PDA

View Full Version : Wayne's World Of Cash: £8m In Deals

crazygirl
10-03-2006, 17:03
England footballer Wayne Rooney has signed the biggest ever sports book deal - £5m for five volumes about his life. And as if that wasn't enough, the soccer ace is also about to pocket £3m for advertising Asda with his girlfriend Coleen McLoughlin. The 20-year-old Manchester United striker and his fiancee will star in ads for the supermarket, according to The Sun.

They agreed the deal hot on the heals of the announcement that he has a 12-year contract with the HarperCollins publishing house.

The first volume, due to hit the shelves in July, will be an autobiography of his life so far, including this year's World Cup.

It is not known if the book will skim over claims he had sex with a 48-year-old prostitute.

Rooney said: "I've been playing football now for just under four years and I think it will be good for people to see the other side of me and hear things from me for once."

England captain David Beckham currently holds the record for the UK's best-selling sporting autobiography, with sales of over 500,000 copies of My Side.

Rooney said he is a keen reader, with JK Rowling's Harry Potter books never far from his bedside table.

Asked what girlfriend Coleen McLoughlin has on her bedside table, he replied: "The phone."

McLoughlin, 19, is understood to have signed a book deal of her own to write about fashion and lifestyle.

Katy
11-03-2006, 14:06
why should people like him get so much money. Its so unfair the guys thick. He is a keen reader, i doubt he has read a book in his life.

alan45
11-03-2006, 14:45
Autobiography at 20 yrs of age :rolleyes:

crazygirl
11-03-2006, 16:41
[QUOTE=alan45]Autobiography at 20 yrs of age :rolleyes:[/QUOTE) yes its a bit odd! and his first book has to be out at the end of the world cup! so i dont know where he is going to find the time :searchme:

Katy
11-03-2006, 21:33
its so stupid, hes 20 and only played for 2 clubs.

Hardly a rivoting read. I cant say ill be rushing out to buy it when it hits the shelves.

Id hate to be the person that has to do the spell check.

Meh
11-03-2006, 23:37
The first book will probably just about cover his relationships with women at massage parlours!

Id hate to be the person that has to do the spell check.

He won't write it. It'll be a ghost writer

crazygirl
13-03-2006, 14:45
i dont think the book's are going to do very well

Cornishbabe
13-03-2006, 14:53
England footballer Wayne Rooney has signed the biggest ever sports book deal - £5m for five volumes about his life. And as if that wasn't enough, the soccer ace is also about to pocket £3m for advertising Asda with his girlfriend Coleen McLoughlin. The 20-year-old Manchester United striker and his fiancee will star in ads for the supermarket, according to The Sun.

That is one series of books I wont be buying. Hes only 20 how much can he write in 5 books?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2006, 19:27
I read somewhere it was £5m...now it's £8m :eek: Oh god.. I won't be buying it though lol!!

$sTaCeY$
13-03-2006, 19:33
I read somewhere it was £5m...now it's £8m :eek: Oh god.. I won't be buying it though lol!!

it is still £5m hes gettting for the book, the other £3m is from asda for advertising them

Katy
13-03-2006, 19:53
im still laughing at the fact hes going to go ahead with writing them.

im ean its not like hes fit and girls will buy them because of that.

Maybe the first chapter could be about how on earth he managed to miss that goal on sunday when he had an open net. then i might buy it,.