Picture - Crash
Director - Ang Lee
Actor - Philip Seymour Hoffman
Actress - Reese Witherspoon
Supporting Actor - George Clooney
Supporting Actress - Rachel Weisz
Adapted Screenplay - Brokeback Mountain
Original Screenplay - Crash

I would have liked Joaquin Phoenix to win best actor. I'm glad Crash won best picture i think this was the surprise of the night.

Angeltigger
06-03-2006, 10:52
Sound like it was fun! not heard many of them!

Em
06-03-2006, 11:22
Im glad Reese won best actress - the only other I think would have been Felicity Huffman.

Good on Racheal Weiss and the wallace and gromit lads!!

CrazyLea
06-03-2006, 13:51
what catagory was keira knightley in as i wanted her to win something. not that i've seen pride and prejudice, but i think shes a good actress anyway..
glad reese won something though!

tammyy2j
06-03-2006, 14:00
what catagory was keira knightley in as i wanted her to win something. not that i've seen pride and prejudice, but i think shes a good actress anyway..
glad reese won something though!

Keira was nominated for Best Actress but lost out to Reese Witherspoon.

CrazyLea
06-03-2006, 14:04
oh right, aw well i think reese is a slightly better actress than keira anyway so thats good lol

tammyy2j
06-03-2006, 17:14
oh right, aw well i think reese is a slightly better actress than keira anyway so thats good lol

Yes Reese deserved her award and her only real competition was Felicity Huffman.

hazey
06-03-2006, 23:28
The best animated feature film........Wallace and Gromit the curse of the Were Rabbit. this is thier fourth oscar. Well done Nick Parks

tammyy2j
07-03-2006, 11:43
The best animated feature film........Wallace and Gromit the curse of the Were Rabbit. this is thier fourth oscar. Well done Nick Parks

Did you see them with the bow ties for the oscar statuttes it was very funny.

Meh
07-03-2006, 14:20

Its nice to see British success.

Apparently he wrote a begging letter to Peter Sallis asking him to do the voice over and to pay £150 to a charity of Peter's choice.

hazey
07-03-2006, 18:28
Did you see them with the bow ties for the oscar statuttes it was very funny. it was very funny,I am so pleased for nick and his team,they deserve some happiness after the fire, that distroyed all his stock.I think Peter's voice is such a good match for wallace.

Jessie Wallace
08-03-2006, 13:14
I like Reece, but would have prefered Kera to win that award, very happy about both of Crash's awards great film. And then of course Nick Parks, with Wallace and Grommit, love the outfit Nick!!

Johnny Allen
08-03-2006, 14:48
Im glad Reese won it, Knightely is young and in all fairness still learning, her performance was solid in Pride and Prejudice but not outstanding like Reese Witherspoon's.

Chloe-Elise
12-03-2006, 11:53
I'm so glad Reese got Best Actress, she thoroughly deserved it. I would rather Joaquin Phoenix got Best Actor though.

tammyy2j
14-03-2006, 14:43
I'm so glad Reese got Best Actress, she thoroughly deserved it. I would rather Joaquin Phoenix got Best Actor though.

Totally agree about Joaquin he was so deserving

Johnny Allen
16-03-2006, 09:03
mind you Philip Seymour Hoffman is a wonderful actor.