PDA

View Full Version : Circumcision

chance
22-02-2006, 18:13
My son will probably going to have to have this done soon,has anyone else been through this with there son? Iwas just having a nose through the net and found this http://www.cirp.org/library/procedure/plastibell/ it has put me right off!

lollymay
22-02-2006, 18:19
my little brother had it done when he was little

leanne27
22-02-2006, 18:56
i am totally againts circumsision i think its cruel and vile to do that its a degrading thing to be done on a baby, it shoudl be banned in my opinion.

willow
22-02-2006, 19:00
owch!!!! i am so g;lad i am a girl, but if they need it done for medical reasons it is a good thing to do, my son nearly had to have it done

lollymay
22-02-2006, 19:08
yes my little brother had to have it done for medical reasons, not because of choice of our parents

willow
22-02-2006, 20:04
if it is needed for medical reasons and not done it can cause real problems!!

Luna
22-02-2006, 20:25
ouch looks sore what are the medicals resons for getting this done?

willow
22-02-2006, 20:34
i think........ the foreskin can get tight, its really painful and infections can set in

Chloe O'brien
22-02-2006, 20:37
do they have to do it while the child is awake cant they put them to sleep to perform the operation

Luna
22-02-2006, 20:40
they cant give a small child a general anes. because it can be dangerous.

You know ive seen some pictures of circumcisions before and always thought they only took the tip off - are there different kinds

Debs
22-02-2006, 20:58
i am totally againts circumsision i think its cruel and vile to do that its a degrading thing to be done on a baby, it shoudl be banned in my opinion.

sometimes it has to be done for medical reasons, my brother had to have it done when he was little for medical reasons. i dont think it is cruel and vile though

Luna
22-02-2006, 21:00
if its not done for medical reasons then its religous reasons there's nothing crule and vile about that in some countrys there is something mostly the same for girls

leanne27
22-02-2006, 21:09
if its for medical reasons then i think that's ok if it will help the baby in the future but for any other reason i thinks its wrong

willow
22-02-2006, 21:12
its important to some religons too

chance
22-02-2006, 22:33
Id only get it done for medical reasons no other.. he is in no pain with it yet but its red and looks sore,it can lead to them having trouble weeing and infections can take place and it can just be real painful,as i said he isnt complaining yet and ive been hoping the foreskin would go back on its own but he's 6 now and it hasnt yet...

JustJodi
22-02-2006, 22:58
do they have to do it while the child is awake cant they put them to sleep to perform the operation

if they are new borns they do not knock em out cos its "dangerous" they do put some sort of numbing gel on the little thingie ( like the stuff they use in dentist offices to numb ur gums for dental work ) waits a few min, then zip its off,,its a bit sore after wards but pretty soon they are too busy weeing and pooping and eating to care

Jojo
22-02-2006, 23:00
Id only get it done for medical reasons no other.. he is in no pain with it yet but its red and looks sore,it can lead to them having trouble weeing and infections can take place and it can just be real painful,as i said he isnt complaining yet and ive been hoping the foreskin would go back on its own but he's 6 now and it hasnt yet...Chance - my eldest (12) still has a few probs. They thought he may need to be circumcised when he was 8/9 because he kept getting infections etc. My doc told me to make sure that he pulled it back gently when in the bath to try to clean it. I immediately said that I thought you shouldnt that when they are kids, but apparently at that age its fine. And so far, he still hasnt had to be circumcised...

chance
22-02-2006, 23:33
Hopefully it will be ok then if he continues to try pulling it back a bit in the bath each time but so far nothing as its so red and tight theres nothing there to sort of take back if im making sense?

Jojo
22-02-2006, 23:36
Take him to the docs hun - he may have the start of an infection there - sj had green puss with his at one point!! no pain, but infected all the same. course of anti b's sorted it in no time :)

chance
22-02-2006, 23:54
god im going to look a right old whinger in the docs this week,cus i gotta book all three in

Meh
23-02-2006, 00:49
This thread is painful to read! There's pros and cons of circumcision. Apparently the male orgasm is supposed stronger as the foreskin is extremely sensitive, but it is also more likely to get infected.

Siobhan
23-02-2006, 10:09
Take him to the docs hun - he may have the start of an infection there - sj had green puss with his at one point!! no pain, but infected all the same. course of anti b's sorted it in no time :)

ben had this last week and the doc gave me cream for it. It is all cleared up now and he wasn't in any pain at all

Jojo
23-02-2006, 10:13
ben had this last week and the doc gave me cream for it. It is all cleared up now and he wasn't in any pain at allits surprising how red and sort it can look, but not be causing any pain to them. Even when there was lots of lovely puss and a really bad infection it wasn't hurting sjj at all, he was more embarrassed as having to show the doc where the problem was! lol

Siobhan
23-02-2006, 10:16
its surprising how red and sort it can look, but not be causing any pain to them. Even when there was lots of lovely puss and a really bad infection it wasn't hurting sjj at all, he was more embarrassed as having to show the doc where the problem was! lol

Well ben is only 7 months so he doesn't understand embarrasment. It was all yuk and green and really really red but he didn't cry at all. He was laughing his ass off, I think he has a ticklish willy :rotfl::rotfl:

Jojo
23-02-2006, 10:19
Well ben is only 7 months so he doesn't understand embarrasment. It was all yuk and green and really really red but he didn't cry at all. He was laughing his ass off, I think he has a ticklish willy :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Haven't all of the males species!! :rotfl:

I'm just glad sjjs seems to have rectified itself, which has taken 4/5yrs, so hopefully chance's sj won't need to be circumcised either...

Siobhan
23-02-2006, 10:30
:rotfl: Haven't all of the males species!! :rotfl:

I'm just glad sjjs seems to have rectified itself, which has taken 4/5yrs, so hopefully chance's sj won't need to be circumcised either...

I hope not and I hope ben will be ok too cause I would hate to have him circumcised. I am sure that would hurt him

pookie1968uk
23-02-2006, 15:25

lots of men have to have it done for medical reasons. its not just done for religious reasons.

annaz
23-02-2006, 15:32
I have a vague idea of what it is, but I don't want to seem stupid. But what is circumsision exactly?

JustJodi
23-02-2006, 15:36
I have a vague idea of what it is, but I don't want to seem stupid. But what is circumsision exactly?
Its a surgical procedure to remove the foreskin of a male penis. It is common in the USA to have the procedure done and with some religous groups ( ie Jewish) and some for medical reasons ..

dddMac1
23-02-2006, 16:21
i don't really agree with Circumcision but would only opt for the surgery myself if i had problems

Angeltigger
05-03-2006, 23:04
did your baby have to have it chance?

chance
10-03-2006, 23:32
no,he's 6 and he might have to but not if i can help it...

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2006, 19:47
Oh my god!! As Leanne above said I think it's cruel and should be banned in religous purposes!! Unless it's for medical reasons I see why anyone should do that :eek: