PDA

View Full Version : 8th &9th march

elephantwoman
21-02-2006, 16:38
from digital spy,

ITV1 Network Wednesday 8 March 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

spoiler:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although DC Mickey Webb (CHRIS SIMMONS) warned DC Zain Nadir (TJ RAMINI) to stay away from the eighteen-year-old gang member, he meets with Jordan Tomlin (CHARLES MNENE) anyway to find out where the missing guns are. Zain leaves a happy man when the cocky youngster promises more information soon.

Meanwhile, PCs Emma Keane (MELANIE GUTTERIDGE) and Leela Kapoor (SEEMA BOWRI) find themselves at a local DJ competition during an investigation. They duck for cover when two guns shots ring out and evacuate the community centre whilst calling for back-up. PCs Roger Valentine (JOHN BOWLER) and Lewis Hardy (AML AMEEN) realise a witness to the shooting is still inside the centre and cautiously enter. They are horrified to discover the victim is Jordan Tomlin who is bleeding heavily from his stomach. However, Superintendent Adam Okaro (CYRIL NRI) decides not to let the paramedics in until a Trojan Unit arrive in case the gunman is still in the building.

The pressure is on a blameworthy Zain when he discovers that Lewis knows an inside cop has been cutting deals with gang members. He visits Jordan in hospital desperate to find out whether anyone else knows about their arrangement. Before the cop gets an answer, Jordan loses his fight for life and Zain is left relieved and guilt-free. But Mickey questions his lack of remorse. How does he sleep at night?

Lewis is gutted when he finds out that his cousin Dominic Hardy (RICHIE CAMPBELL) let the gunman into the community centre. He forces him to give a statement and realising that blood is not always thicker than water, decides he wants nothing more to do with him.

The following day, Jordan’s mother, Annette Tomlin (JOAN OLIVER) stirs up the local community by criticising Superintendent Adam Okaro and the police about the way they handled the shooting incident.
ITV1 Network Thursday 9 March 8:00 PM to 9:00 PM

spoiler:
Locked up in Longmarsh, imprisoned Sergeant Smith (ALEX WALKINSHAW) finds himself the victim of Hammond’s (KEITH-LEE CASTLE) intense bullying. Fellow cell-mate, Morris Leatherhead (BILL TREACHER), is exasperated when Smithy turns down the chance to help himself and explains he needs ‘friends’ inside like Hammond to survive. A distracted Smithy reads a letter from Inspector Gina Gold (Roberta Taylor) and struggles to keep his emotions in check as he finds out it is Louise Larson’s (ROSIE MARCEL) funeral tomorrow. Despondent Smithy is soon beaten by Hammond and his heavies for not taking his request seriously. How much more can innocent Smithy take?

Meanwhile, PC Dan Casper (CHRIS JARVIS) and Gina obtain keys to enter a flat where the owner is away. Dan is startled to be confronted by naked Mandy Cooke (EMILY BOWKER) who confesses that property manager Damon Pollard (JOHN KIRK) gave her the keys saying it would be okay for her to stay while the tenant was away. She also admits to be having an affair with Damon.

Dan and DC Zain Nadir (TJ RAMINI) pay a visit to Damon, who denies dating Mandy and reluctantly gives them the address of Mr Drummond, the owner of the flat where she has been staying. Zain is pleased to tell DCI Jack Meadows (SIMON ROUSE) that all of ‘Drummond’s’ properties were bought five years ago from gangster, Pete Larson (GRAHAM MCTAVISH). DC Mickey Webb (CHRIS SIMMONS) tells Jack that ‘Drummond’ is actually Joel Gates (BRIAN HICKEY) and it just so happens that Gates gave Carl Caplan (GRAHAM TURNER), witness to Louise’s death, a big loan just before she was killed.

Jack, Mickey and Zain attempt to work out the connections including the loans and property sold between Pete Larson, Carl Caplan and Joel Gates and decide to bring Gates in for questioning. DS Phil Hunter (SCOTT MASLEN) and Mickey jump in a car ready to follow him as he leaves the station. Could Gates be the lead they have been looking for to free Smithy?
poor smithy! :(

pookie1968uk
21-02-2006, 16:50
hopefully they are nearer to proving smithy's innocence now.
i think zain is a good copper but sometimes he goes over the top and is too eager for a result whatever the cost.

samantha nixon
21-02-2006, 17:50
these look good but poor smithy

*_*Smile*_*
23-02-2006, 18:19
it's looking better for Smithy though

Babe14
24-02-2006, 10:00
I had a feeling that all this gang stuff would lead hopefully uip to Smithy's freedom. Poor baby I just knew that somewhere along the line he would take a beating:( Still good on him though not giving into those thugs and hopefully sometime in the future he'll have his revenge on them.

