PDA

View Full Version : Ghost to be returnrd! Silly?

Layne
26-04-2005, 22:27
I know there is a thread already on this (i think there is!)
but i couldn't find it, anyway!
On GMTV this morning Richard Arnold said that he had been to the EE set, and was standing over den's grave, and he heard people talking about den's return!
he then went on to say that he may be returning but in the form of a ghost!
Richard arnold is not usually one to say what is going to heppen in the future, but he said that was what the producers were planning!

I thought i'd better let all you know!
Even though i'm missing Den alot (but not with chrissie! JC4EVA) i think that it would be stupid for Den to return as a ghost or in any other way.
Den has returned once from the grave, lets not repeat things
i know people keep saying we didn't see den in the grave and stuff, but please!
It would be sooooooooooo stupid for him to come back (even though we'd like him to!)
I think Leslie Grantham has even said that he WON'T be returning!

Luv ya
Layne
x x x

What do you guys think?

*JSW*
26-04-2005, 23:33
Uh that sounds awful!

If EE consider that it will make them officially tacky!

Rory18
27-04-2005, 00:06
i dont know it depends how they do it if chrissie starts losing the plot she could have nightmares of him and think she sees and hears him once or twice beforeshe breaksdown would be a good storyline

callummc
27-04-2005, 00:25
Well you have just made my day,i darn't go and wake my mam up but if i did she'd only say I told you so,she stopped watching out of disgust at what EE did to den,so did my gran,and if you think about it ,it was a silly move to kill him,after all the hard work to bring him back why not let him dissapear and return at christmas,or when sharon is in trouble,don't forget it wasn't leslies fault that he was given pathetic storylines sometimes,it could be done and well once the new team get going properly,they woudn't be the first team to introduce a ghost and wouldn't be the last but they could be the ones to make it beleivable if he came to sharon to warn her to be carefull of chrissy,and don't forget his final words-you'll never get me out of the vic.

Rory18
27-04-2005, 08:17
exactly at least someone believes this can be a good storyline if done properly

Alisha
27-04-2005, 10:43
Well, I think it's a pathetic storyline really and it will be the final nail in the coffin for the soap. This is eastnders not elderado! It would become a laughing stock.

I don't think it has any truth in it. What ever peoples feelings are about Den, I doubt even ee will stoop this low.

callummc
27-04-2005, 10:58
EE wouldnt be stooping low your probably remembering when corrie tried it and botched it up well ee could learn from corries mistake and show them how it's relly done,lets fsce it, it couldnt be more unbeleivable than johnny turning into a saint a month after throwing poor andy of a flyover now that for me is unrealistic

dddMac1
27-04-2005, 15:13
hope it aint true cause it is the last thing Eastenders needs and i don't think Leslie Grantham would aggree to come back after the way he was treated

Rach33
27-04-2005, 15:32
If this is true I will stop watching this even worst than bringing back from the dead mark one and getting him to bed Zoe

wweisben
27-04-2005, 16:39
well if you really think about it den is the sorta person that could return again . he is so cool .and funny this was a funny line from chrissy and den:

den: you are not going vicky
chrissy: den will you come help me plunge

*Roxy*
27-04-2005, 16:43
bad idea i don't want den back

.:Kitz:.
27-04-2005, 17:44
Noooo, please!! How can EE possibly even think of Den returning to the soap in ghost form. Not only would that be humiliating for the soap but also for Leslie. Once is enough mate....we may have wanted you back then but seriously, that sort of story line can only work once not twice!

Debs
27-04-2005, 18:16
please lets hope they do not bring him back again!!!!

willow
27-04-2005, 18:48
i think it would be too far fetched!!! but this is tv you never know what can happen!!!but please noooooo!!!!!!!!

Angeldelight
27-04-2005, 19:12
OH GOD i hope not i mean they brought him back before and that destroyed the character!!!

PLEASE DON'T DO IT PLEASE

callummc
28-04-2005, 00:10
Well he isn't the first charector that they destroyed but maybe with this new team in charge they will make sure things start to improve and scripts and storylines should be the first thing thats worked on don't forget ee don't really have any bad actors just scripts that a 3 year old could write,as for leslie he is a brilliant actor that managed to make the pathetic storylines watchable,he has a huge fanbase and he deserves another chance

~Sooz~
28-04-2005, 07:26
Leslie Grantham said in an interview that he won't be back - he said he has enough work to keep him busy for the next year.

Its a silly rumour.

Babe14
28-04-2005, 11:16
No way, that really is scraping the bottom of the barrel. They probably got the idea from Home and Away when Noah appeared to Haley just after he was killed. Den returning was a bad move, I loved Den he was my fav but when he returned it just wasn't the same. If characters are out of something for more than say 6 months they shouldn't come back it's never the same.

Babe14
28-04-2005, 11:17
Leslie Grantham said in an interview that he won't be back - he said he has enough work to keep him busy for the next year.

Its a silly rumour.

There seems to be a lot of rumours flying about regarding Eastenders at the moment, still every soap goes through this phase.

dddMac1
28-04-2005, 15:00
Hopefully Eastenders will snap out of this Phase and get back on top they don't need Den

Meh
28-04-2005, 15:05
People like to remember classic episodes and characters. Bringing them back from the dead is a no-no. If EE has to resort to this kind of tactic, I'd sack the script writers. FFS, introduce some new characters with good storylines, develop them and let them become the new classics.

Babe14
29-04-2005, 10:08
People like to remember classic episodes and characters. Bringing them back from the dead is a no-no. If EE has to resort to this kind of tactic, I'd sack the script writers. FFS, introduce some new characters with good storylines, develop them and let them become the new classics.

Well said. I thnk it's time to stop swinging the axe around in the casting department and perhaps start swinging it around in the writing department. At the end of the day it is the writing which makes a "show", without which there is no show. The Actors and Actresses can only do what they are given to do. Yep it's time to start developing the new characters that they already have not to keep axing them after a couple of months.

SoapRach
29-04-2005, 12:36
I do agree with you but it must be difficult for them when they have a plan for developing a character and then the actor leaves - like on maternity or through illness. They then have to come up with a way to write them out that is likely to be out of character. My comments don't relate to the original thread about Den - just to the show in general.

the_watts_rule
30-04-2005, 07:42
i dotn want him back again

~Sooz~
30-04-2005, 09:35
It does seem to be a trend that characters hardly stay long these days and Mordor is right, how good it would be to have characters stay a while, grow and have good storylines and become "new classics".

*JSW*
30-04-2005, 13:04
I think we certainly do need some new characters soon otherwise we'll have real problems. RThe cast is slowly shrinking meaning we're seeing the same characters day in day out which eventually leads to them becoming falt and boring and we all know what can happen after this.

We need new characters and flashier storylines and quick!

kelly05
01-05-2005, 02:13
Surely there is no way that Estenders would turn into Home and Away!!!

chocolate
01-05-2005, 23:28
i really like den and miss him being on our screens but bringing him back again would completely destroy eastenders.. i mean some people didnt like the fact that they brought him back in the first place... but i suppose they could do that with chrissie having nightmares as rory18 said..but i dont think it would help them

i_luv_dennis
02-05-2005, 13:27
do u think he haunt crissie zoe and sam