PDA

View Full Version : Text Wrapping

the_watts_rule
13-03-2006, 19:50
I have to write a newspaper article for school and it says to include at least one graphic, wrapping text around it.
Does this mean that i have to insert an image in between the text or is it something else? :hmm:

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2006, 19:52
Well I'm not sure but if you type in google, 'Text Wrapping Example' or something along them lines, it will be sure to tell you how to do it or/and how it will look like!! x

Abi
13-03-2006, 19:59
If you're doing it in word, then its simple. Publisher would be easy too, i'd imagine.

Type your article out, and put it into columns or whatever. Then paste or import your picture into the document. On word, you get that little bar come up with each picture, and on that, theres a little picture of a dog. Click on that, and then click on "square". Then move your picture to wherever you want it to be, and the text will "wrap" itself around the picture.

hope this helps, and if something doesn't make sense, then i can make a screenshot for you to make it easier to understand, if you want x

the_watts_rule
13-03-2006, 20:08
Thanks Abi. :) I have to go now but I when I finish my aticle tomorrow, I'l try that and see how i get on.

Thanks Spicy aswell :)

the_watts_rule
20-03-2006, 19:00
Sorry, I have just remembered about my article.I have managed up to the square part but it won't let me click on it. Am i doing something wrong?

EDIT. I have managed to get it to square but it keep going behind the text and you can't see it. I have the writing in text boxes instead of columns. I will try and put it into columns.

Abi
20-03-2006, 19:08
If you have it in Text boxes, then with the text boxes, do the same thing to make it square but click "Behind text" instead. Then it should work.

the_watts_rule
20-03-2006, 19:09
If you have it in Text boxes, then with the text boxes, do the same thing to make it square but click "Behind text" instead. Then it should work.

Ok thanks. I will try that. What will I look like, so I have some idea if I get it right? :)

Abi
20-03-2006, 19:11
Ok thanks. I will try that. What will I look like, so I have some idea if I get it right? :)

The picture should appear over the top of the text, and then square from there. You said that it was disappearing behind the text box- well that will stop it, and hopefully wrap it at the same time.

The only other thing to do, if it doesn't work, is to put it into columns- then the wrapping thing will definetly work :)

the_watts_rule
20-03-2006, 19:14
The picture should appear over the top of the text, and then square from there. You said that it was disappearing behind the text box- well that will stop it, and hopefully wrap it at the same time.

The only other thing to do, if it doesn't work, is to put it into columns- then the wrapping thing will definetly work :)

The picture is going behind. I tried to insert columns but it won't let me. Il will try again.

the_watts_rule
20-03-2006, 19:19
I have got the columns eventually, now to try and get the text wrapping.

the_watts_rule
20-03-2006, 19:24
I think I've managed it. The writing is now over the picture. Is that right?

Abi
20-03-2006, 19:26
If you want the text wrapped, then no. What you need to do is;
1) Click on the picture
2) Click "square"
3) Move it to where you want it

Do those 3 things, and it will work.

the_watts_rule
20-03-2006, 19:30
Ah! Now the picture should be in the middle with the text around it?

Abi
20-03-2006, 19:35
Ah! Now the picture should be in the middle with the text around it?

Yeah, exactly. Wrapping basically means moving the picture, so that the text goes neatly around it, so if thats what you've got, then you've done it right :)

the_watts_rule
20-03-2006, 19:37
Yeah, exactly. Wrapping basically means moving the picture, so that the text goes neatly around it, so if thats what you've got, then you've done it right :)

That's what I've got. Thanks alot Abi, you were a great help! :thumbsup: :cheer: