PDA

View Full Version : Study Help!!

Tannie
20-02-2006, 20:20
I don't know if i've piut this in the right place.

I need advice on how to study i know how to but i can't just get into it and to make matters worse i have exams coming up 3 weeks tomorrow which would make it the 15th of March and i really need to study but don't know how to.

Please help me guys!!

Tanya
x.x.x

di marco
20-02-2006, 20:23
well to start with you should study where there are no distractions, such as the computer or the tv. also you should study for about 30mins then have a 5min break and start again, and try and do a few different subjects a night and not spend hours on the same thing

annaz
Don't make your studying too hard, set your own pace and make it fun. Cramming doesn't work either, there are lots of good websites too.

annaz
Go into a quiet room, no TV or even quiet music. No distractions, good luck!

di marco
20-02-2006, 20:25
quiet music can help you concentrate but you need to make sure it wont disturb you

pops110874
20-02-2006, 23:31
when i have to revise i try to make a revision timetable. this is helpful if you have different subjects to study. Try to take a ten min break every half hour too. Not studying the one subject for more than an hour helps too. :)

CrazyLea
20-02-2006, 23:39
i advise that you dont just read from a book/paper whatever.. and you actually do something, whether its writing, games, whatever you feel comfortable with and what you think helps you to learn.

Tori
21-02-2006, 09:21
try interactive learning on the internet. i think if you have absolutely no distractions, and revise for 25 minute chunks. then have a 15 minutes break and relax. it works for me anyway

annaz
21-02-2006, 18:48
Games or fun websites are good. When I was in Y6 doing my SATs I went on Revisewise and it really helped.

Abi
21-02-2006, 18:54
I actually find that websites dont go into enough depth, and confuse you more, but thats just my opinion.

If i were you, i'd get some kind of voice recorder (if you have an MP3 player, then you might have one on that), and talk some notes into it. Then on the way to school, on the computer, or you can't sleep (whatever the situation), then you can do some revision. It really stays in your memory, but because you're not writing, it doesn't feel like you're working too hard (even though you are) so you do it more often.

It really works :)

di marco
21-02-2006, 20:01
If i were you, i'd get some kind of voice recorder (if you have an MP3 player, then you might have one on that), and talk some notes into it. Then on the way to school, on the computer, or you can't sleep (whatever the situation), then you can do some revision. It really stays in your memory, but because you're not writing, it doesn't feel like you're working too hard (even though you are) so you do it more often.

It really works :)

wow thats a really good idea abi! i wanted to play a revision tape in my sleep when i did my gcses cos apparently you remember things that you hear when youre asleep!

Angeltigger
21-02-2006, 20:56
also if you have a smell when you revise and than you wear that smell when you have that subject Exam than you should remember- it kind of work for me or if you wear the colour that you revise in to your exam than you can remeber more-

but you need someone quite- So no TV, Computer (as there soapboard and you will just want to come on)

Tannie
21-02-2006, 21:03
aw thanks for the help guys.
xx

Behemoth
21-02-2006, 21:47
Here's what I did for my revision:

Break down whatever you're revising into bullet points of the key parts. Make sure the points aren't too long and write them out in Word so they are easier to read.

Try listening to music while you revise. Nothing too extreme, just few decent songs.

Meh
21-02-2006, 23:14
As well as what rob says, I do a tonne of questions. If I get one wrong, I do the whole set again.

Nothing like going through questions to get it into your head.

CrazyLea
21-02-2006, 23:47
i wanted to play a revision tape in my sleep when i did my gcses cos apparently you remember things that you hear when youre asleep!

yeah ive heard that. does anybody know whether it works or not?

feelingyellow
24-02-2006, 20:57
Keep far far away from this place for sure Tanya, I've been trying to do my history essay for 2 weeks but this place keeps distracting me! :lol:
Set some test questions for yourself, and make them on bright pretty cards so it's fun and you remember them! :D

Angeltigger
24-02-2006, 21:15
Keep far far away from this place for sure Tanya, I've been trying to do my history essay for 2 weeks but this place keeps distracting me! :lol:
Set some test questions for yourself, and make them on bright pretty cards so it's fun and you remember them! :DYeah the soapboard alway say come in

feelingyellow
24-02-2006, 21:30
Yeah the soapboard alway say come in

I swear I hear voices saying 'come in ... or you shall pay' :rotfl: :p

Angeltigger
24-02-2006, 21:57
I swear I hear voices saying 'come in ... or you shall pay' :rotfl: :pNo it real- they say come in or you will miss out- well back to the topic