PDA

View Full Version : Bin-dy Miller Enders pair

Florijo
03-02-2006, 09:45
EASTENDERS stars Gerry Cowper and Shana Swash are being chopped.
The pair — who play mum and daughter Rosie and Demi Miller — were stunned after being told the news yesterday.

They will leave in the summer after bosses came up with a “massive” exit storyline for them — which has yet to be revealed.

But the rest of their on-screen family are staying put in Albert Square — including Shana’s real-life brother Joe Swash, 23, who was gutted at the news.

An EastEnders spokesman said last night: “Gerry and Shana have been enormous assets and go with our best wishes.”

Shana, 15, and Gerry, 47, came as part of the rabble-rousing Millers in 2004 to join Mickey, played by Joe.

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2006050628,00.html

:angry: :angry: :mad: :mad:

What are hell are you doing EE?!?!?!?!?!?!

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 09:55
Good riddance to bad bad rubbish. :cheer: Shame they didn't axe the rest of the family while they were at it. :rolleyes:

Chloe O'brien
03-02-2006, 09:57
how can they get rid of half a family are they going to kill them off why not just get rid of the whole family cause the millers won't have many storylines once the rosie and demi leave and they will just get boring

Florijo
03-02-2006, 10:07
I'm very annoyed at this. Gerry Cowper is a good actress, and whilst some people may not like the family, they are a proper family unit. Axing Rosie means that Keith will proberly join Garry and Minty in LoserVille. If they had to axe a Miller, why could they not have axed Mickey or Dawn, two of the worst family members, IMO. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can't see Rosie leaving without Darren, and if Rosie was leaving with Mike then Dawn would go with her as I can't see her wanting to stay with Keith. This leads me to conclude that Walford graveyard may be getting some new residents. :mad: :mad:

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 10:09
In fairness Rosie was the only one with potential, as Gerry Cowper is a good actress. However I hated her character. I'm surprised they got rid of her though. I would have thought axing Keith would liven up the family a bit.

brenda1971
03-02-2006, 10:10
How can you split up darren and Demi. I thought that if Rosie went she would take the twins with her.

Florijo
03-02-2006, 10:12
How can you split up darren and Demi. I thought that if Rosie went she would take the twins with her.

By killing one of them off. Simple. :mad: :mad:

Jojo
03-02-2006, 10:12
I think you could be right there Florijo - there is no way that Rosie would leave with just one of the twins, which must mean yet another visit to the cemetary. Why couldn't Keith have gone instead/aswell - can't stand the guy. I am glad they have left Mickey in though, as he was there in his own right before the family arrived and I think he can (if written right) have some really good comic moments - shame we haven't had much good script writing from them lately though :(

Florijo
03-02-2006, 10:26
I have no great liking of the Millers as individuals but they were a good family unit and after all the work they have done in building up families like the Slaters/Mitchells/Brannings etc, the producers go and pull a stunt like this and destroy an existing family. It just does not make sense.

I'm fast giving up on EE to be honest. It feels like some sort of teen show run by a load of idiots with crap writers and characters that change personality depending on the current storyline.

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 10:29
It's turning into Hollyoaks. :eek:

BlackKat
03-02-2006, 10:31
Out of the two twins Darren is my favourite, and I think the father/son relationship with him and Keith is very well portrayed. Demi's come across as a bit of a spare part ever since Leo died. So in terms of the seperate characters I'm not that bothered about Demi, and am glad Darren is staying. However Rosie is brilliant and played by a fantastic actress.

The Millers are a solid family unit, including Demi (splitting the twins up will be a mistake I think) and that's the bit I love about that. Not to mention they are the only family on the Square that is an actual mum+dad+kids family, which I like. I think this is a huge mistake.

And what's with all the single guys anyway? If we add Keith to the mix we'll have, I think, 12 (assuming none of them get girlfriends or leave between now and then.)

I also agree it sounds strange that if Rosie left she would only take one kid with her. I hope they don't kill them off.

Not at all happy about this. :thumbsdow

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 10:33
Who will clean the Vic toilets now?

Florijo
03-02-2006, 10:37
Who will clean the Vic toilets now?

The writers and the producers should do it, that is all they are good for anyway. :mad:

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 10:38
Maybe Phil needs to stick the heads of the writers and producers down bogs, rather than Squeal Beale.

crazygirl
03-02-2006, 11:06
well im not to bothered really but cant they take dawn with them!

chance
03-02-2006, 11:09
great news,could have taken keith with them though

Bryan
03-02-2006, 11:09
Theres two sides to this...finally these are reducing the miller clan! And finally little chav demi is to leave! but Rosie! if i had to save anyone out of that useless family it would be Rosie! She has fantastic acting potential! Shes just brillaint!

