PDA

View Full Version : The New Wicks' - What do you think?

pops110874
17-02-2006, 23:20
Hi everyone

As both kevin and carly wicks made their debuts on tonights episode - just wanted to find out what everyone thought?

Is it just me or does it feel as if phil daniels has been there for years?

Too early to tell on carly methinks considering she was only onscreen for about five seconds! :cool:

littlemo
17-02-2006, 23:25
I liked Kevin. There are a few similarities to him and Frank, which may be why you feel he has been in it for a long time. I also got a bit of a Den vibe.

He seems like a real cockney and gets on well with people. And he's very protective of his children. A good solid family unit I think.

callummc
18-02-2006, 00:06
the dad seems like hes gonna be good,havn't ssen the daughters acting abilitys yet so i'll wait till next week to comment on her,only one worry any actor is only as good has his lines so we'll have to wait and see if he's still good when he gets bad storylines

Johnny Allen
18-02-2006, 07:45
Im liking Kevin a right jack the lad type, something EE needs, besides I have always liked Phil Daniels in anything he does so I guess I was bound to like Kevin on first impressions anyway.

Florijo
18-02-2006, 08:47
I like him so far, I just hope he gets some decent material to work with *stares at EE writers and storyliners*

Bryan
18-02-2006, 09:37
im liking kevin! hes has elements of Frank Butcher and Del Boy Trotter about him, true cockny and just what the show needs, love hows hes already integrated himself with the men of walford, minty and gary etc

as for carly i cant really say yet, but her pictures look confident and shes described as a fiesty bitch...just what we need since janine left theres been no one for that role...hopefully tough she doesnt dissapoint

callummc
18-02-2006, 23:54
anyone see them on soccer am this morningys,the guy who plays kevin seems just like his charector,he was funny,also the girl who'l play carly was on and perry fenwick

x Amby x
19-02-2006, 09:58
I liked Kevin, but Carlys to early to tell as she wasn't on for that long!

leanne27
19-02-2006, 11:57
cant believe i missed it will have to watch omnibus today, was it a good ep though?

CrazyLea
19-02-2006, 12:10
i liked kevin thought he was good. im sure he'll be a great asset.

and i never noticed carly to be honest cause i wasnt really paying attention. so i'll get back to that.

Katy
19-02-2006, 12:50
i missed it as well. They seemed nice though when i saw a clip on Soccer AM. I must catch the end of the omnbus.

Xx-Vicky-xX
19-02-2006, 14:48
I really like Deano there is alot of David in him i think. I didnt think i would like Kevin but i do and the comment about it seeming like he has been there forever is very true within 5 mins he was chatting to the entire pub as if they had know him for years. I dont know about Carly yet but from what ive heard it looks like she is going to cause alot of problems but ill decide in the coming weeks.

x Amby x
19-02-2006, 15:28
I like all of the New additions to the Wicks family, i think they're a good asset to the Square.! xxx

leanne27
19-02-2006, 17:13
just seen the omnibus, i really like Kevin, he will be a popular character

~*~Leanne~*~
21-02-2006, 20:02
i think the new wicks are cool kevin is a cool character and so is carly

Chris_2k11
21-02-2006, 20:06
I honestly can't stand the lot of them. :thumbsdow

Florijo
21-02-2006, 20:10
I'm not sure about them. I'm not really keen on Deano and I'm not sure on Kevin or Carly. I don't dislike Kevin or Carly, but I don't like them either.

littlemo
21-02-2006, 20:22
I was really starting to look at Nico tonight, he's really gorgeous and seems to be a very sweet guy. It's an interesting relationship they've got with him and Carly, they seem like chalk and cheese. I think they could be good together.

Florijo
21-02-2006, 20:34
I don't think Nico is a permanent character, is he? It seems as though they want to concentrate on the three of them (four if you include Pat) rather than Carly and her husband.

littlemo
21-02-2006, 20:47
I don't think Nico is a permanent character, is he? It seems as though they want to concentrate on the three of them (four if you include Pat) rather than Carly and her husband.

I think he might be because it seems that him and Carly are in love, and that Nico is finally ready to stand up for himself. I reckon Carly will say that she's willing to make a go of their marriage if they are able to live in the square, away from his family. That way they will get rid of the other characters, and just leave themselves with the 4 of them.

Bryan
21-02-2006, 22:16
i really like carley she is fantastic! fiesty yet sensative! shes good looking aswell...which helps! :lol:

kevin is just perfection, he fits into the show supebrly and hes only been in it for 3 episodes! i loved his handling of the "cupid" statue, and then starting the family punch up!

the wicks have a big thumbs up from me!!!

