PDA

View Full Version : 'Friends' reunion rumours smashed

Debs
24-01-2006, 14:55
Rumours of a reunion of the cast of Friends have been denied by the show's producers.

Rumours had been circulating on the internet about a short revival for the hit sitcom which was to feature four new episodes. The six main cast members were said to have signed multi-million dollar contracts to do the shows.

Attached to this rumour was speculation of another spin-off series starring David Schwimmer, Matthew Perry and Matt LeBlanc entitled "It's a Guy Thing".

However, a spokeswoman for Warner Bros insisted there were no plans for any new episodes or spin-offs: "There is absolutely no truth in it - it's all rumour.

"There is nothing planned of any kind."

CrazyLea
24-01-2006, 14:57
awwww :( just as i was looking forward to it :p

squillyfer
24-01-2006, 18:05
aww so was i still you never know, it'll probably happen one day

annaz
28-01-2006, 22:52
I'm glad there isn't, I think it would be just for NBC to get more ratings. However, I would love to see them all

Most Wanted
28-01-2006, 23:19
Did anyone see the article, in the Mail i think, saying that the person that played Chandlers dad has been asked back for them and confirmed they are happening. I will look for the article.

Heres the article:

Two years ago they decided their days as Friends were over. But the stars of TV's most successful sit-com are ready to catch up, chuckle and cry on each other's shoulders all over again. They have agreed to reunite for a final series, a guest star confirmed last night.
Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox Arquette, Lisa Kudrow, Matt Le Blanc, David Schwimmer and Matthew Perry are due to film four one-hour specials.

They have negotiated a payment of £2.8million each with executives at NBC in Los Angeles. The fee - £700,000 per episode - is the largest ever paid to a sitcom cast. Reports of a reunion first surfaced earlier this week.

Last night Kathleen Turner, who plays the transvestite father of Matthew Perry's character Chandler Bing in the series, confirmed it was going ahead.

Miss Turner spoke in London where she is rehearsing for a West End production of Edward Albee's classic Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

Asked whether she would be joining the rumoured fourepisode Friends reunion, Miss Turner, 51, replied: 'Yes. As far as I know it's definitely happening. 'I had a phone call from producers about it and we had a discussion about availability. We haven't got any dates set yet.'

The episodes are expected to be broadcast later this year.

annaz
29-01-2006, 09:53
I know many people who would love this to happen, such as ~ Clo ~ but I think it would be good to leave Friends alone afterall, it did end 2 years ago.

Penguin8191
29-01-2006, 13:54
i would love for this to happen to see how the rest of the friends are doing

Chloe-Elise
29-01-2006, 15:41
Yep your right Annath, I would love it, I really hope there is one :D

bubblegum_fairy
29-01-2006, 15:51
mmm

i hope there is one

Bree
29-01-2006, 15:55
i really hope they do have one

x Amby x
31-01-2006, 17:32
i really want there to be more friends episodes! Friends is one of the most popular TV shows ever! Its great! know one can ever get bored of it!

Bree
31-01-2006, 17:35
yeah i really hope they do i love friends its one of the best tv shows ever

annaz
31-01-2006, 17:57
Right now it seems unlikely. If it comes out now, us Brits may not see it till late 2006. Lets hope because a lot of people want this :)

Cornishbabe
31-01-2006, 20:38
shame. It would be good to see more friends shows. The old ones get a bit boring when you know everything that happens!