Daren, Mickey and Keith just do my head in so why are they staying. Eastenders break up families and leave loads of singletons rooming walford with no storylines... gary and minty being prime examples!

Gerry Cowper is a legend! How dare they! I am outraged by this decision! :angry:

Hopefully Mike comes back again and she goes, and asks the twins to come with her but only Demi accepts. :searchme: Will be intresting to see how this pans out.

no1abbafan
03-02-2006, 11:11
How come they haven't axed Dawn, a complete waste of space if you ask me.

Bryan
03-02-2006, 11:14
How come they haven't axed Dawn, a complete waste of space if you ask me.

she adds a bit of flavour to the show and she has potential for relationships with either Martin or Jake as has been hinted in the show. She adds a bit of glamour to the show...which the shows lacking these days. And plus shes part of the producers grand scheme of "sexing up" the show, so i doubt they will let her go yet.

kirsty_g
03-02-2006, 11:27
i like demi and rosie the millers wont be the same without them

JustJodi
03-02-2006, 11:27
Dawn came in a different time and probably will eventually leave when her contract expires. I can only see her staying unless she extends her contract or has a super duper story line written just for her. Its a shame that Rosie is leaving, Gerri is a great actress, Now what is to become of Keef ??? Who is gonna take care of the poor ol boy:rotfl:

Chris_2k11
03-02-2006, 11:33
It's turning into Hollyoaks. :eek:You take that back! :angry: :p

alan45
03-02-2006, 11:53
Im delighted that the Beeb have made a start of getting rid of two of the Manky Millers. Surely it can only be a matter of time before the rest of them follow suit. I wonder will they leave in,

a. An Ice Cream Van
b. The Ubiquitous Black Cab
c. A hearse

JustJodi
03-02-2006, 12:01
alan45]Im delighted that the Beeb have made a start of getting rid of two of the Manky Millers. Surely it can only be a matter of time before the rest of them follow suit. I wonder will they leave in,

a. An Ice Cream Van

b. The Ubiquitous Black Cab

c. A hearse

hmm or last seen hitching a ride at the end of town since they were skint .

eastenders mad
03-02-2006, 12:03
i thought they were all really good. so is the rest of the millers staying then.
I wonder how they are both going to go rosie will probably go and find Mike and live with him.
But i don't know how Demi will go.

tammyy2j
03-02-2006, 12:14
What a same Demi and Rosie were alright characters and Demi was really good with the Leo stuff. The only Miller character i can't stand is Dawn she should be left go.

How are they going to get rid of Demi and Rosie it must be death related since Rosie and Demi wouldn't leave Darren and Aleesha.

sarah21
03-02-2006, 12:29
she adds a bit of flavour to the show and she has potential for relationships with either Martin or Jake as has been hinted in the show. She adds a bit of glamour to the show...which the shows lacking these days. And plus shes part of the producers grand scheme of "sexing up" the show, so i doubt they will let her go yet.

You see, that is exactly the sort of thing that drives me mad. So what if she is attractive. The woman is a dreadful actress and the character is selfish, spoilt and nasty. A complete waste of time. However, they axe Gerry and young Shana who can perform when needed. Okay, Shana isn't the best but she is definitely better than Louisa and if a young girl has to go, she should be it. My only criteria for an actress is that she can act and Kara Tointon is appalling.

I know Dawn is probably destined to be with Martin for the 2 minutes that that will last but who cares? Very few people like Dawn, unless they are young boys and think she is 'fit'. But hey, she is pretty, so that makes it alright then...

I'm really mad about this decision. To break up the one real family is a big mistake imo. Once they start messing about with them like this, it is never the same.

BlackKat
03-02-2006, 12:39
Apparently Radio 1 has said they've been told it's a happy ending for the pair. :confused: So they obviously don't die -- but they leave their family. How is that happy?

Florijo
03-02-2006, 12:43
Apparently Radio 1 has said they've been told it's a happy ending for the pair. :confused: So they obviously don't die -- but they leave their family. How is that happy?

