PDA

View Full Version : most shocking TV chat show moments

Luna
23-01-2006, 07:24
Top 10 "most shocking" TV chat show moments

1. Grace Jones on Russell Harty (1981)
Grace Jones slapped Russell Harty across the face after the presenter turned his back on her to speak to the other guests on the programme. She said she was being ignored.

2. David Icke on Wogan (1991)
Sports presenter and former footballer David Icke pronounced himself the "son of Godhead" to Terry Wogan.

3. Meg Ryan on Parkinson (2003)
The Hollywood actress, who was promoting her new film In the Cut, became monosyllabic when answering Parkinson's questions. She ignored her fellow guests, fashion gurus Trinny Woodall and Susannah Constantine. The interview made global headlines.

4. Tara Palmer Tomkinson on Frank Skinner (1999)
The socialite made a disjointed appearance on the Frank Skinner show. Within 48 hours, she was packed off to an exclusive addiction clinic in Arizona.

5. Bee Gees on Clive Anderson's All Talk (1997)
The three brothers told Anderson they had once-toyed with the idea of calling themselves Les Tosseurs. Anderson quipped: "You've always been ******s to me." They stormed off the show.

6. The Sex Pistols on Bill Grundy (1976)
The Sex Pistols made front-page news following their foul-mouthed appearance on the Today television show hosted by Bill Grundy.

7. George Best on Wogan (1991)
Best appeared on the nightly chat show having got drunk first in the green room.

8. Matthew Kelly on Frank Skinner (2003)
Matthew Kelly used his appearance on the Frank Skinner show to confront the host over his "horrible" jokes about Kelly's arrest over a sex abuse allegation for which he was later fully cleared by police.

9. Tom Cruise on Oprah (2005)
The Hollywood star took centre stage on Oprah, by jumping up and down on the sofa, throwing his hands in the air and yelling about his feelings for new love Katie Holmes.

10. Rod Hull and Emu on Parkinson (1976)
Rod Hull's hand puppet Emu was launched into an unprovoked and sustained attack on Michael Parkinson, knocking him off his chair and leaving him dishevelled and disorientated.

squillyfer
23-01-2006, 15:50
I remember the meg ryan interview that was actually a little scary and I've seen clips of the one with Emu it was really funny

Chris_2k11
23-01-2006, 15:53
I knew No.1 would win. Saw a clip of it a few years ago, she went completely mad! :eek: :ninja:

Chloe O'brien
23-01-2006, 18:07
oh golly i remember all of those tv moments :eek:

CrazyLea
23-01-2006, 18:15
what does monosyllabic actually mean is that like 1 syllabal answers??
and ive seen clips of the emu and rod one. that was kinda funny.