PDA

View Full Version : Two returning mini-Mitchells and another Branning!

Richie_lecturer
18-01-2006, 10:27
EastEnders is set to welcome two new members to the Mitchell household over the coming months, with the return of Grant's daughter and Phil's son.

Courtney Mitchell, who is the ten-year-old daughter of Grant, will arrive back to Albert Square with her father at the end of March.

The character will be played by ten-year-old Megan Jossa. Courtney was taken to Rio by Grant after his wife Tiffany was killed in a road accident in 1998.
\
/
\
Phil Mitchell's son Ben will also be returning to the show, after his mother Kathy dies in South Africa. The character, who will be played by nine-year-old Charlie Jones, will be at the centre of a custody battle between Phil and Kathy's son Ian Beale.

Jim Branning's estranged son Max is also due to make an appearance in the coming months. He will be played by 33-year-old Jake Wood, who previously appeared in Doc Martin and Red Dwarf.

http://www.*********.co.uk/latest/news0601...ore%20Mitchells (*********

sbbb_odessa
18-01-2006, 10:30
my god i did not thinnk that courtney was 10 already

Richie_lecturer
18-01-2006, 10:32
She's not. The actor is 10. Courtney is only about 8 years old, 9 at the oldest iirc.

Florijo
18-01-2006, 10:44
I guess Courtney will only be around for as long as Grant is but it will be nice to see her.

I like that EE are trying to build up the existing families and I have no problem with Kathy dying either. I just hope Ben being back means that we will have less of the 'hardman' act from Phil. Seeing him scowling around the Square gets very old, very quickly. I'm not looking forward to the battle between Ian and Phil though, as inevitivly, it will involve Phil bullying Ian. Again.

Saye2213
18-01-2006, 10:52
Ian deserves it. I really can't stand Ian. How are they bringing back Courteney? Grant is married (I think, or he's at least in a serious relationship) and he has other children, so why aren't they all coming over?
I do like that EE is extending the current families, rather than bringing in new ones, even if it does get confusing!!!

littlemo
18-01-2006, 11:07
Ian deserves it. I really can't stand Ian. How are they bringing back Courteney? Grant is married (I think, or he's at least in a serious relationship) and he has other children, so why aren't they all coming over?
I do like that EE is extending the current families, rather than bringing in new ones, even if it does get confusing!!!

We are certainly having an overload of characters aren't we?! Yes Grant is married, I heard that he was coming over with his wife, daughter and son. But maybe I'm wrong.

I think Phil should get custody of Ben. I don't really like him as a person, but he is Ben's father and Ian has already got 3 children to look after. I would have thought Kathy would have said who she wanted to look after her son in an emergency. Maybe she opted for her current husband and he dies along with her.

I think it's quite obvious that Ben will end up with Phil, in the long run. There's no way Ian stands a chance against Phil, his bully boy tactics have the desired effect on him.

Florijo
18-01-2006, 11:37
I would guess that Phil will bully Ian for a bit, then Ian will give in after Jane has a word with him about already having three kids to look after, Phil being Ben's father etc, then Ben will stay with Peggy and Phil in the Vic.

I'm guessing Jim's son is not going to be a permanent character and I don't think Courtney will be staying around so I guess it is only Ben that will be permanent. I hope Grant's son and wife make an appearance as well. I remember reading somewhere that they wanted to explore Grant's family man side on his return so they might make an appearance but this article just does not mention them.

thetintinbloke
18-01-2006, 11:49
so many new characters....so little time...tho at least they're trying well, and as many people have said - they're extending families - the brannings, the wicks, the mitchells etc rather than bring in another miller or god forbid ferriera family type. good that we;re geting some younger characters too - when enders started they were about the first soap to have decent young characters - teenagers etc - the days of michelle, sharon, ian etc, now we'll have stacey, deano (yum), grandson branning, and some kids - but a storyline with ians kids would be good as we don't see them! ta!