It will be some contrived nonsense that involves several personality changes from all characters involved. :rolleyes:

callummc
03-02-2006, 12:57
firstly i must say i'm sorry for the actresse's its sad that their losing their jobs,but for my point of veiw as a veiwer i'm glad the millers were OK to start with ,loud in a trailer trash way,but now their just boring,and rosie's whinging makes me want to turn off,the family have not worked,veiwers dont care about them,except for a small minority,having had said that seeing as most of us dont care i dont see how they can have an explosive exit,i just hope they dont kill em cos if they do we'll have to endure weeks of the rest of the millers over acted crying scenes,now that would be a turn off

Chris_2k11
03-02-2006, 12:59
EASTENDERS stars Gerry Cowper and Shana Swash are being chopped.
The pair — who play mum and daughter Rosie and Demi Miller — were stunned after being told the news yesterday.

They will leave in the summer after bosses came up with a “massive” exit storyline for them — which has yet to be revealed.

But the rest of their on-screen family are staying put in Albert Square — including Shana’s real-life brother Joe Swash, 23, who was gutted at the news.

An EastEnders spokesman said last night: “Gerry and Shana have been enormous assets and go with our best wishes.”

Shana, 15, and Gerry, 47, came as part of the rabble-rousing Millers in 2004 to join Mickey, played by Joe.

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2001320029-2006050628,00.html

:angry: :angry: :mad: :mad:

What are hell are you doing EE?!?!?!?!?!?!Wow... im quite shocked about this. I honestly didn't see this one coming...

Cornishbabe
03-02-2006, 13:02
oes that mean aleshia is staying. thats stupid. how can they write demi off. I dot mind rosie but demi

JustJodi
03-02-2006, 13:22
I am a little confused here gang ( but thats normal for me right) wasn't there a talk just a bit ago that Keith and Rosie were finally gonna tie the knot.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

BlackKat
03-02-2006, 13:26
I am a little confused here gang ( but thats normal for me right) wasn't there a talk just a bit ago that Keith and Rosie were finally gonna tie the knot.. :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I don't think that was ever a spoiler -- either just speculation, or a rumour without a source.

Jada-GDR
03-02-2006, 13:26
thats really odd. i think theyre the best miller characters (apart from mickey :heart: ) bad, bad ee! :nono:

JustJodi
03-02-2006, 13:30
I don't think that was ever a spoiler -- either just speculation, or a rumour without a source.
Thanks for that BK I was begining to think I was "hearing voices" in my head. Speculation is more like it...THANKS

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 14:17
It IS true. I had it confirmed by my moles at the Beeb this morning, it has been confirmed on BBC Radio 1 and it has been confirmed by an EE spokesperson.

P.S. The two Manky Millers depart during the summer with a 'happy' ending. By this I assume Demi passes her driving test in the ice cream van with Rosie as the instructor, only to be killed instantly when a cardboard funfair falls on them, crushing their vehicle.

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 14:18
You take that back! :angry: :p

No Birks I will not. :p :moonie:

kirsty_g
03-02-2006, 14:40
do you think aleesha will die to

Chris_2k11
03-02-2006, 15:28
No Birks I will not. :p :moonie: :crying: :crying: :crying: :p

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 15:29
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Snowboy
03-02-2006, 15:30
It IS true. I had it confirmed by my moles at the Beeb this morning, it has been confirmed on BBC Radio 1 and it has been confirmed by an EE spokesperson.

P.S. The two Manky Millers depart during the summer with a 'happy' ending. By this I assume Demi passes her driving test in the ice cream van with Rosie as the instructor, only to be killed instantly when a cardboard funfair falls on them, crushing their vehicle.
:rotfl: !

I think if anyone had to go it should be Keith. He is useless.

Richie_lecturer
03-02-2006, 15:38
Confirmed by Auntie Beeb. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20060203.shtml)

Demi and Rosie are on their way.

Florijo
03-02-2006, 15:38
From the EE website.

"We can confirm that Gerry Cowper (Rosie) and Shana Swash (Demi) will be leaving the show later this year. A spokesman said: "Gerry and Shana have been enormous assets and go with our best wishes. Their roles have come to their natural end."

:rolleyes:

Siobhan
03-02-2006, 15:39
From the EE website.

"We can confirm that Gerry Cowper (Rosie) and Shana Swash (Demi) will be leaving the show later this year. A spokesman said: "Gerry and Shana have been enormous assets and go with our best wishes. Their roles have come to their natural end."

richie just got there before you

alan45
03-02-2006, 15:41
From the EE website.

Their roles have come to their natural end."

