PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Home

hazey
08-03-2006, 23:12
Tomorrow the Ideal Home Exhibiton open at Earls court. So will you be going ?

I go every year with my sister and spend most of the time looking at the stalls upstairs and trying out all the free samples of youghat, or alcohalic drinks, by the time we are finished we don't need to buy any drink :rotfl:

Daisyduck
08-03-2006, 23:14

I go every year with my sister and spend most of the time looking at the stalls upstairs and trying out all the free samples of youghat, or alcohalic drinks, by the time we are finished we don't need to buy any drink :rotfl: Ya cant wait hoping to go monday :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

hazey
09-03-2006, 16:42
I take it as no one has reply,its only my sister and I that are going to the ideal home exhibition this year then :rotfl:

Meh
09-03-2006, 16:44
I take it as no one has reply,its only my sister and I that are going to the ideal home exhibition this year then :rotfl:

To tell the truth, I've never heard of it?

hazey
09-03-2006, 16:49
To tell the truth, I've never heard of it? The Daily mail Ideal home Exhibiton is held every year at Earls court London. It is full of furniture, bathroom suites,and garden designs, and Ideas for the home,and upstairs there are all the new household gadgets and anything that is coming onto the shops in the next year, and everything is sold at a special exhibition price. Well worth a visit.

Abi
09-03-2006, 19:48
I'm going to that, hopefully on the last weekend- double samples then :rotfl:

Its a really good show, i'd recommend it to anyone. The gadgets are great, and you ge good discounts on all sorts of things. If your redocorating, then it will be heaven to you.

feelingyellow
09-03-2006, 20:35
It sounds really good, though I'd probably have to go with my parents and days out with them don't go to well... so nope not this year! Maybe when I'm a bit older, lol :)

samantha nixon
10-03-2006, 20:56
my mum and dad went last year and are going again tomorrow but im not, as i think id get bored but maybe one year ill go

Cornishbabe
10-03-2006, 20:59
Ive never heard of it, but living in cornwall i dont know about much.I like the idea of free samples though. Have fun there

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2006, 20:05
Never heard of it, free samples sounds good though :rotfl:

Abi
13-03-2006, 20:08

I go every year with my sister and spend most of the time looking at the stalls upstairs and trying out all the free samples of youghat, or alcohalic drinks, by the time we are finished we don't need to buy any drink :rotfl:

Ya cant wait hoping to go monday :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Did you two make it there today? What did you think?

I'm definetly going there, but as i said, it'll probably be on the last weekend. Is there anything i should specifically go and look at, like the demonstrations?

hazey
14-03-2006, 00:04
Did you two make it there today? What did you think?

I'm definetly going there, but as i said, it'll probably be on the last weekend. Is there anything i should specifically go and look at, like the demonstrations? I have been to the show for years,I was very disappointed this year, only a large waterfall,no big show houses, and the free food was only cheese and sausages, the drink you only got the smallest amount and they we very pushy for you to buy.I really think that the internet shopping has effected the show. It was so quite hardly any one there ?. My sister knew a guy on the tempur stand and he said it is the quitest he has know it in years,and by 4pm today he had not sold one matresses,and only sold 3 pillows,so had made hardly any commision. The comfort zone was quiet good.They show you makeup techneics. lots of free massages.was alot of demos but mainly knives and cooking items. only brought a couple of things some cleaner for the oven,which I had brought before,and a car washing system,that lets you wash your car without having to use a hose,which I am pleased with.(as it looks like a hose pipe ban will happen ) I enjoyed my day but very disappointed in all. If you are a smoker be warned its a no smoking event.

hazey
14-03-2006, 13:41
Another thing about the show, I had a problem with the scratch card sellers, they were selling them for Anthony Nolan appeal, yes a good cause,but I was asked at least 25 times if I wanted to buy one, on the 26 time I said no, and I was told by a 17 year old that,I should have said no thank you, I went mad how dare she tell me what to say, and after such a disappointing day that really was the final straw,so to speak.Lets just say,by the time I had finished with her,she wished she hadn't spoken to me.

Abi
14-03-2006, 16:46
Well i'm definetly going on the last day of the show, so i'm hoping they'll be more willing to giev me freebies and discounts :D

They've got rid of all the houses? You're having a laugh! Thats the best part of it!! Last year they had that cave house, that was so great to see how they adapted the decor.

Ah well, i'll tell you what i thought once i've gone :D

hazey
14-03-2006, 19:19
Well i'm definetly going on the last day of the show, so i'm hoping they'll be more willing to giev me freebies and discounts :D

They've got rid of all the houses? You're having a laugh! Thats the best part of it!! Last year they had that cave house, that was so great to see how they adapted the decor.

Ah well, i'll tell you what i thought once i've gone :D They have a small bit in the waterfall,which you can go in, and a couple of small chalets but you dont go in them ones, so all in all not that good.

Daisyduck
14-03-2006, 23:27
They have a small bit in the waterfall,which you can go in, and a couple of small chalets but you dont go in them ones, so all in all not that good. Well what a waste of time the ideal home was no freebies and lots of rude salesman i was very dissapointed. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

samantha nixon
15-03-2006, 19:07
my mum and dad got quite a few freebies dd

Abi
02-04-2006, 21:11
Well i went today- it was the last day of the show. I got a lot more freebies then what i expected, although that was probably down to it being the last day. I got given loads of these samples of Cream Vodka, which was fine by me, but not so fine by my mother who didn't get any, even though she's nearly 50, and i'm 15!! :rotfl: I loved the new inventions bit, especially that chair thing, that stored a chair inside it and everything (apparently it was on the This Morning show at some point too). I didn't get hassled by many charity workers though- only one when we were queuing for one of the houses, so that wasn't so bad.

Overall, it wasn't as good as last years, but it was still a decent day out, and the freebies went down well!! :lol:

hazey
02-04-2006, 23:25
I am glad you had a good time, as you say the freebies must have been flowing due to it being the last day,they certainly weren't so good when I went. I wrote to the show orginisor and I was told that all the usual stall that gave frebbies eg youghats and ice cream,and chips etc.decided not to go this year,they agreed that the show was not as busy this year and have sent me a credit for two tickets next years show.

Abi
02-04-2006, 23:32
Nescafe didn't even go this year, did they?! Nor did Orangina...

For us though, it started off good, because i ended up being free, as i'm under 16 (just!), so the day started good, by saving £15 entrance ticket. I guess that put us in a good mood anyway, seeing as we expected to have to pay £30 for the both of us.

Did you pick up the free bag of goodies you got with the souvineer brocher? That has some decent stuff in it...

hazey
03-04-2006, 13:27
Did you pick up the free bag of goodies you got with the souvineer brocher? That has some decent stuff in it... No they didn't have any when we went, they had given them all away on the day before. Sounds like the last day is the best time to go then. So next year,as I am getting in free,I will go on the last day :rotfl:

Abi
03-04-2006, 14:18
Did you pick up the free bag of goodies you got with the souvineer brocher? That has some decent stuff in it... No they didn't have any when we went, they had given them all away on the day before. Sounds like the last day is the best time to go then. So next year,as I am getting in free,I will go on the last day :rotfl:

Apparently Mothers Day is also a good day to go, though i think most people have better things to do :rotfl: Its empty apprently!