PDA

View Full Version : The Root Of All Evil?

Bryan
02-02-2006, 17:18
Following various documentaries and debates in my Critical Thinking class weve boiled it down to 2 things: Money and Religion are the root of all evil?

Who agrees with these statements, debate it here...

Siobhan
02-02-2006, 17:23
Definitely money, it is what all couple row about, it is what everyone wants and as the price of everything increased it make it hard to keep and earn.. those who are poor stay poor and those who are rich get richer...

Behemoth
02-02-2006, 17:24
I agree with both money and religion being the root of most evil, maybe not all. With money and religion, people kill for them and people die for them. What could be more evil than that?

JustJodi
02-02-2006, 17:26
My great grand mother used to say" Money was the root of all evil", having said that I have to agree with it because statics show that most marriages fall apart not only due to other circumstances but money. If you talk to certain people you ask them if they are going on holiday or going wherever ( say a concert, theme park or a football game) they say no cos they can't afford to go. When I was 9 I wanted a brand new girlscout outfit, my mom said she couldnt afford it , so I had to make do with one she found in a thrift shop ( it probably was made back in the 1950's) I was too embarassed to wear it, so I quit the scouts. So I say Money .:searchme:

Katy
02-02-2006, 17:29
id say money. People these days have the NEED for money and reckon they cannot live without it. People will do anything for it and they wont care who they hurt along the way.

Siobhan
02-02-2006, 17:31
but Rob has a point.. how many wars have been holy wars??? how many people have died cause of their religion? loads.. you only have to look at the whole Northern Ireland conflict.. how many innocents have died cause they didn't have the same religion as someone else???

Bryan
02-02-2006, 17:43
but Rob has a point.. how many wars have been holy wars??? how many people have died cause of their religion? loads.. you only have to look at the whole Northern Ireland conflict.. how many innocents have died cause they didn't have the same religion as someone else???

me had this disucssion in class...if religion/god existed and there was one force with the correct way of life then why is there so many different versions/gods?

Its all a pre fabricated story that has been passed down from generation to generation, explaining things which science can now explain...for those who are to weak and need guidance in life

we've all heard little red riding hood, but we dont belive in the big bad wolf? whats the difference with the tales of the bible and god?

im just putting different points across here, as i have opinions for both sides after these critical thinking classes

Abbie
02-02-2006, 18:02
i think money as people become too obsessed with it

Cornishbabe
02-02-2006, 18:08
I think both are the root of all evil. People kill and die for both. Only problem is you cant live nowdays without money!

pops110874
02-02-2006, 18:08
Definately money and religion are the root of all evil.

When you think of all the politics and terrorism in the world, money and religion are always at the heart of any issue that causes grief.

Chloe-Elise
02-02-2006, 18:47
I think money and religion are the root of all evil, there are too many arguments about them, they become obssesed and will kill and die for both.

alkalinetrio
02-02-2006, 19:57
religion is 50/50 people use it for good and some use it for bad and influence younger people by using religion

Chloe O'brien
02-02-2006, 20:22
i would say money as people would all like to earn more money and they think that this would make them happy but in reality it would not they would just want more money

alkalinetrio
02-02-2006, 20:24
personaly i dont want lots of money give me a house and ill be fine with life

the_watts_rule
02-02-2006, 20:43
I think money because people think that they are so rich and will do anything to get more cash.

dddMac1
03-02-2006, 15:24
i think Money and Religion are the Root of all Evil