PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Musical

anna42hmr
05-03-2006, 13:12
any one else on here fans of musical theatre, if so, then the tickets for wicked have gone on sale today, the record breaking Broadway show is being transferred to London later this year,

the official site is : http://www.wickedthemusical.co.uk/home.php

" WICKED, the spellbinding and spectacular hit musical, is the untold story of the legendary witches from L. Frank Baum's classic, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

When Dorothy famously triumphed over the Wicked Witch, we only ever heard one side of the story. Gregory Maguire's 1995 novel, 'Wicked: The Life & Times of the Wicked Witch of the West', created "one of the great heroines of fantasy literature" (Los Angeles Times), explaining how a misunderstood, green girl named Elphaba became 'wicked' but her unlikely friend, Glinda, became 'good'.

Winner of 15 major awards, this "spectacular spectacle" (New York Post) transports audiences to a fantasy land of wizardry and witchcraft with Grammy® Award-winning music, Tony® Award-winning sets and costumes, and stunning special effects.

The New York Times calls WICKED "Broadway's biggest blockbuster". Now you can experience this magical new musical adventure in London and discover that you've not been told the whole story about the land of Oz..."

Abi
11-01-2007, 18:39
I saw this last night, it was absolutly amazing!!

Its got to be the best musical that i've seen (And beleive me, i've seen a lot!). The sets were great, the songs were fab and very catchy, and it was a great (I need to think of other words, lol!) plot, that linked in with the film a lot, which was great.

If any of you live in or around London, or are coming down at all, i really recommend this. The theatre is literally right next to Victoria Station as well, so its easy for non-Londoners to find. Plus the outside is lit bright green, so you cant miss it, lol!

samantha nixon
11-01-2007, 19:50
aww i wanted to go and see it when Indina was in it as she was meant to be fantastic and i watched some of it on youtube and i agree the songs are fab i have the soundtrack and love them especially defying gravity and im not that girl

Abi
11-01-2007, 19:58
I'm buying the soundtrack at the weekend as well, those songs you mentioned were great! I liked "No one mourns the wicked" as well.

The women who played Elphaba and Glinda especially were amazing... There were these 2 American girls behind me, and they said the London one is just as good as the Broadway show, as well.

di marco
11-01-2007, 20:16
i really want to see this, will probably go with my family at some point. we are going up to london to see a show on my course and wicked was suggested to go and see lol but i think we are going to see the lion king

samantha nixon
11-01-2007, 20:20
i saw the lion king and it was quite good but compared to what i have seen of wicked on youtube, wicked is 10 x's better

Abi
11-01-2007, 20:25
I've seen loads of musicals... Like Grease, Fame, Blood Brothers, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and loads more, but Wicked was... well... wicked! Its the best by far, a proper must see. Lion King looks good, but nothing compared to Wicked :D

di marco
11-01-2007, 20:26
i saw the lion king and it was quite good but compared to what i have seen of wicked on youtube, wicked is 10 x's better

ive seen the lion king already too, i thought it was excellent, one of the best musicals ive seen so i dont mind if i see it again. i havent seen any clips from wicked but someone on my course has seen it about 20 times lol!

di marco
11-01-2007, 20:28
I've seen loads of musicals... Like Grease, Fame, Blood Brothers, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and loads more, but Wicked was... well... wicked! Its the best by far, a proper must see. Lion King looks good, but nothing compared to Wicked :D

ive seen loads of musicals too, i think the lion king was one of my faves but i do really wanna see wicked, my sis wants to see dirty dancing, my mum wants to see mary poppins and my gran wants to see the sound of music so im sure we will see all 4 of those in the near future lol!

Chloe-Elise
11-01-2007, 21:10
I'm going to see this on Saturday, I can't wait to see it, it looks brilliant :D

Abbie
11-01-2007, 21:45
I really want to go and see this it looks and sounds amazing and ever since I went to see Lion King I desperatly want to go see it.

Footie_Chick
12-01-2007, 13:23
I haven't seen it, looks good though. I went to see Grease and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang though last year and next saturday i'm going to see Mamma Mia, can't wait.

anna42hmr
12-01-2007, 18:38
i saw it in december when indina was still in it, she was fantastic, and i really loved the show. I am huge musical fan, and have seen tonnes of shows over the years, and this is one of my favorites

Abbie
12-01-2007, 22:32
Ive started to become a fan of musicals, I have got loads on dvd but i really want to see more on stage and Im determined to see this one.

Abi
12-01-2007, 23:04
If you haven't seen this yet, or what to know more about it, then this is a fab link to a video of it. Its got clips from the London show (No spoilers of the plots) and has the end of the best song ever "Defying Gravity" (God knows how she can sing that well suspended in the air! :rotfl:

Wicked - The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz (http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7050560893555743275&q=wicked+musical)

*Tip: Let it finish downloading before watching, it'll only take a minute*

Its the same actresses and actors as the show at the minute, though i think they're changing in February or something.

Layne
13-01-2007, 16:53
If you haven't seen this yet, or what to know more about it, then this is a fab link to a video of it. Its got clips from the London show (No spoilers of the plots) and has the end of the best song ever "Defying Gravity" (God knows how she can sing that well suspended in the air! :rotfl:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-7050560893555743275&q=wicked+musical

*Tip: Let it finish downloading before watching, it'll only take a minute*

Its the same actresses and actors as the show at the minute, though i think they're changing in February or something.

Thanks for that - but i think the women in that clip playing Elphaba (wicked witch) is Idina Menzel, she has now left and Kerry Ellis has taken over :) .

Hoping to go and see this soon with my friend, i love it and i haven't even been yet, best song = Defying Gravity!

Abi
13-01-2007, 17:07
I'm pretty certain that thats Kerry Ellis, Layne. She looks like the woman playing the part when i saw it on Wednesday, who was Kerry Ellis :)

Defying Gravity is good great!

And in the show, when she sings that for the second time, she is amazing singing it in mid air- God knows how she managed that! Her cape fills up the whole stage as well, which looked fab

Abbie
13-01-2007, 18:11
Ive just been on at my mum and Im going to see if we an get it sorted so we can see it soon. :D

Chloe-Elise
16-01-2007, 21:55
I saw this at the weekend, and I loved it, I thought it was absoultely brilliant.:D

Abbie
17-01-2007, 16:23
I saw this at the weekend, and I loved it, I thought it was absoultely brilliant.:D

Awww wow Im am getting really jealous now, I so desperately want to see it

xTanya
19-03-2007, 22:03
I have to say that this is the best show I have ever seen and tht is big coming from me, you may begin to learn about my Guys and Dolls obsession hehe I blame Nigel Harman for that one. Anyway Wicked is phenomenal Kerry Ellis is fantastic, can't wait to see it again i'm taking my mum as a mothers day present. If you haven't seen it you should

bubblegum_fairy
26-10-2007, 23:21
I have seen this sooooo many times. I just love it and I'm quite obsessed with it.. I went with college one time... and they told me off for singing the songs and knowing the words.....

Abbie
26-10-2007, 23:29
I still havent seen it although, Im planning a trip wiht my dancing friends to go see it

samantha nixon
27-10-2007, 22:22
I'm so happy as on wedneday im going with my school for free, and ive wanted to see this for soooooooooo long and yay im going lol but i wanted to see idina :( but oh well, but one of my mates has already said she aint gonna sit with me lol cos i no all the words