Siobhan
22-02-2006, 10:09
don't like Deano (cant act looks bad)
Carly reminds me too much of franks daughter Diane
Like Kevin alot "parklife" (sorry but it all i think about when i see him)

alan45
22-02-2006, 11:18
Simply put They are Wick by name and WICK Characters :)

Siobhan
22-02-2006, 11:26
Simply put They are Wick by name and WICK Characters :)

as in they get on your wicks? they are bad. Simon and David were at least good actors

alan45
22-02-2006, 11:35
as in they get on your wicks? they are bad. Simon and David were at least good actors

Wick as in pitiful. Its a local bit of slang. e.g. Liverpool played fairly wick last night :rotfl:

Richie_lecturer
22-02-2006, 11:36
Yes. Bring back Michael French and Nick Berry. Stuff the Mitchells.

BlackKat
22-02-2006, 16:14
I don't like them. :thumbsdow Phil Daniels is just hamming it up, I don't know what the hell Kellie Shirley is doing, but it's monotonous, and when Deano is the best character in the room it's time to start worrying.

dddMac1
22-02-2006, 16:18
i don't really like the new Wicks

diamond1
22-02-2006, 21:39
i lie the wicks theyre quite good not THAT BAD

stacyefc
23-02-2006, 00:19
i like deano he's gorgeous and i think he is a good character in it.

carly and her dad seem ok aswell although that little meeting thing was abit stupid.

DaVeyWaVey
24-02-2006, 16:03
I only seen a bit of Kevin last week and thought he was a great character. Have not seen any of the other characters yet though but i will catch Eastenders tonight and the omnibus on sunday as well :)

dddMac1
24-02-2006, 16:05
after watching last nights episode they seem ok

Katy
24-02-2006, 17:04
i quite like them i like Carlys husband as well. The Square need a gobby lady as there all leavings/

stacyefc
24-02-2006, 17:10
yeah i reckon carly will be good in it. her and deano acted like a normal borther and sister would in last nights one

crazygirl
24-02-2006, 21:13
GET RID OF THEM! THEY CANT ACT FOR TOFFEE!!

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-02-2006, 21:14
I like Deano keep him but please do us all a favour and get rid of Carly and Kevin

Florijo
24-02-2006, 21:16
Hate them all!! I thought Kevin was okay in his first episode but not anymore. Hate Deano, hate Kevin, hate Carly, please go away, go away now.

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-02-2006, 21:17
The only reason i have a problem with Deano is becuase of something he did when he first arrived but other than that i love him

DaVeyWaVey
24-02-2006, 21:45
After tonight's episode, i like all of the Wicks clan :)

BlackKat
24-02-2006, 21:51
I don't really mind Deano although I think he needs to show a deeper side to his character, but I hate the way he gets away with things. Drugs Stacey -- gets let off. Lies about his dad -- gets let off. It's like just because he's got a pretty face he can just get away with things which I think is the wrong impression to give. He should have gotten in serious trouble for the drugging, especially as the policewoman was giving Bradley such a hard time. If I'd ever been a victim of having by drink spiked I'd have been pissed as hell to see Deano just get off with a slap on the wrist and a "Don't do it again." Stacey could have gotten seriously hurt but it's okay because he's got a pretty face. :angry:

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-02-2006, 21:55
I like him alot i agree about him etting away with thngs but i dont think its his face that does it he is just cheeky

BlackKat
24-02-2006, 22:02
I like him alot i agree about him etting away with thngs but i dont think its his face that does it he is just cheeky

I don't think that's a good excuse though -- he did something wrong that could have had disasterous consequences, he should pay for it no matter how cheeky he is. I wouldn't mind as much, but he obviously hasn't learnt from it, and nobody else seems to mind either. It makes it very hard for me to sympathise with the character.

DaVeyWaVey
25-02-2006, 18:53
I don't really mind Deano although I think he needs to show a deeper side to his character, but I hate the way he gets away with things. Drugs Stacey -- gets let off. Lies about his dad -- gets let off. It's like just because he's got a pretty face he can just get away with things which I think is the wrong impression to give. He should have gotten in serious trouble for the drugging, especially as the policewoman was giving Bradley such a hard time. If I'd ever been a victim of having by drink spiked I'd have been pissed as hell to see Deano just get off with a slap on the wrist and a "Don't do it again." Stacey could have gotten seriously hurt but it's okay because he's got a pretty face. :angry:

I have to agree with you about Deano getting away with so many things. I think it's really unrealistic about how he got away with spiking Stacey's drink and i can't believe that he got away with telling Pat that his dad was dead. I even swear that Pat laughed of the idea that Deano made up his dad's death in last night's episode :rolleyes:

Debs
25-02-2006, 19:22
the new wicks are awful, im not liking them at all at the moment, but they are new so hopefully they will get better soon, dont like deano at all

megan999
12-03-2006, 18:44
I agree with other people re: Deano. He gets away with murder, so to speak. I mean, the first episode he was in he stole flowers from where Dennis was murdered. He should have been charged when he spiked Stacey's drink but all he gets is a slap on the wrist. The only thing good about him is that he's easy on the eye. His acting is not v.good.

I like Kevin, he is so laid back.

I like Carly as well. I hope she does well at the garage. Hope she doesn't just end up working at the Queen Vic. Hope she ends up with Garry. I think they're sweet together. Her husband and his family have disappeared?? Wonder if they were just temporary?