There a quite a few others on EE whose roles have come to a natural end. Charlie Slater, Minty, Gary, Keef Millar, The Chuckle Brothers :)

lollymay
03-02-2006, 15:41
no way. they are axing two of there best acrors of the show - why cant they axe someone like niomi shes useless.

dddMac1
03-02-2006, 15:45
can't believe their been axed i liked Demi

alan45
03-02-2006, 15:46
no way. they are axing two of there best acrors of the show - why cant they axe someone like niomi shes useless.

:eek: If these are two of the best actors on the show its no wonder EE is in the state it is. You cant even begin to compare them with the likes of Pam St Clements or June Brown. :eek:

Kim
03-02-2006, 15:46
Darren and Rosie maybe, but how can you get rid of Demi EE??? She clearly has talant as an actress.

Florijo
03-02-2006, 15:54
They should be getting rid of Naomi, Juley, Gus, Garry, Minty and Charlie. All of them do naff all and are as boring as hell. The Millers are not my favourites but to sack two and them and leave the likes of Naomi and Juley around the Square is pure madness.

lollymay
03-02-2006, 15:56
its going to be eastenders loss really when shana goes on to better things though. i bet the bosses will kick themselves when the realise what a huge mistake they have made.

squillyfer
03-02-2006, 16:10
how can ee do this they are losing pretty much the two best millers. It makes sense that the only exit story for them is death but what about little aleesha and if they were going to get rid of a miller why couldnt it have been stupid dawn

BlackKat
03-02-2006, 16:14
How can they say Demi and Rosie have come to "a natural end," when they are bringing characters in like Naomi that reached their natural end before they even had their unnatural beginning.

x Amby x
03-02-2006, 16:19
Can't believe Shanas leaving, she was a great addition to the show and a fine actress!

Em
03-02-2006, 16:34
It seems silly to get rid of two of a family like that!

I woudl rather Keith left!!

Mindy
03-02-2006, 16:36
Good riddance to bad bad rubbish. :cheer: Shame they didn't axe the rest of the family while they were at it. :rolleyes:

lol thats true actually there was no point in bringing in the Millers!! :cheer: they are going!!

lollymay
03-02-2006, 16:36
at least if they have to leave give them a really good exit not a stupid one and a plot that might seem slightly realistic not like the supposed danny is dead/not dead rubbish.

crazygirl
03-02-2006, 16:38
i think they will be killed off

Florijo
03-02-2006, 16:48
There are two possible exit storylines here.

1) They both die
2) Rosie decides to leave her family (maybe to get back with Mike) and Demi decides to go with her

Both completly stupid considering the amount of deaths in EE (if they die) and the fact that just recently Rosie decided that family was more important to her and she could not be with Mike (if they leave alive).

Katy
03-02-2006, 16:52
i like Demi. I always thought she was the better out of the two twins. I also think its a pity the rest opf the clan arent going as well.

i_love_matt!
03-02-2006, 16:54
WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe they are doing this!!!

Tannie
03-02-2006, 17:11
That's a shame and i liked Demi to. They can't just take away mum and Daughter and leave the rest and what's going to happen to Aleesha?

Siobhan
03-02-2006, 17:21
I am only going to assume that Rosie decides to leave Keith and asks the twin to go with her but only Demi does with the baby.. Darren probably stays with keith and mickey is old enough to stay on his own.. but if that is the case, wouldn't dawn go too????

DaVeyWaVey
03-02-2006, 17:44
WHAT?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't believe they are doing this!!!

Neither can i. This is a very bad decision imo. Why do they want Rosie and Demi to leave? The Millers won't be the same without them and there's still a lot of potential to come from these characters imo. Rosie shone a week ago with the Mike/Keith leaving her storyline and Demi shone in the storyline involving Leo........and now Eastenders decide to do this :mad: Very bad decision EE!! :mad:

crazygirl
03-02-2006, 18:35
what about Alisha is going too?

xXxJessxXx
03-02-2006, 19:02
I have a feeling they will die. I cant see them just getting into the back of a taxi (or any other kind of transport of EE suddenly have a brain wave!) to leave Mickey, Dawn, Darren and Keith behind. Not to mention poor little aleesha! They are such a tight family i cant see two of them going with out the others!

Im not to keen on Rosie's character, but when she had the emotion seens with Dot about her mum I really wamred to her. I've loved Demi from the start but do admit she's going down hill but i put that down to lack of air time. Give her a good story and she's great!

Looks like a rocky end for these two then. cant see any other realistic way myself. But then this is EE! :D

DaVeyWaVey
03-02-2006, 19:04
It is just a shame that they are going. A bad decision imo :(

hayley
03-02-2006, 20:34
:eek: they are the best half of the miller family!

lollymay
03-02-2006, 20:36
i feel sorry for aleesha - if they kill demi off she will be an orphan

x~*Sexy~Amy*~x
03-02-2006, 22:21
they cant go they are the best millers along with mickey if they wanted to get rid of someone they should have got kieth and darren! shana and gerry are great actresses!

Crazy Gal 88
03-02-2006, 22:29
glad they are going - they get on my nerves but i wish the rest of them would go as well!

Penguin8191
03-02-2006, 22:46
oh my god! i cannot believe this! i love shana swash she is a great actress esp with the whole leo storyline! i hope they make their exit realstic though like how could they leave the rest of their familt behind? i think they must die! :crying:

lollymay
03-02-2006, 22:47
i was thinking about this and i reckon that it will be something like a car crash or something.

crazygirl
03-02-2006, 22:49
i would put money on that their going to die it obvious anyway because they wouldnt leave leash behind and they wouldnt leave darren!! i would honestly put money on a bet that there killed off

samantha nixon
03-02-2006, 22:54
demi is the best miller and they get rid of her

feelingyellow
03-02-2006, 22:58
This is just stupid!
Gerry and Shana are both great actresses - and how have their characters 'run their course'? Demi is a teenager growing up she could have all sorts of problems! Rosie could have another affair after Keith goes back to being lazy again, or maybe they could bring back Clint and we discover something very shocking about their childhood. Anything! They've only been there a year and certainly have not run their course!
In my opinion, Sharon Watts ran her course long, long ago - but they would never get rid of her because she was another one of the 'old favourites'! :angry:
I hope they change their mind when they realise how many people would miss them!

Kim
03-02-2006, 23:25
I don't think I'd miss Rosie that mich, with or without Clint.

Luna
04-02-2006, 09:06
oh wonder how they are going to do that

i_luv_dennis
04-02-2006, 09:29
what are eastenders thinking demi is great and rosie they are getting rid of every one.

lollymay
04-02-2006, 09:31
eastenders bosses really need to think - they are getting rid of all the good people who have real talent and are popular but leaving the ones who cant act to save there life and are unpopular.

Kim
04-02-2006, 10:14
eastenders bosses really need to think - they are getting rid of all the good people who have real talent and are popular but leaving the ones who cant act to save there life and are unpopular.

With the exception of a few charactrers, I agree. EastEnders obviously want more bad ratings.

~*~Leanne~*~
04-02-2006, 10:34
i think demi is a great character and it will be a shame to see them both go

Cheesy~bananas
04-02-2006, 12:42
oh no i liked them cant they get rid of darren and keith they really dont do anything for the show :cartman: :thumbsdow

sbbb_laurence
04-02-2006, 12:51
With the exception of a few charactrers, I agree. EastEnders obviously want more bad ratings.

It looks like they are succeeding.

crazygirl
04-02-2006, 13:33
i can understand why e/e are getting shot of them, all rosie does is wash up make tea make brews cleans the pub and demi just sits on the sofa! there is never a storyline so really there is no need for them

crjs1
04-02-2006, 14:38
I just dont understand, Rosi and Demie are the heart and soul of thr Millers??? What is Easties all about right now?

chance
04-02-2006, 16:00
im really surprised that they arent axing keith and that brother too

Katy
04-02-2006, 16:04
i think it will be really interesting to see how the rest of the family get on when the others leave. I dont think it will be quite the same.

BlackKat
04-02-2006, 16:38
i think it will be really interesting to see how the rest of the family get on when the others leave. I dont think it will be quite the same.

I think it will be interesting as well. I don't agree with the axing, but I'm curious as to what they have planned for the remaining family members. Keith will have to take on a more active role with Darren - while he does spend time with his kids now, he'll have to do the cooking, laundry etc. Mickey will probably help, but I'm not sure whether Dawn will.

I suppose it depends on how Rosie and Demi leave as to how the Millers will cope. :searchme:

Katy
04-02-2006, 16:40
it will be sad to see them leave but will give way for some good storylines. Like they father Son relationship.

Kim
04-02-2006, 17:04
How does everyone think they'll be leaving? There wasn't anything in the article.

*cinderella*
04-02-2006, 22:00
oh my god i love shana swash!!

DaVeyWaVey
04-02-2006, 22:23
How does everyone think they'll be leaving? There wasn't anything in the article.

