PDA

View Full Version : married couples

Cornishbabe
25-02-2006, 14:06
I know this is a bit random.BUT..
There are only four married coupes in eastenders now. It seems really hardly any considering the amount of charcters in the show. And only two two of them the old people seem really happy.

Dot & Jim
Joe & Pauline (only for a few days so far tho)
the happy ones

Patrick and Yolandie
Martin and Sonia

is this a show of real life or is it just soaplife?

shannisrules
25-02-2006, 14:08
theres also nico and carly but that is true seems like only old people can be happily married in eastenders

Cornishbabe
25-02-2006, 14:10
I hadnt thought of them! But it seems they've split up again now.

Kim
25-02-2006, 14:10
I hope Billy and Honey get married quickly and prove us wrong.

Katy
25-02-2006, 14:26
yeh same here. There arernt many married couples in other soaps though either. Eastenders has the least though.

Cornishbabe
25-02-2006, 14:29
They'll get married then move or die or split up its al tha ever happens

feelingyellow
25-02-2006, 17:10
Woo, god not much love going round the square then! Everyone just dies or leaves lol :p

Bryan
25-02-2006, 22:27
and anyone noticed 3 of the 4 are old people... typical youngsters eh!? :nono: :lol:

littlemo
25-02-2006, 22:59
and anyone noticed 3 of the 4 are old people... typical youngsters eh!? :nono: :lol:

Yes but to be fair most of the youngsters in the square have never been married (well it depends what you define as youngsters I suppose). Sonia and Martin were an exception the rule, getting married so young. And I feel they've done well for themselves considering what they've been through. They must have been married now about 2 or 3 years. And I feel despite this whole Naomi thing they have a solid relationship which will ultimately overcome the obstacles they face.

Jim and Dot got married late in life, they haven't really been together that long. As did Patrick and Yolande, and of course Joe and Pauline who got married a week ago. So I don't really feel that older people in EE have made more of a success with their marriages, because they have all divorced at some point. Well apart from Pauline, but she's one of the chosen few whose marriage did last the distance.

Florijo
26-02-2006, 11:32
I think the problem EE has with married couples is that most of the time the only way the EE writers think they can create decent storylines with the married couples is to have one of them, or sometimes both, have an affair (Natalie and Barry) or one of them dies (Sharon and Dennis) or they just split them up for some other reason (Lynne and Garry and Little Mo and Billy). Obviously in real life some couples have affairs, people die and sometimes they just split up for another reason, but not every couple. Storylines with couples don't always have to involve affairs or deaths to be a good storyline, and they don't always have to split the couple up after an affair either. Arthur had an affair but Pauline and him stayed together eventually and worked it out. Kat and Alfie are also an exception to this rule but they are in the minority. I would rather watch a couple struggle through and survive the tough times instead of the writers taking the easy and predicable way out everytime by having them split up just to create "drama".

*-Rooney-*
02-03-2006, 11:58
you have got me thinking now:
sonia/martin
pauline/joe
yolande/patrick
jim/dot
billy/little mo ( not divorced yet)

stacyefc
03-03-2006, 00:17
are jane and ian married? there not are they?

the_watts_rule
03-03-2006, 08:00
are jane and ian married? there not are they?

No. I don't even think they are engaged