PDA

View Full Version : Joe's secret!

littlemo
07-02-2006, 14:52
I read on Digital Spy that it says on one of the tv guides out today that Joe's secret is that he killed his wife (euthanasia). I think this must be the announcement Megan (his daughter) makes to Pauline.

Debs
07-02-2006, 14:59
well i hope that pauline dosent ditch joe because of it then

Siobhan
07-02-2006, 15:12
I don't think she will.. she is stil friends with Dot and I am sure she know that Dot helped Ethel to die.. Maybe Megan is just stiring it

dddMac1
07-02-2006, 15:45
Pauline and Joe should stay together, Pauline should understand why he did it after dot and Ethel

shannisrules
07-02-2006, 16:28
why shuld pauline understand? he might have murdered her it doesnt say he helped her to die like dot did with ethel it says he killed his wife

littlemo
07-02-2006, 18:11
why shuld pauline understand? he might have murdered her it doesnt say he helped her to die like dot did with ethel it says he killed his wife

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I put euthanasia in brackets, next to where I told you Joe killed his wife. He helped his wife to die like Dot helped Ethel to die, it wasn't murder (not cold blooded anyway).

Pauline will understand, she marries him eventually.

Cornishbabe
07-02-2006, 18:50
It shouldnt afect pauline.Maybe she wil be shocked at first but once its settled in she will realise its the same as dot did with ethel

leanne27
07-02-2006, 18:57
Joe's not exactly the kind of perosn to murder someone so he probably did it as an act of kidness if you know what i mean, pauline should be ok with it as dot did exactly the same with ethel, by the way does pauline know about that or has dot kept it a secret?

DaVeyWaVey
07-02-2006, 19:05
oooh i had no idea that this was his secret. I thought it was just that he had a daughter called Megan lol. I had no idea that it was this :eek:

~*~Leanne~*~
07-02-2006, 19:08
what is euthanasia and i didn't even know that joe had a secret

DaVeyWaVey
07-02-2006, 19:17
what is euthanasia and i didn't even know that joe had a secret

I think it is some kind of disease. It says in this week's What's On TV magazine that he has a secret. I didn't realise it was this though.

Lizzie Brookes
07-02-2006, 20:04
painless killing to relieve suffering: the act or practice of killing somebody who has an incurable illness or injury, or allowing or assisting that person to die.
Euthanasia is illegal in most countries.

bevanuk
07-02-2006, 21:58
I think it is some kind of disease.

:rotfl:
That made me giggle!!!

Its the selfless act of killing someone who wishes to die!

littlemo
07-02-2006, 22:41
painless killing to relieve suffering: the act or practice of killing somebody who has an incurable illness or injury, or allowing or assisting that person to die.
Euthanasia is illegal in most countries.

I think it's illegal in this country, but doctors still do it. They are allowed to give people enough pain killers to relieve suffering, and if that kills them then that's o.k.

I don't think the police take much notice of it either. Dot came and confessed when Ethel died, and the officers just sent Dot away.

I don't think they can ever make it legal, because there's a fine line between murder and euthanasia, but there's definetely cases where the law shouldn't be involved. It's the individuals choice.

Florijo
08-02-2006, 09:00
The Dot/Ethel storyline was one of the best storylines that EE has ever done. June Brown played a blinder and it was so moving watching her shoplifting on purpose just so that she could be sent to jail.

It says on the EE website that Joe's wife died of cancer so I would guess that his wife was never going to get better and he proberly gave her painkillers or something so that she would die.

I think Dot and Pauline would be understanding as they would know that it is not a decision that it ever taken likely.

Although it was to relieve her suffering, it seems that Joe can be added to the list of EE killers along with Dot, Martin, Pat and Phil.

crazygirl
08-02-2006, 09:49
I think it's illegal in this country, but doctors still do it. They are allowed to give people enough pain killers to relieve suffering, and if that kills them then that's o.k.

I don't think the police take much notice of it either. Dot came and confessed when Ethel died, and the officers just sent Dot away.

I don't think they can ever make it legal, because there's a fine line between murder and euthanasia, but there's definetely cases where the law shouldn't be involved. It's the individuals choice.DOCTORS ARE NOT ALOWED TO KILL ANYONE IN ENGLAND IF THEY DID THEY WOULD BE UP FOR MURDER

littlemo
08-02-2006, 14:21
DOCTORS ARE NOT ALOWED TO KILL ANYONE IN ENGLAND IF THEY DID THEY WOULD BE UP FOR MURDER

It's not murder. Doctors are allowed to give patients enough pain killers for them not to be in pain. If they die in the process, it's not murder.