The Eastenders website has confirmed the news and it was also on digital spy. It was also in the TV Biz section in the Sun on Friday :)

x Amby x
05-02-2006, 14:25
if they are killed off, poor Aleesha, she would have lost both her parents!

Cornishbabe
05-02-2006, 15:49
I just dont get how they can get rid of demi but leave alesha.its mad. There are much worse actors the could axe. like keith!!

DaVeyWaVey
05-02-2006, 17:01
I just dont get how they can get rid of demi but leave alesha.its mad. There are much worse actors the could axe. like keith!!

I actually like Keith. He's great imo. Imo they should axe Dawn.

callummc
06-02-2006, 00:15
personally i dont care how they go and like a lot of other boring charectors i 'm not bothered,their not exactly what makes me watch in fact they have made me turn off,dont understand why if their having a happy ending by leaving their kids behind,it dosn't make sence,could be their up for contract,got a bit big for their boots and made some or else demands and came unstuck

lesley.hide
06-02-2006, 13:29
I agree - Gerry Cowper is the best 'Miller' actress of them all - she has given us some brillant acting recently. I think Dawn should be axed, she is so annoying! It certainly does seem as if Demi and her mum will get killed - shame.

eastenders mad
06-02-2006, 13:33
can they please get rid of
Bradley (DEFINELY)

starla
06-02-2006, 17:19
i thought that demi miller was brillant, wasnt sure about rosie but demi was brill , i wil miss them

pops110874
06-02-2006, 21:57
yeh i think they will be missed, the millers are seen as a family unit so it will be weird without them. Not so bothered about rosie but demi as a character has loads of potential - was surprised they were axing her. Maybe they have too many young females in that age group?

LUSHLOOKE69
06-02-2006, 21:59
Demi was the best in the family what is wrong with the eastenders producers

crazygirl
07-02-2006, 10:06
i thought pauline wa going to be axed??

Jessie Wallace
07-02-2006, 10:09

Where the heck did you hear that from?

alan45
07-02-2006, 11:34
What is Easties all about right now?
I have been asking that question for quite some time now. :rotfl:

They seem to have overused the young characters in an effort to cater for a younger audience. However after wathching the performance of some of the shows older characters last night it would appear that this policy was misguided and a major cause of the decline in viewers. EE is blessed with a number of well respected senior actors and it is time more use was made of these fine actors than the use of incompetent young ones who in my opinion are only there as eye candy. (Witness the outpourings of grief and unrequieted love when one of them receives their P45.) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JustJodi
07-02-2006, 11:38

Can you back this up ? Which magazine /newspaper did you read this in ?

JustJodi
07-02-2006, 11:41
Demi was the best in the family what is wrong with the eastenders producers

Like Alan45 said he has been asking this question for a long time, and so am I..Not why Demi is being sacked, but WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE EE producers???:searchme: :rolleyes:

Jessie Wallace
07-02-2006, 11:50
They need to find the balance between the two, with having somethign for the younger watchers, after all they are the future of Eastenders, and something for the older and loyal watchers.

alan45
07-02-2006, 12:10
They need to find the balance between the two, with having somethign for the younger watchers, after all they are the future of Eastenders, and something for the older and loyal watchers.

Unfortuneately it is the older viewers who are turning off in droves. They can remember when EE was top notch drama instead of the cack it is now with PC writing by luvvies who change each character to suit their increasingly ridiculous storylines

Richie_lecturer
07-02-2006, 16:51
If the new 'brat pack' are the so-called future of EastEnders then I am very worried.

alan45
07-02-2006, 16:59
If the new 'brat pack' are the so-called future of EastEnders then I am very worried.

With the emphasis on BRAT. The downfall of EE can be traced back to the dumbing down of the show to cater for a younger audience.

Richie_lecturer
07-02-2006, 17:01
Indeed. No wonder there's always adverts for Cbeebies before or after an EE episode these days. :hmm:

alan45
07-02-2006, 17:05
Indeed. No wonder there's always adverts for Cbeebies before or after an EE episode these days. :hmm:

Could this be a sign of it's imminent move to CBBC :eek: After all it would be at home there where the viewers would be used to cartoon gangsters and silly unbelievable plots with a total lack of continuity. The bringing back of people from the dead happens widely in cartoon land (ask Wile E Coyote ........................................... beep beep)

Richie_lecturer
07-02-2006, 17:07
Even a Bucky O'Hare cartoon is more realistic than EE these days. :rolleyes:

Pauline will never be axed. She's part of the furniture at EE and Wendy Richard will stay there until she decides to leave, that I have no doubt.

alan45
07-02-2006, 17:10
Pauline will never be axed. She's part of the furniture at EE .

