PDA

View Full Version : Do you (or your kids) feel safe at school?

di marco
12-03-2006, 16:22
i was watching the news the other day and it said that some kids are buying stabproof vests to wear to school cos they are scared off getting stabbed, so from seeing this and cos of an incident that happened outside my school this week i was wondering, do you feel safe at school/going to school? or for the members that have children, do you feel that your child is safe going to school?

Tori
12-03-2006, 16:27
in crushes i haven't felt safe ever since my sister was stabbed in one. i feel safe anywhere else in school though

Cornishbabe
12-03-2006, 16:28
I never used to feel safe at school. I never went anywhere on my own until i was in year 11.And the toilets were a no go area. I didnt worry about being stabbed though

shannisrules
12-03-2006, 16:34
i feel safe at school though there are some areas that i dont like to go on my own like behind the bike sheds or behind bulidings due to smokers and bullies but i dont think at my school we've ever had something as seriuos as someone being stabbed

Tori
12-03-2006, 16:42
i used to feel fine beofre then and it was only earlier this year, places were generally safe but its the boys that do the bad stuff

samantha nixon
12-03-2006, 16:43
i feel safe at my school but im never realy on my own as we all hang out together anyway

Cornishbabe
12-03-2006, 16:45
i used to feel fine beofre then and it was only earlier this year, places were generally safe but its the boys that do the bad stuff

In our school it was always the girls that were way worse than the boys.

Tori
12-03-2006, 16:51
the boys are more violent and self concious- they do it if they think its funny but girls are bitchier

lollymay
12-03-2006, 17:01
a boy was stabbed at my school just last week and it really scared me really

di marco
12-03-2006, 17:03
In our school it was always the girls that were way worse than the boys.

i find that as well, well maybe they arent worse but ive found that the boys dont pick on the girls so even if they fight with each other im not in danger, its the girls though that are sometimes really awful

shannisrules
12-03-2006, 17:11
a boy was stabbed at my school just last week and it really scared me really

awww i hope he's alright where do all you guys live!...bradford lol the worst thing thats ever happenedin my school when iv been in it was when an agressive pupil threw a chair at a teacher

lollymay
12-03-2006, 17:15
hes alright he got punched and the person that punched him had a compass between his knuckles.

pookie1968uk
12-03-2006, 18:17
my daughter started high school in september and i worry about her safety quite a bit. i dont let her know but im always worried she will get bullied. she is no angel but some of the kids she tells me about are horrendous. how these kids have turned into monsters by the time they are 11 and 12 is beyond me!

di marco
12-03-2006, 20:26
my daughter started high school in september and i worry about her safety quite a bit. i dont let her know but im always worried she will get bullied. she is no angel but some of the kids she tells me about are horrendous. how these kids have turned into monsters by the time they are 11 and 12 is beyond me!

i know, my mum says she cant believe how awful the kids are she works with and she works in yr4 so the kids are 8 and 9 years old. one kid is really bad, you know you have fire drills, well the class shes in have to have things like that when she starts off again cos she throws books and chairs around and its dangerous to be in the classroom, so the lesson is interrupted while the other kids leave the classroom. but one time one little boy didnt get out in time and this girl took him hostage, she was holding him round the throat and told the teacher that if he got any nearer to her then she would strangle the little boy! and this girls only 8 or 9! imagine what shes going to be like in a few years time!

shannisrules
12-03-2006, 20:31
oh god that sounds terrible di marco i thought you ment the girl was playing a game until i read further on i think its due to bad parenting

di marco
12-03-2006, 20:35
oh god that sounds terrible di marco i thought you ment the girl was playing a game until i read further on i think its due to bad parenting

the thing is the school cant expell her cos of the government regulations and stuff about expelling children, it makes it really hard for schools to get rid of children like her. shes been suspended numerous times and each time my mum hopes shes gone for good but each time she comes back!

the_watts_rule
12-03-2006, 20:36
i know, my mum says she cant believe how awful the kids are she works with and she works in yr4 so the kids are 8 and 9 years old. one kid is really bad, you know you have fire drills, well the class shes in have to have things like that when she starts off again cos she throws books and chairs around and its dangerous to be in the classroom, so the lesson is interrupted while the other kids leave the classroom. but one time one little boy didnt get out in time and this girl took him hostage, she was holding him round the throat and told the teacher that if he got any nearer to her then she would strangle the little boy! and this girls only 8 or 9! imagine what shes going to be like in a few years time!

