regardless of what the woman wanted, then would people see it as more serious or "believable" than if it was the woman who was accused of rape? More people are likely to believe that a woman has been raped than a man.
Do you get my drift?I see your point but if a couple meet up get aroused fondle each other surely the woman should say you can do x,y but not z.

I may be just a simple man but I have got to the stage where a woman say Thats far enough and yes Ive stopped. Its hard but not impossible