I do like Zain although there are times I question his motives, but I do think he is being straight down the line where Smithy is concerned. I think that Zain is just a good/bad cop doing whatever it takes to crack a case or in Smithy's case to prove a fellow officer and mate innocent...

Nice to see all round action and practically everyone being involved in getting Smithy out of jail. I'm glad that this looks soon rather than later as I thought that Morris wasn't going to be in it until the end of March. phew..

alan45
24-02-2006, 11:01
The Smithy storyline has been brilliant so far. I like the way it has been going on for so long and with so many twists in it. I agree with you about Zain. On occasions he seemed inflicted with the Sun Hill CID disease of running to his own agenda by now he seems to be going the extra mile for a colleague.

Babe14
25-02-2006, 10:55
Alan45 we are agreeing AGAIN:eek: :rotfl:

They seem to feed all the big storylines and romances to us a bit at a time and run others in between from one episode storylines to a week and I like this as we get an all round mix. One thing that is annoying me at the mo is that there are too many interview scenes this happened a few years ago and I became bored and stopped viewing for a bit. I hope that in the future we will see more action.

I'm not liking Lewis at all.

alan45
25-02-2006, 11:07
I'm not liking Lewis at all.

Shock Horror !!!! Something else we agree on. I dont knopw what it is with The Bill and their ethnic characters. They dont seem to be very successful.

Danny Glaze, Lance, Yvonne

Of course there are exceptions like rRAmani

LUSHLOOKE69
25-02-2006, 12:02
no mention of amy I see maybe we'll see more of this the week after.

Babe14
28-02-2006, 09:41
Shock Horror !!!! Something else we agree on. I dont knopw what it is with The Bill and their ethnic characters. They dont seem to be very successful.

Danny Glaze, Lance, Yvonne

Of course there are exceptions like rRAmani

Now this is more like it..I disagree!!:lol: I like Yvonne and Danny had his moments also I liked Lance although he came across as a weak character.

Yvonne has got better as time has gone and on and her character is developing nicely now.

Not keen on Ramani can't take to her at all.

Suzi don't like. Zain is an excellent character, also I like Adam now, I didn't at first but as time has gone on and with him being involved more in the action I have grown to like him. Another good character development over a period of time.

alan45
28-02-2006, 09:53
Now this is more like it..I disagree!!:lol: I like Yvonne and Danny had his moments also I liked Lance although he came across as a weak character.

Yvonne has got better as time has gone and on and her character is developing nicely now.

Not keen on Ramani can't take to her at all.

Suzi don't like. Zain is an excellent character, also I like Adam now, I didn't at first but as time has gone on and with him being involved more in the action I have grown to like him. Another good character development over a period of time.

She is a rubbish character who has no respect for authority and is totally unrealistic. She had her own agenda when dealing with that druggie last year. She compromised herself and the job by her irresponsible actions. Anyway what self respecting Police Officer shouts stop police at a villian who is 200 yds away alerting them to the fact so they can be on their toes and away. :thumbsdow

Have to disagree with ou about Ramani. She was a fantastic character and well played by a wonderful actress whose name Im not even ging to try to spell.

And yes I agree with you about the Chinese Detective. She is getting too big for her boots and the sooner she gets her wings clipped the better. I hope she does not get the promotion she is so sure she deserves. Remember what happened to DS Nixon when Phil Hunter led her to believe she had got the DI's job before Shearer arrived at Sun Hill. It was a treat to watch the smile being wiped off her smug face :lol:

Babe14
01-03-2006, 09:26
Oh that would be good and I can just see everyones faces in CID! Although I think I heard a few weeks back whilst watching someone mention that if Suzi was promoted she would have to leave...even better

suziesangel
01-03-2006, 17:00
they look like great episodes... no Suzie though :crying:

$sTaCeY$
06-03-2006, 15:42
sounds great, finally its looking abit better for smithy :cheer: