PDA

View Full Version : phobias

leanne27
05-03-2006, 19:17
I didnt know where else i could put this but i know that some phobias can take over peoples lives like (cameran's OCD in hollyoaks) so that could come under health i guess. Well i thought we could all say what are phobias are and see if people know any cures for them.

My BIGGEST phobia is rats, i once had a panick attack cause i saw one on tv (I'm that bad) i often have nightmares of them, its awful.

Im also clastrophobic so its a right pain when i cant get in lifts and things.

And the one im most embarrassed about is... wait for it... seals! (how weired) i have a fear of the sea too so it probably comes from that, stranger thing though is that im only scared of them in the water- like when you don't know where they are LOL

Chloe-Elise
05-03-2006, 19:24
This might sound really weird, but my phobia is birds, especially seagulls! They absolutely petrify me, and living near the coast does not help. I also really don't like eyes, I hate people touching my eye and eyes in general really freak me out! I sound really weird now don't I? :p

leanne27
05-03-2006, 19:31
glad you dont have contacts then like me LOL

Chris_2k11
05-03-2006, 19:33
Definitely Snakes :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cornishbabe
05-03-2006, 19:38
I absolutly hate heights. and spiders but ehights mroe. Last summer I was teaching a group of kids o climb and I ended up up the wall and froze! It was soo embarrising. Not great when im doing outdoor education at uni

Tori
05-03-2006, 19:47
i have a phobia of cassette tape, those birthday balloons with helium and seaweed. and they are all really really bad aswell!

lollymay
05-03-2006, 20:01
ok then i have a phobia of clowns i hate them i really do

Tori
05-03-2006, 20:11
i'll come and visit you lollymay! (i used to be a part time clown)

Chris_2k11
05-03-2006, 20:15
Clowns are weird. I don't know how anyone can find them funny, they're scary if you ask me! :ninja: :p

leanne27
05-03-2006, 20:43
how do you find them scary? im not having a go just wondering as my dad was also scared of them

Kim
05-03-2006, 20:45
My main phobias are heights and deep water since this girl tried to drown me at my friends' birthday party.

Chris_2k11
05-03-2006, 20:48
how do you find them scary? im not having a go just wondering as my dad was also scared of themMainly their bright white faces and all the make-up. Im not scared of them now obviously but when I was younger I couldn't stand them! lol! :o

leanne27
06-03-2006, 18:00
ah ok, what the girl actually tried to drown you???

Tori
06-03-2006, 18:41
Mainly their bright white faces and all the make-up. Im not scared of them now obviously but when I was younger I couldn't stand them! lol! :o

not all clowns have white faces and stuff... we don;t have white faces. i just exaggerate my lips with red, have a spot on the end of my nose and black eyes....

Emma-Lou
06-03-2006, 18:58
When i was younger i had a phobia of clowns and people in costume which did cause a problem at birthday party's where i would end up crying when someone in costume came out now my phobia is jenny-long legs.

$sTaCeY$
06-03-2006, 20:08
my phobia is spiders seems wierd lol i always get my dad to remove the big hairy spiders apart from one i killed last night with my sisters beach spade lol
I do have a phobia of heights aswell i remember when i was at primary school years ago we was having a school photo took we was outside on a stage that rises in stairs that all of the class stands on in rows of stairs i was on the top row only about 7ft high i came off it all white and i felt sick (i dont know why i was like that though normally i just go really scared :o )

leanne27
06-03-2006, 20:32
im not really scared of heights but im scared of flying aswell which i forgot to mentione before, i hate it i wont go anywhere abroad flying, which ruins things for my family and friends

hazey
06-03-2006, 22:56
This might sound really weird, but my phobia is birds, especially seagulls! They absolutely petrify me, and living near the coast does not help. I also really don't like eyes, I hate people touching my eye and eyes in general really freak me out! I sound really weird now don't I? :p At last I have found someone with the same phobia, I really dont like eyes at all, years ago I saw some one get shot in the eye with a arrow and I have had the phobia ever since. I can look at peoples eyes,but if they have a injury or thier eyes are red or blood shot it makes me feel sick.

tasha_hopkins
06-03-2006, 23:23
i hate clowns too, since i seen the film I.T scared the crap out of me and i never liked them since. i hate spiders petrified of them give a snake anyday but a spider i will run a mile. when i was younger i used to hate the dark i used to think monsters would get me lol luckily i have grown out of that now lol. and im really scared of sheep which is weird but they really freak me out, it doesn't help that i live in wales they are everywhere lol. i will try to think of some more.

