PDA

View Full Version : making yourself sick....

xStephaniex
21-01-2006, 23:36
i think my friend is making herself sick...she keeps saying she thinks shes fat and everyone says she's not !. everytime we sit n have lunch shes straight to the toilet after...and she goes about 3 or 4 times throught lunch and lunch is only 50minutes long ... what are the effects of making yourself sick ? will it make her lose weight, im worried bout her and i dunno how to help? :confused:

Chloe O'brien
21-01-2006, 23:38
She may be suffering from bullimia she need's to stop this and get some help before she causes herself serrious damage

myra129
21-01-2006, 23:56
If she is making herself sick pretty soon her periods will stop, she will start losing her hair in spots, her teeth will start decaying because of the acid that is in vomit. This happened to my friend a few years ago and my other friends daughter is doing it now. She wont listen to anyone, shes less than 8 stone but still thinks shes overweight.

Try to encourage her to get help before its too late, if you have to speak to a teacher you can trust about it because maybe her parents dont know what shes doing.

xStephaniex
22-01-2006, 15:15
thanks for this info. i've spoke to my mum bout it as she is friends with my mates mum, so if i talk to my mate and say for her to talk to her mum bout it before it gets out of hand if not my mum would be happy to talk to her, would this be the right approach? - i just want to help her, but im helping alot of other people at the same time im too confused on how to help !!

myra129
22-01-2006, 15:19
Yeh her mums probably already noticed somethings going on, ask your friend to speak to her mum about it or if she cant do that the school nurse or anyone, because its a psychological thing she probably wont see that she has a problem and she does need professional help.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
22-01-2006, 15:29
but im helping alot of other people at the same time im too confused on how to help !!
Yeah you are and you're a great friend and Im sure they love you for it :D x Keep it up!! x

xStephaniex
22-01-2006, 15:49
thnks spicy ! but it dont feel that way , it feels im making it worst for them all - ive lost the two friends i was trying to help over the "coke" issue. what if i lose this one aswell :( thank you for your advice myra...i will take it and talk to her ask her to talk to her mum and if not ill have to talk to someone for her.

xStephaniex
22-01-2006, 15:50
ive just realised ive posted this in the wrong thread :confused: - sorry !!! its in the pregnancy and family section and not health.

.:SpIcYsPy:.
22-01-2006, 16:36
thnks spicy ! but it dont feel that way , it feels im making it worst for them all - ive lost the two friends i was trying to help over the "coke" issue. what if i lose this one aswell :( thank you for your advice myra...i will take it and talk to her ask her to talk to her mum and if not ill have to talk to someone for her.
Well you tried your best to help them didn't you? You did the best any friend can do!! :)

Hope all goes well :) x

xStephaniex
22-01-2006, 17:12
hmmm thanks spicy lemon

myra129
23-01-2006, 13:46
Hope everything goes ok steff

crazygirl
24-01-2006, 21:13
if she's young she wil soon get over it when she's hungry! but its best to keep a check on her just incase

annaz
28-01-2006, 22:59
You need to tell someone quick. Or else, I hate to say this, you could lose your friend

xStephaniex
29-01-2006, 01:45
like all my others... i wont let this happen, we had a girly night last thursday and we had a long chat and i said everytime she eats ring me or sumthing to keep her mind off wanting to make herself sick and to just think positive, i tell her something i like about her everyday to help boost her cofidence !. the frst is she has a great figure she doesn't need to make her self sick. thanks again guys for advice - you gguysz are great x *huggles* x

*-Rooney-*
13-04-2006, 11:37
my friend suffered bullimia shortly after 4 members of her family were killed in car crash
she was a big built girl butshe ended up nearly dying she woke up in the intensive care unit and she was only about 6 1/2 stone.
its an illness and i think it can be brought on by the slightest thing in her case it was her bereavement

Skits
13-04-2006, 11:40
like all my others... i wont let this happen, we had a girly night last thursday and we had a long chat and i said everytime she eats ring me or sumthing to keep her mind off wanting to make herself sick and to just think positive, i tell her something i like about her everyday to help boost her cofidence !. the frst is she has a great figure she doesn't need to make her self sick. thanks again guys for advice - you gguysz are great x *huggles* x

how is your friend doing now? :)

*-Rooney-*
13-04-2006, 11:40
my advice to anyone who has friends they are worried about (i was on the verge but managed to stop while i was still well enough to do it) tell them subtlelythat you know whats going on and she doesnt need tro do this because she is perfect the way she is

*-Rooney-*
13-04-2006, 11:43
how is your friend doing now? :)
well she's dead she got killed by her boyfriend on guy fawkes past but when it came to the bulimia she was doing great she was putting weight on and feeling good about it

Skits
13-04-2006, 11:46
well she's dead she got killed by her boyfriend on guy fawkes past but when it came to the bulimia she was doing great she was putting weight on and feeling good about it

i really meant that for steff. sorry to hear about your friend, it must have been awful.

nicole28
17-05-2006, 13:46
I would hate it if my friend was doing something like that! It must be so hard on you Steff! I hope everything goes ok!

xStephaniex
17-05-2006, 15:05
shes still making herself sick !!! i took her out the other week we went shopping and to a cafe in brighton and talked for hours!. i said to her if she ever felt the urge to make herself sick then to call me and ill come meet her take her mind of things which she hass done so already and she said it helped ! . she is really trying but i know it much be hard for her ! - i stomach is horrible atm tho :( shes getting so skinnny !
thanks guys for asking :)

xStephaniex
17-05-2006, 15:06
sorry to hear about your friend shaza :(