I know one or two people that have had cancer, who've died in this way.

diamond1
08-02-2006, 16:00
oh dear

all i can say is oh dear why is everyone on that square in some way or another a killer

i can see more coming stacy actually pushed her dad of that building
jane strangled her ex-husband
the new peter and lucy killed the old peter and lucy

ok in all fairness joes did for the right(?) reasons but it just makes nearly everyone in walford a killer

at this rate all the cast will be on lost having flashbacks

deadlyvampiress
08-02-2006, 22:02
It's not murder. Doctors are allowed to give patients enough pain killers for them not to be in pain. If they die in the process, it's not murder.

I know one or two people that have had cancer, who've died in this way.

Yeah, as long as the primary goal is to ease pain doctors can up the dosage of a pain killer and if it kills the patient in the process then is no crime because the intention was to stop the pain not kill the pateint. Euthanasia is illlegal everywhere in the world except in Holland.

megan999
12-03-2006, 18:17
Joe told Dot he couldn't drive the minibus. He decided not to do it cos on the insurance form it said do you have any criminal convictions. Wonder what he's been up to?

shannisrules
12-03-2006, 18:20
well wasnt he and his mate bert in prison is that how they met? so they must have done something against the law

leanne27
13-03-2006, 17:47
i really want to know what his "secret" is it cant be too bad cause Joe is a really nice character

freelancedude
13-03-2006, 18:04
he has fraud convictions and thats why he told bert that if anyone asked then he was a building person

the_watts_rule
13-03-2006, 18:16
I hope him and Pauline stay together. He's the only thing that makes her smile.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
13-03-2006, 18:51
And I thought he was going to be the only one.. but then he was in prison.. now this :eek: Why can't we have a normal character with no shady past or is just normal like most of us?!

x Amby x
14-03-2006, 14:30
In Inside Soap it says that Bert and Joe burgled someones house, Bert got caught by the police and Joe got away.

Kim
14-03-2006, 17:46

I don't think they can ever make it legal, because there's a fine line between murder and euthanasia, but there's definetely cases where the law shouldn't be involved. It's the individuals choice.

I thought Dot ended up in trouble with the law because of it :confused:

Kim
14-03-2006, 17:50
I hope him and Pauline stay together. He's the only thing that makes her smile.

I read that Pauline is shocked when Joe reveales he has convictions for fraud and robbery but does forgive him. I haven't heard anything about him helping his wife to die, but if it's true I'm sure she'll understand.

crazygirl
14-03-2006, 18:23
it says in 'whats on tv' mag that bert gets with mo and he tells her about him and joe been in prison for burglary

pinkles14
14-03-2006, 21:40
Mo harris rips opens berts shirt and discovers a green prison tattoo.. bert has been in prison for burglary ( 10 Years) Joe was Berts accomplice bert got caught joe got away and he would not rat on his friend which is why joe is now in his debt...

Source Inside soap

BlackKat
14-03-2006, 21:46
But then why is Joe panicking about his criminal record coming out with this insurance form -- if he got away, he won't have been convicted of anything. :searchme:

alkalinetrio
15-03-2006, 00:33
hes probly has been convicted but the last job maybe bert didnt grass him up:P

megan999
16-03-2006, 13:38
In Inside Soap it says that Bert and Joe burgled someones house, Bert got caught by the police and Joe got away.

Someone on this forum said the actor who plays Bert says he won't be staying in EE. Wonder what will make him go away? When he was drinking himself stupid with Martin, moaning about his partner who had an affair it made me laugh. I am not hating Bert as much as I did at the beginning. :D

I am also getting used to Joe's character too. First I thought he was far too smiley and happy to fit into EE, and now he's not so happy, so he's blending in more now :rotfl:

eastenders mad
17-03-2006, 14:31
thats was funny like but people do say stupid things when they are drunk.

zippo
17-03-2006, 18:19
joe ko kisi nay mara nahi....,so joe went to prison for killing his wife via euthanasia.

crazygirl
18-03-2006, 13:57
joe ko kisi nay mara nahi....,so joe went to prison for killing his wife via euthanasia.he was in for burglary wasn't he?

fareehab4ne1
20-03-2006, 20:54
I thought that he had done fraud or something?

crazygirl
21-03-2006, 09:06
i read in the tv mag that it was burgalry

Jojo
21-03-2006, 09:13
I read that it was burglary aswell Crazygirl....