Siobhan
07-03-2006, 11:46
At last I have found someone with the same phobia, I really dont like eyes at all, years ago I saw some one get shot in the eye with a arrow and I have had the phobia ever since. I can look at peoples eyes,but if they have a injury or thier eyes are red or blood shot it makes me feel sick.

Oh I am the same, anything eye related freaks me out, that is why I don't wear contacts.
My daughter is terrified of Ducks. I have no clue why but she runs a mile if the ducks come out of the water when she is feeding them

I know loads of people with clown phobias

lollymay
07-03-2006, 11:55
i dunno what it is but they really scare me, it might just be all the make up and false smiles some of them have

willow
07-03-2006, 15:00
bananas!!!!

the look the smell eeewww!!!!!
i really hate them!!! my sister is the same

leanne27
07-03-2006, 17:05
my mum's got a weired fear- of toilet cisterns LOL

Chloe-Elise
07-03-2006, 19:15
At last I have found someone with the same phobia, I really dont like eyes at all, years ago I saw some one get shot in the eye with a arrow and I have had the phobia ever since. I can look at peoples eyes,but if they have a injury or thier eyes are red or blood shot it makes me feel sick.

Thank you,no-one gets my phobia of eyes! They really freak me out,I had some problems with my eyes when I was little and I had to have drops and stuff done to them, and since then I can't stand them. Thank god I don't wear conatcts, I don't think I could.

Penguin8191
07-03-2006, 19:26
I have a phobia of Spiders, deep water, heights, inclosed/tight spaces and the dark! Dont laugh!

nicole28
07-03-2006, 20:32
I hate spiders, but most of all, I hate the dark! I am really scared of it! I am scared that something is going to just at me! Most of all, I think that Scream is going to jump out and kill me lol! I don't know why, I just hate being alone in the dark!

Pixie
07-03-2006, 21:34
I also have a phobia of clowns. And also Ventuilicuist (dunno how to spell that!) dolls

nicole28
09-03-2006, 12:39
I know someone who is afraid of clowns! They really freak her out! Only ones on stilts freak me out though!

kels257
09-03-2006, 12:46
My phobias are spiders, snakes and stupidly enough FISH!!

I cant stand them, They smell disgusting look horrible and just totally freak me out. I can't even go into my cousins living room cause she has a tropical fish tank.

Siobhan
09-03-2006, 12:50
I know someone who is afraid of clowns! They really freak her out! Only ones on stilts freak me out though!

my niece cannot even look a someone with face paint

I am terrified of Moths, butterflies are fine but I hate Moths

twinkle_eyes83
09-03-2006, 13:07
ok guys no one is to laugh but I have a phobia of the dark i dont no why itjust scares me it started when i had my first baby and that was 7 years ago lol they say being preg does weird things well mine done that to me and from then i can not sleep in the dark

pookie1968uk
09-03-2006, 16:40
spiders and insects in general, and daddy long legs too!! if there is one in the room and it is diving around i am terrified and nearly crying!

Siobhan
09-03-2006, 16:43
spiders and insects in general, and daddy long legs too!! if there is one in the room and it is diving around i am terrified and nearly crying!

arrgghhh!! i hate daddy long legs.. my skin is crawling just thinking about it now

nicole28
11-03-2006, 17:28
Urgh! Me too Siobhan! I hate them!

the_watts_rule
13-03-2006, 18:11
I hate spiders and snakes. They creep me out! I about freaked out the other night. I was walking out of the conservatory and i about stood on a spider crawling across the floor.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2006, 19:42
I don't think I have a phobia of something.. nothing I know of yet but I hate 'creepy crawlies' and insects.. Ergh they just scare the life out of me!! I don't mind snakes, they are quite cool as I carried this big Phyton before, quite cool lol :)

We got alot of seagulls which come every day after break and lunch at school (across my road) where I live Clo!! :eek:

shannisrules
13-03-2006, 19:45
We got alot of seagulls which come every day after break and lunch at school (across my road) where I live Clo!!

oh god we get loads of seagulls swarming our yrads at break and lunch because of the food everyone leaves lying around and everyone gets really scared incase they poo on us so i suppose thats my phobia at the moment

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2006, 19:51
Yep that's what happens here!! We just run if we have to go the outside way!! Its really mad!! Some of my mates have actually been poo'ed on.. I would hate to be in that position :eek:....

leanne27
13-03-2006, 19:58
meant to be good luck lol though i dont see how

Rain_
13-03-2006, 20:30
i have OCD about things not being symetrical...does that count?