That sounds awfull. That is pretty violent for a girl about 8 or 9.

nicole28
12-03-2006, 20:43
No, I am not really that scared. That must be because nothing like that has ever really happened near where I live!

Katy
13-03-2006, 17:26
im not scared in college or school but i dont really like walking there. Its really pathetic. There was fights and stuff at school but that happens everywhere.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2006, 20:00
I don't feel strongly worried about going to school.. Im just worried about getting mugged but that's it really.. nothing that bad happens at our school..

leanne27
13-03-2006, 20:03
im a teacher in a secondary school i totally agree boys seem to have the odd scrape but only today i had to sort out a bunch of girls who had been bullying and bitchign about one another over msn, its ridiculas LOL luckily we have nothing as serious as knives been brought into school, mainly just the odd bullying scenario.

feelingyellow
15-03-2006, 00:16
I know there's quite a bit of bullying in our school, but nothing as serious as getting stabbed luckily - well that I know of. The school is getting better (though I can't help but to complain lol :p) because they're finally doing stuff to try and stop bullying.

Pixie
15-03-2006, 00:39
when I was at school I did worry about getting bullied but nothing quite as bad as getting stabbed - granted there was a stabbing at one of our sicth form parties but that involved people i'm not friends with and wasn'ttechnically at school

alkalinetrio
15-03-2006, 00:39
i use to always feel safe in school but then again i knew all the bigger lot so didnt get much trouble of people!

Katy
15-03-2006, 08:03
i was like that too alkalinetrio. alot of my friends were the ones getting in trouble so they always stuck up for me, we all got a long as a big group the whole form so no one ever touched us.

dddMac1
15-03-2006, 15:05
when i was in school i never felt safe

Siobhan
15-03-2006, 15:09
the thing is the school cant expell her cos of the government regulations and stuff about expelling children, it makes it really hard for schools to get rid of children like her. shes been suspended numerous times and each time my mum hopes shes gone for good but each time she comes back!

that is so scary, my friend is a primary school teacher and some of the stories she tells me would scare me, let alone children. There was on kid who everyday came in to the class and would take down another kids picture. Every day the same picture was taken down by the boy. When he was asked why he did this, he answered that his head tells him that the other kid is evil... You can't always blame it on parents

Tori
15-03-2006, 17:05
i agree about the exclusion policy- it goes down on the school record of how many pupils have been expelled, and school don't want to have a bad record, so they have to keep the pupils. it also means that the school has to have pupils from other schools where that pupil was expelled, so they will become disruptive somewhere else.

near me there is a centre for disruptive children, but once they are well behaved they go back into a mainstream school, meaning that they can be well behaved in the centre and then just go back to school and misbehave again.

annaz
16-03-2006, 20:47
I felt perfectly fine in Primary School and I'm not afriad at Secondary school. Sure, some of the boys kick balls at you and snowballs and stuff like that but nothing like being stabbed or attacked.

Kim
19-03-2006, 09:40
I don't feel safe at school - the anti bullying policy has done nothing for me in the two and a half years that I have been at the school, only putting one girl in isolation after picking on me non-stop for a year and a half and not before she had picked on two other girls. It seems like a for bullying policy to me as I get picked on every day and they do nothing but speak to the people responsible, which never does any good. They're forever telling me to write each incident down so that it can be taken to the head of year - but he's never told me he's heard about it or anything so I think they use them to decorate their offices with or something as there have been so many of them.