PDA

View Full Version : O'Grady quits Cowell show over ITV row

Luna
23-02-2006, 16:08
Paul O'Grady has refused to do any work for ITV – including Simon Cowell's new reality show.

The Lily Savage star is in an ongoing row with the broadcaster. He says they have banned him from using their studios for his next series as revenge for moving his chat show to Channel 4.

He has retaliated by pulling out of all planned ITV roles including as a judge on the Cowell's remake of The Gong Show and as host of the Soap Awards.

"I'm not working for these petty tyrants anymore. The ban is pure spite," he told the Daily Mirror. "I will lose money but I would rather be sweeping the streets than working for ITV."

O'Grady said anyone can usually rent studio space at The London Studio and he wanted to keep his camera crew.

Katy
23-02-2006, 16:13
hahaha. That serves ITV right. I reckon they will miss Paul o grady. hes a comic genious.

bubblegum_fairy
23-02-2006, 16:34
Go Paul... I think he made a good move, he was obviously doing some tactical thinking when he did. ITV are pathetic

dddMac1
24-02-2006, 15:26
Paul has made a good move moving to Channel 4 but ITV will miss him

Emma-Lou
25-02-2006, 13:05
I think it is good Paul moved to channel4 ITV are being very petty its their own fault the lost him

annaz
25-02-2006, 15:37
Ha, I'm glad they have lost Paul. Paul was a great part of ITV. All they are thinking about is money