Chloe-Elise
13-03-2006, 21:10
We got alot of seagulls which come every day after break and lunch at school (across my road) where I live Clo!! :eek:

That would be so horrible! :eek: Actually, because we live near the coast we get a lot of seagulls near my school, and because theres so much litter theres usually seagulls and birds everywhere :( They fly really close to you aswell, and they are really big!

nicole28
14-03-2006, 21:07
I know Chloe! They are horrible near where we live!

amijainey
17-07-2006, 00:20
i had travell sickness since i was a baby, it got so bad that i was even pram sick, and then i had a phobia of all transport! i wouldnt get in a car, if i even saw a bus i would feel ill and try to get awayfrom it. but about 2 years ago i got hynotised and it sort of cured me, now im having driving lessons and everything, something still isnt right though coz i wont go near buses. my so called friends would sometime make snide comments about it coz i was so scared that i wouldnt go anywhere, but i think im over the worst of it now. just thought i would tell ya all coz i dont know anyone who has had this same phobia as me. xxx

CrazyLea
17-07-2006, 00:31
I have a big-ish phobia of spiders!! Any size.. wheneve I see one I just freak out and like run or something. The other night I was on the computer, and I saw a huge one walk up the wall.. oh my gosh that was like soo scary! I was like shaking afterwards and had to move away slightly from the computer case it ermm came up to me :p I've always been pretty scared of spiders, but it's definately getting worse lol.

Pinkbanana
17-07-2006, 00:31
I have a fear of people dressed up in oversized costumes, you know like football mascots. You cannot see the person's real face properly :ninja: , instead the costume always has this fixed and rather demented, crazy look on its face. :eek:

Think my phobia started after I had a rather frightening experience with a giant parrot (not a real one) as a child!

emma_strange
17-07-2006, 11:11
I have a phobia of a few things, the worst are boats. I can't be on anythng that's on water, the thought of it makes me sick. Then there's things like cows, they down right scare me the way the look at you.

Skits
17-07-2006, 12:17
i have a phobia of water as in the sea or swimming pools. i try whenever i'm at the beach to stand where the water reaches the sand but i just panic.

Rach33
17-07-2006, 19:45
Ok I know this will sound weird but I have a phobia of bananas they make me feel physically sick just looking at them, touching them, the smell YUCK

I feel ill just typing this

leanne27
17-07-2006, 21:15
wow really bannanas lol i dont really like them and if i eat them too early on a morning i feel sick and just can't eat them lol

Kim
03-11-2006, 16:43
I have loads. Scaffolding, deep water, exams, death, heights, bees and wasps, little kids with golf clubs (weird, I know), and being outside in the dark.

bradley_fan
03-11-2006, 18:00
I'm scared stiff of people dressed up! Such as clowns and even people in Disney Land like Mikey Mouse and different characters!!! I think it developed when I used to go to this club which had a big clown with a MASSIVE head who used to come and play (in my case terrorise)the kids!:crying:
Also I hate anything comming near my eyes like eyeliner! I really can't stand it! I cry! :ninja:

Tannie
03-11-2006, 19:03
I think my worst Phobia would have to be death! I hate everything to do with it. But it's actually really bad i use to have night mares all the time about death and when i think of it i wish i was never bron but then i realise that i'm being silly but i can't help it! Then there was one time i had a phobia of the house or whoever's house i was staying in would get set on fire it was really bad that i couldn't sleep incase it had happened!

Bree
03-11-2006, 21:02
I have a terrible Phobia of birds i cant stand them

Crazy Gal 88
04-11-2006, 20:27
its GOT to be needles - i cant even hear someone talk about them cos it results in me falling on the floor or going ridiculously pale and having to leave the room. i feel ill just sayin the word :s

Kim
05-11-2006, 11:03
its GOT to be needles - i cant even hear someone talk about them cos it results in me falling on the floor or going ridiculously pale and having to leave the room. i feel ill just sayin the word :s

Oh yeah, I hate them as well. And anaesthetics. When we were having a jab in year 6, I saw the needle when the woman got it out, and fell off of the chair. After that, I refused to have it and they had to get my Mum down to the school, and make her hold me down whilst they did it.

