PDA

View Full Version : Id Cards, What Do You Think?

Hopes
03-03-2006, 14:59
Do You Want Id Cards, Or Do You Feel That They Are Just A Waste Of Money And Time?

Meh
03-03-2006, 15:26
Do You Want Id Cards, Or Do You Feel That They Are Just A Waste Of Money And Time?

Can you not post the first letter of each word in caps. Thanks.

ID cards are a waste of time, money and effort. I honestly can't see how they'll stop terrorism or illegal immigration. What it will do is take away our civil liberties. Orwell was bang on in 1984.

After WW II it was compulsory to carry ID cards. In the early 50s a policeman stopped a miner and asked for his ID card. As the miner didn't have it, he got locked up. So the miner took the case to the high court and the Judge agreed that there was no need for ID cards. Govts will always try to introduce them as they can then effectively control people.

Hopes
03-03-2006, 15:32
If i want to put caps on my words then that's my choice, unless it states otherwise on the board.

dddMac1
03-03-2006, 15:43
i'm against the ID cards it's not going to prevent Terrorism it goes against human Rights and it will be to expensive .i'll refuse to get one,the govorment should leave it to the public to decide.

Katy
03-03-2006, 16:04
i reckon that it will cause more problems than it will solve.

Meh
03-03-2006, 16:21
If i want to put caps on my words then that's my choice, unless it states otherwise on the board.

Its not in the rules because most people follow the general rules regarding grammar. Its not in the rules that you have to spell a word correctly and not as it sounds. Get the drift?

Tori
03-03-2006, 16:44
we have passports, so why do we need ID cards? it will lead up to a point where every move is tracked and i don;t get up to anything bad, but it would be weird having someone know exactly where you are every time

Katy
03-03-2006, 16:50
it would make people more and more angry the fact they are losing there freedom.

Siobhan
03-03-2006, 16:53
we have passports, so why do we need ID cards? it will lead up to a point where every move is tracked and i don;t get up to anything bad, but it would be weird having someone know exactly where you are every time

I would never bring my passport anywhere, what if you lost it and someone used it for themselves. Id cards are better in that respect if it is not made legal or if you cannot use it to get bankaccounts, travel documents etc

alkalinetrio
03-03-2006, 18:24
I Dont Want No I.D Card! If they gave me one ill chuck the thing away! dont want them keeping checks on me or wotever there doing! its my buisiness

Tori
03-03-2006, 18:25
what would ID cards be used for then?

Daisyduck
03-03-2006, 19:20
Not eveyone has a passport and id cards work well in other countrys, i think its a good idea and its good ID, and it could help with stopping so many people getting into our country through the back door we can do spot checks on people if they dont have id then they should be picked up and cheaked out.

Chloe-Elise
04-03-2006, 09:49
I don't want ID cards, we have passports and other ways of showing our identity. It goes against human rights and it will cause loads of problems.

di marco
04-03-2006, 11:24
i read in the paper a while ago that if id cards were made compulsory to have, then we would have to pay for our own and they would cost around £90! :eek: i aint paying for something the government wants me to have!

Tori
04-03-2006, 12:59
i heard that aswell... whats the point of a passport then? you gotta pay for that aswe;;

willow
04-03-2006, 13:03
that is just silly £90!!!! flipping heck!!!!

di marco
04-03-2006, 13:06
i heard that aswell... whats the point of a passport then? you gotta pay for that aswe;;

a passpost is so you can go to other countries, and im assuming you have to pay for it cos its your choice to have one. an id card would be used to carry around with you on a daily basis so if you were stopped the police would be able to look at it, but seeing as its going to be compulsory i dont think its fair that we are made to pay for it

Tori
04-03-2006, 13:16
yeah.. if the police kept stopping you, wouldn;t it be an infringement on human rights?

willow
04-03-2006, 13:24
yeah.. if the police kept stopping you, wouldn;t it be an infringement on human rights?

totally, esp if they had no good reason to stop you

if they are compulsory they would have to be a lot cheaper or free,

in a way it is a good idea to have a kind of id that is the same there are so many types of id cards that you can get nowadays it is really hard to tell if some are fake or not.

di marco
04-03-2006, 13:27
totally, esp if they had no good reason to stop you

if they are compulsory they would have to be a lot cheaper or free,

in a way it is a good idea to have a kind of id that is the same there are so many types of id cards that you can get nowadays it is really hard to tell if some are fake or not.

i was thinking they should be free, but then again we would still be paying for them in a way cos of taxes and stuff, i just dont see how one card can cost so much money though! the only thing that would be good about them, like you said, is that they could be used instead of the other id cards about, but i dont think they should be used so the police can check up on you. i mean you could get arrested if you dont take it everywhere with you and they want to see it, knowing me id forget it all the time!

willow
04-03-2006, 13:30
i would too!!!!

if there was a universal id card it would make my job so much easier as i work in a off licence and we have peoople bringing in loads of different cards, as i said earlier it is really hard sometimes to tell if they are fake or not!!

why dont they just go the whole hog and implant us all with micro chips like the ones they put in animals!!!

Em
05-03-2006, 22:10
i would too!!!!

if there was a universal id card it would make my job so much easier as i work in a off licence and we have peoople bringing in loads of different cards, as i said earlier it is really hard sometimes to tell if they are fake or not!!

why dont they just go the whole hog and implant us all with micro chips like the ones they put in animals!!!

:ninja: SShhhhh Willow- you'll give them ideas :ninja:

** runs to change all details of life as big brother may be watching **