PDA

View Full Version : Animal testing

chance
25-02-2006, 12:28
Do we need animal testing?Medical research involving animals is "essential", a spokesman for a student group backing Oxford University's £18m biomedical research lab says.
Ian Simpson, of PRO-test, due to march with staff in Oxford in support of the facility under construction, says he hopes students will not be targeted.

Alistair Currie, of the British Union for the Abolition of Vivisection, said using animals "belongs in the past".

The event coincides with animal rights group Speak's rally opposing the lab.

Last week, Robin Webb, the Animal Liberation Front's spokesman, said student accommodation could be targeted and some activists might "perceive" student groups supporting animal testing as "legitimate" targets.

Mr Webb said it was "unlikely" students themselves would be targeted as a result of Saturday's Pro-Test rally.

alan45
25-02-2006, 12:42
Of course we need animal testing to develop new drugs to eradicate illness. I am 100% against animal testing for cosmetics though.

Cornishbabe
25-02-2006, 13:37
Im sure we have loads of other thread on this.... Im 95% against animal testing full stop. It really isnt needed anymore there are lots of differnt ways of testing drugs without animals

~*~Leanne~*~
25-02-2006, 15:12
i don't think things need to be tested on animals as it is cruel

annaz
25-02-2006, 15:27
I don't think animals should be tested to the point of being blind or deaf or palylzed, but we need animals to test life saving drugs.

Cornishbabe
25-02-2006, 17:13
I don't think animals should be tested to the point of being blind or deaf or palylzed, but we need animals to test life saving drugs.

Now days there are lots of other ways to test life saving drugs than with animals. Many drugs react to animals different than they do to humans.

alan45
25-02-2006, 18:47
OK if we dont test on animal what else do you suggest

Debs
25-02-2006, 19:24
i think we do need animal testing,medicines and vaccines etc that we need for saving lives most of thjem have been tested on animals at some point. but the non essential things like make up moisturisers, perfumes etc shouldnt be.

Chloe O'brien
25-02-2006, 19:57
i am against using animals for testing in the use of cosmetics but when it comes to medical ethics i am 100% in favour of using animals for testing especially if it helps find a cure for cancer or aids. i know if there was anything wrong with any of my family i would not hestitate to let doctors test any drugs on any of my pets.

Luna
25-02-2006, 21:38
im agaist all animal testing they should not be used for any kind of experiments

Abbie
25-02-2006, 22:15
well i suppose we need some kind of testing but i thinks its unfair on the animlas

Bryan
25-02-2006, 22:17
yes its needed...we cant have humans testign products are dying... i mean its not fair that animals should be tested but its the way of the world.. its them or us and it will always be them, so theres no point in trying to change it

Abbie
25-02-2006, 22:23
i know but its s unfair on the animals cos they cant have a say in it so they are being forced

Cornishbabe
25-02-2006, 22:57
If humans are testing lifesving products and dieing its the same as if they were going to die anyway. If the product was tested on animals they could still die.

nowdays we can grow new organs from one single cell. So surely when we clone cells for medical reasearch the same thing is done, it replicated the human. Without harming anyone. (this is aready carried out by scientists and works)

CrazyLea
26-02-2006, 16:17
Of course we need animal testing to develop new drugs to eradicate illness. I am 100% against animal testing for cosmetics though.

i agree that they should be used for medicinal purposes. but like alan im 100% against it for cosmetics.

nicole28
26-02-2006, 16:44
I hate animal testing! I hate it, but we need it. Which would we rather die? Our mother or father, or an animal you had never heard of? I hate animal testing with make up. But with medication, I don't mind it.

pookie1968uk
26-02-2006, 18:10
yes of course we need it. im not going to offer to have stuff tested on me instead, would anyone else?

Cornishbabe
26-02-2006, 19:38
yes of course we need it. im not going to offer to have stuff tested on me instead, would anyone else?
If it was a life saving drug then yes. Id probably die anyway so there is nothing to loose

Dr. Tangliss
27-02-2006, 10:39
I agree with testing on animals, but for medical purposes only. If it was not for testing on animals, 99% of drugs and medical technology would not be available to people today.

As for testing make-up and purfume, etc, on animals, I am against that. What purpose does it serve squirting ethanol based purfume products in eyes of monkeys....?

Jojo
27-02-2006, 11:41
100% against for cosmetic purposes, but definitely agree with testing for medicinal purposes. Without that kind of testing, the manufacturers wouldn't know whether it was safe to start trials on humans, and I think there would be worse problems about a load of people dying due to trialing drugs rather than some animals dying due to the same.

dddMac1
27-02-2006, 15:07
i'm against all forms of Animal testing cause it's cruel

nicole28
28-02-2006, 18:52
Yes, but what if someone you know needed medicine?

LUSHLOOKE69
28-02-2006, 20:32
I also believe it is fine to do animal testing for medical purposes. Also as a psychology student I know you can not just test on animals it is a long process in which justfication for such testing has to be granted.

holly
12-03-2006, 15:44
:wub:The cops alwase go on holiday when i am in town :wub:

holly
12-03-2006, 15:45
Hi hun you ok what you been doing

di marco
12-03-2006, 15:47
:wub:The cops alwase go on holiday when i am in town :wub:

Hi hun you ok what you been doing

erm i think you might have the wrong thread...............

holly
12-03-2006, 15:48
I love animals so much i got 2 dogs 5 goldfish 3 horses 1 poney 24 chickens 2 ginny pigs1 hamster & 1 draf hamster.
total = 31 animals
How many have you all got together

Cornishbabe
12-03-2006, 15:49
Holly just wondering but what have the cops got too do with animal testing?

Anyways. Ive had another discussion about animals testing at college on friday and Im now even more sure that for both cosmetics and medicine animal testing is wrong. Cell cloning is a better and less cruel way to test medicines that actulary works.

Kim
12-03-2006, 15:59
I love animals so much i got 2 dogs 5 goldfish 3 horses 1 poney 24 chickens 2 ginny pigs1 hamster & 1 draf hamster.
total = 31 animals
How many have you all got together

Holly, stop posting a load of random things. This thread is about whether or not you agree with animal testing.

nicole28
13-03-2006, 17:07
I hate animal testing! It is wrong to let animals suffer for no reason! I don't mind it if it is testing a cure for a disease such as Cancer, because it couls save the life of someone in your family if they found medication. However I very much disagree make up is tested on animals.

JustJodi
13-03-2006, 17:13
I said NO.. plain and simple,, I don't want any animal to suffer for the sake of "seeing what happens" when a product is used, I am sure there are other ways to test products.

nicole28
13-03-2006, 17:23
]I hate animal testing! It is wrong to let animals suffer for no reason! I don't mind it if it is testing a cure for a disease such as Cancer, because it couls save the life of someone in your family if they found medication. However I very much disagree when make up is tested on animals

$sTaCeY$
13-03-2006, 19:38
im 90% against animal testing, it is cruel and shouldnt be allowed but they do need to test life saving drugs

leanne27
13-03-2006, 20:00
im totally for animal testing, if you had someone in your family or a friend even dying of some incurable disease, and you knew to help them survive that bit longer or to find a cure some rabbits had to be tested on then im sure ALL of us would chose a rat to die or suffer other than a human being

di marco
13-03-2006, 20:28
i wonder how many of the people who have said they dont agree with testing make up on animals actually make sure they buy make up that says it hasnt been tested on animals on it?