EE Rocks
05-11-2006, 11:22
Spiders. I cant stand them.:mad: :rolleyes:

xxloopylauraxx
05-11-2006, 14:27
i cant stand snakes! if one comes on the tv or i see a picture of one i freeze nd pull my legs up as if its coming towards me! i hate them! its strange though because when i was about 3 i went ot a zoo and had a huge one around my neck (i just shuddered thinking about the picture and have gosse pimples now) but i dont know why im so scared of them now. i also hate being dirty its not like an OCD but when i was little if i had the tiniest bit of dirt on my finger or anywhere i would scream untill it was gone and washed off. even now if my hands are dirty i will go and wash them straight away. every winter i get dry hands from where i keep washing my hands when the children get paint or glue or anthing on my hands at work.

willow
05-11-2006, 20:59
Ok I know this will sound weird but I have a phobia of bananas they make me feel physically sick just looking at them, touching them, the smell YUCK

I feel ill just typing this
you are not that strange!!! really!!! me and my sister are the same!!!
she has trouble walking down the fruit aisle in tesco!!!

anna42hmr
05-05-2007, 18:52
i have a huge phobia of heights and combined spaces, and am considering trying hypnotherapy to see if that will help, as a few weeks ago i went to barcelona and ended up having a mild panic attack whilst i was in a church designed by gaudi, has any one had hynosis to treat phobias or know any one who has as i am wondering if it works or not

Abbie
05-05-2007, 22:18
I think my worst Phobia would have to be death! I hate everything to do with it.

Same here, I really just cant think about it to much cos when I do I get myself in such a state

Pinkbanana
06-05-2007, 00:05
Oh yep I'd have to add death and spiders to my list of phobias too....:(

Unless it happened to be the death of a spider, in which case, I would be happy with that! :thumbsup: lol

Chloe O'brien
06-05-2007, 00:12
I hate birds any kind. I'm fine when they are in cages but when they are flying aroud and flapping about your head I cringe. I hate going to people's houses who have budges and parrots as I insist the keep them in their cages while I'm there.

CrazyLea
06-05-2007, 00:18
Unless it happened to be the death of a spider, in which case, I would be happy with that!
:rotfl: Agreed!!

Hmm death.. don't have a phobia of me dying, but friends and family I do.

di marco
28-07-2007, 21:28
i have a phobia of craneflys, i cant stand them, they scare me so much i have to get someone to get them away from me lol! and i also have a phobia of ostriches/emus/rheas those sort of birds really scare me, i think its cos one nearly attached me when i was younger. and my weird phobia that everyone laughs at is the blue man group, they are the scariest thing ive ever seen, when i was in america last year i was even scared of a statue of them lol! everyone laughs at me but honestly im so scared of them!

Trinity
29-07-2007, 23:01
I have a phobia of heights. I was a quivering wreak on the Eiffel Tower a couple of years ago, and last year I was crying trying to climb a medieval tower in Tuscany.

Last week I rode 4 rollercoasters in Parc Astrix with my eyes shut from start to finish and it worked well - I wasn't scared at all. Didn't exactly enjoy it either - but at least my kids couldn't call me a coward.

DaVeyWaVey
29-07-2007, 23:13
I have a phobia of heights. I was a quivering wreak on the Eiffel Tower a couple of years ago, and last year I was crying trying to climb a medieval tower in Tuscany.

Last week I rode 4 rollercoasters in Parc Astrix with my eyes shut from start to finish and it worked well - I wasn't scared at all. Didn't exactly enjoy it either - but at least my kids couldn't call me a coward.

Exactly the same as me really. I went to Paris a few years ago and i was shaking when i was on top of the Eifell Tower!

Also Parc Asterix - i got over my phobia of rollercoasters by going on that Zeus ride. I was terrified but my friend said to keep telling myself i would enjoy the ride and i wouldn't be scared and i kept thinking that and it worked!

Xx-Vicky-xX
30-07-2007, 09:58
Im scared of heights aswell, absolutely hate rides (except water rides) but im trying to do some rides which i hope will lead to me liking rides or at least not feel quite as scared as i do now

pookie1968uk
31-07-2007, 13:52
i hate heights too!! must be a common one! my husband and daughter went up spinnaker tower in portsmouth on holiday but i wouldnt go up! hate spiders too!