PDA

View Full Version : help iam going mad

twinkle_eyes83
19-02-2006, 00:29
when i found out i was carrying paige my baby i started having really bad dreams about people coming in to my house and getting killed and all sorts but now iam crapping myself i cant sleep and have to see if eveything is locked before i go to sleep i search the house iam crapping myself before i go to sleep just incase someone comes in like im scared? iam scared of the dark which i have been from when i had my first baby in 1999 but now 7 years later its worse and iam getting to the stage where iam to scared to sleep incase someone comes in the house it could be anything from murder to takeing things and i dont now what to do iam shatterd all the time and really i cant be as with the kids

Jojo
19-02-2006, 00:54
Do you sleep on your own??

If I have a nightmare/dream, it tends to be my way of dealing with my fears. So if my hubby is working late, or overnight, I have a routine to go through about an hour before bed time, to make sure that I am happy that everything is turned off, locked etc. I can't sleep with the door open, no way, but once I know the boys are ok, I settle down.

I don't think you are mad at all honey, but try a warm milky drink, get a routine going so you know everything is safe and go to bed when you are tired, not wide awake. You need to train yourself to go to sleep and not panic, if that makes sense.

alkalinetrio
19-02-2006, 14:00
im scared of the dark to always have to make sure the tv or something is on when im on my own always keep my door locked aswell

Jojo
19-02-2006, 14:01
And don't forget what i said last night, about making your bottles up with water and having the milk powder separate - that way you can take them upstairs with you, no need to heat them up and you don't have to go downstairs either :)

leanne27
19-02-2006, 17:01
try reading a nice book brfore you go to sleep, nothing scary though! so you can go to sleep easily