Nigel Harman was an integral part of the furniture and they got rid of him when they were axing the dead WOOD.

Siobhan
07-02-2006, 17:12
Nigel Harman was an integral part of the furniture and they got rid of him when they were axing the dead WOOD.
no alan I think I saw him in the vic the other night.. billy was sitting on him when he proposed to honey

Richie_lecturer
07-02-2006, 17:13
True good point, well made.

The difference of course Alan is the older actors can literally act, and given a good storyline they seize the opportunity, which can not be said for the new 'brat pack' or the likes of the Millers et al. :thumbsdow

Richie_lecturer
07-02-2006, 17:14
no alan I think I saw him in the vic the other night.. billy was sitting on him when he proposed to honey

Aye, very true that. Well spotted as well. :cool:

DaVeyWaVey
07-02-2006, 18:09
I just dont understand how Demi and Rosie will have a "happy ending" if they leave without their family :rolleyes:

di marco
11-02-2006, 18:16
i hated the millers in the beginning but theyve started to grow on me. i dont see how they can axe half of them but leave the other half there as they seem to really stick together as a family. the only thing they can do is kill them off and theres been so many deaths recently

crazygirl
11-02-2006, 19:19
well this might be the end for the millers

alan45
11-02-2006, 19:38
well this might be the end for the millersWell we can live in hope. Good riddance

DaVeyWaVey
11-02-2006, 21:34
I really hope this isn't the end for the Millers. I really wish they didn't axe Rosie and Demi. A big mistake!

Richie_lecturer
11-02-2006, 21:38
The big mistake was to not axe the whole lot in one go.

DaVeyWaVey
11-02-2006, 21:40
Well that's your opinion but i just thought that The Millers had so much potential. I just had that feeling that they were different from any other family on the Square and I think Rosie and Demi haven't "ran their course" :rolleyes:

Chris_2k11
11-02-2006, 21:42
The big mistake was to not axe the whole lot in one go.Why don't you like them Richie?

Richie_lecturer
11-02-2006, 21:43
They irritate me and they can't act.......

...IMO.

Chris_2k11
11-02-2006, 21:45
I thought you said the one who played Rosie was a good actress! :eek:

alan45
11-02-2006, 21:46
The big mistake was to not axe the whole lot in one go.I agree. They were a pointless addition to the square and in my opinion have done nothing to enhance this ailing soap. The axing of Rosie and Dumi is a good start and makes Keefs position untenable :)

Richie_lecturer
11-02-2006, 21:47
I thought you said the one who played Rosie was a good actress! :eek:
She is but I don't like the character.

Chris_2k11
11-02-2006, 21:48
Oh right, fair enough I suppose :p

neetamon
11-02-2006, 22:55
I like mickey but dont care much for dawn

Dr. Tangliss
12-02-2006, 17:17
Same here, I find her irritating

JustJodi
12-02-2006, 17:37
Granted Dawn is the prettiest gal in walford right now, but her story lines just do not mesh. If any one should have been axed, it should have been Dawn cos her character isn't doing much of any thing but throwing herself at men.. and acting quite desperate :wall:

xxxxxx
13-02-2006, 13:33
I think this is rubbish, they are both good characters and most people like them. This is one of Eastenders stupid mistakes.

megan999
13-02-2006, 16:40
I can't stand Keef. They should find a way to write him out!!! I like Dawn. And Rosie & Demi should stay :)

neetamon
13-02-2006, 16:47
is there really a women out there who would put up wif keith

DaVeyWaVey
13-02-2006, 18:36
is there really a women out there who would put up wif keith

Well time will tell i suppose but with Rosie and Demi leaving, it would be good to see Keith have a new love interest. :)

crazygirl
15-02-2006, 09:45
i think rosie will go off with mike

xStephaniex
15-02-2006, 10:02
omg !!! they cant axe shana and Gerry . does this mean aleesha will also still be in the soap? and darren, keith, micky, dawn and aleesha will be left and what storylines would that bring ? - organising funerals for the pair and then we hear nothing of them?

crazygirl
16-02-2006, 09:04
omg !!! they cant axe shana and Gerry . does this mean aleesha will also still be in the soap? and darren, keith, micky, dawn and aleesha will be left and what storylines would that bring ? - organising funerals for the pair and then we hear nothing of them?well i dont think they will die! but has for the rest of the millers they will cope pretty well without those two

stacyefc
16-02-2006, 23:29
i like darren, dawn and mikey but don't like the others

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-02-2006, 10:32
I think they will die there is no way Rosie would leave Darren Micky and Dawn and no way would Demi leave Aleesha

BlackKat
24-02-2006, 10:38
Apparently Mike's latest scam is to steal the money Nora left Rosie in her will. He gets Dawn to help him, and tells her it's for the whole family to start a new life abroad. However it turns out he just wants it for himself. Seeing as this will be fourth time he's let Dawn down she might refuse to forgive him this time. This might explain how, if Rosie does leave with Mike, Dawn would stay behind despite her opinion on Keith.

However this doesn't explain, like Vixie-Lou said, why Rosie would leave Darren behind. Mickey you can sort of accept as he's an adult and can look after himself. But why would she take one twin and not the other? It might be that Aleesha does leave with them - they probably don't think a baby warrants a leaving announcement, and I suppose if they say it might give the storyline away.

I also think that at least one of them will die though. :) I notice there's no comment about the door being left open like there usually is - there wasn't with Dennis either.

Xx-Vicky-xX
24-02-2006, 14:37
I think you could be right about Aleesha not needing an announcement but i really dont know why Rosie would leave Darren behind but i guess if she runs off with Mike she might give the twins a choice and Demi chooses Rosie but Darren chooses Keith

xcutiekatiex
03-03-2006, 18:03
i cant believe Ee is killing off both of aleeshas parents and her grandma that kid is seriously goin to have a bad life if its living with keith,dawn,micky and darren...

Flozza
03-03-2006, 18:13
i no its really bad isn't it, maybe she'll be adopted

DaVeyWaVey
03-03-2006, 18:48
i cant believe Ee is killing off both of aleeshas parents and her grandma that kid is seriously goin to have a bad life if its living with keith,dawn,micky and darren...

Has it been confirmed that Rosie and Demi will die? :confused:

Daisyduck
03-03-2006, 19:00
Good the millers are rubbish, and its about time they gave keith a bath maybe with that dog of his as well.

feelingyellow
03-03-2006, 21:45
Has it been confirmed that Rosie and Demi will die? :confused:

Nope, but it just seems like the only way they could leave...

callummc
04-03-2006, 00:23
after they totally ruined what was a great episode tonight,the millers are now just boring for me aka they remind me of ferreras,i may start taping again so i can forward wind their bits for me Ee havn't gone far enough i'd say axe the lot and mike,i liked him in the bill and was looking forward to seeing him in enders,but now i'm just looking forward to seeing the back of him

di marco
04-03-2006, 12:58
i no its really bad isn't it, maybe she'll be adopted

thats a bit harsh, she wouldnt have that bad a life, at least she would have a family that really loved her. and why would keith put her up for adoption?

slim1
05-03-2006, 10:12
why is everyone taking the soap 2 serious i say good get rid of rosie and demi their the most boring characters in the soap

callummc
05-03-2006, 13:17
why is everyone taking the soap 2 serious i say good get rid of rosie and demi their the most boring characters in the soapwell said,i agree with you 100%,good riddance,they bore me senseless

Richie_lecturer
05-03-2006, 18:54
Yes I also can't stand them. As I said before, it's a shame they didn't bin the whole lot.

DaVeyWaVey
05-03-2006, 20:03
Yes I also can't stand them. As I said before, it's a shame they didn't bin the whole lot.

Now i must defend the Millers. I think they have been a great family in Eastenders. They have been a down to earth family struggling with the ups and downs of life and they have been involved in a lot of storylines which have been really good. The Demi/Leo story, Keith struggling to write and read and the current Mike story have been good. When they first arrived i thought they would be a boring family but they proved me wrong, they have been great and i am sad to see both Demi and Rosie leave.

megan999
06-03-2006, 18:53
IMO the actress who plays Rosie acting has improved during the Mike storylines. The actress who plays Demi acting was excellent during the Leo storylines. Can't see how the Miller family will function without them :crying: :thumbsdow

xcutiekatiex
07-03-2006, 16:45
them two are the only good ones Gerry is really talented and makes a really good mum and was great during the mike and demi/leo storylines and as you know i think shanas a great actress and i loved her demi/leo storyline she can get boring but her big storylines are great i hope she goes out on a high :)