Chloe O'brien
18-01-2006, 12:49
with all these new characters comming into EE storylines are bound to suffer as a lot of the old stars wont have a lot to do as they can't have everyone on everyweek

.:SpIcYsPy:.
18-01-2006, 13:47
That's great!! :D

chance
18-01-2006, 14:31
sounds good

di marco
18-01-2006, 14:33
awwww i wanted courtney to come back! :)

Florijo
18-01-2006, 14:53
I really hope Ben does not read "Accents for Dummies" written by Vicki Fowler before he comes back to Walford. He must have a bit of a South African accent by now and I would hate for the horrors of Vicki's accent nightmare to be repeated.

dddMac1
18-01-2006, 15:07
i'm glad Courtney and Ben are coming back with phil and Grant will be great to see them

Dutchgirl
18-01-2006, 15:36
Let's hope that Phil's son is a nice boy, it would be unbearable if he turns out to be a bully, he could even make peace between Ian and Phil in the long run.

JustJodi
18-01-2006, 15:46
I really hope Ben does not read "Accents for Dummies" written by Vicki Fowler before he comes back to Walford. He must have a bit of a South African accent by now and I would hate for the horrors of Vicki's accent nightmare to be repeated.

Thank god I am deaf I can not hear any of the accents,, :rotfl:

squillyfer
18-01-2006, 18:01
Glad they're coming it will be nice having them back, its not as if they are new characters really. Wasnt kathy married though why would her husband not get ben?

Katy
18-01-2006, 18:04
more Mitchells. Loving it.

i_luv_dennis
18-01-2006, 18:13
thanks for posting cant wait

Katy
18-01-2006, 18:15
i wonder whethe that is the same actress that origionall y played courtney.

di marco
18-01-2006, 19:39

i dont know but probably not

the_watts_rule
18-01-2006, 19:54
That sounds really good.

squillyfer
18-01-2006, 20:34

I should think when she was little she was played by more than one kid

Kim
18-01-2006, 21:16
Yeah, all infants at the age courtney was are played by more than one person

SBBB-ELEKTRICA
18-01-2006, 22:20
How old would that courtney be now ??? :searchme:

hayley
18-01-2006, 22:54
I'm glad phil is getting ben instead of ian- phil seems to be really lonely!

BlackKat
19-01-2006, 10:59
Here's the EE page on it: Here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20060119.shtml)

The girl playing Courtney is quite pretty. Ben looks a bit weird though.

Siobhan
19-01-2006, 11:03
[QUOTE=BlackKat

The girl playing Courtney is quite pretty. Ben looks a bit weird though.[/QUOTE]

ben is exactly how I imagined he would look like... And Courtney obviously didn't get many mitchell genes.. she is pretty

JustJodi
19-01-2006, 11:05
gotta love what the kid playing Ben said " I can't believe I am gonna be a Mitchell":rotfl:

Kid looks like a deer that is caught in the headlights:lol:

Florijo
19-01-2006, 11:06
On that EE page it says that Courtney is 10, and Ben is 9. I could have sworn that Ben is older than Courtney. :hmm:

JustJodi
19-01-2006, 11:11
One thing I am for sure this Courtney is gonna be a spoiled brat ! Since she is gonna be a DADDYS GIRL...Just my 2 cents worth :hmm:

Angeltigger
19-01-2006, 11:35
Well it is nice for Rebbeca to have two friends

JustJodi
19-01-2006, 11:40

Rebecca ??? is she staying ??? shes just a little bitty girl, I think Ians twins are closer to Ben and Courtneys age...don't u think ???:searchme:

Angeltigger
19-01-2006, 11:45
Rebecca ??? is she staying ??? shes just a little bitty girl, I think Ians twins are closer to Ben and Courtneys age...don't u think ???:searchme: Yeah they are older- i don't know if Rebecca is staying but for the time she is she can play with Ben there is only 4 year different- also the twins don't play with children so Ben and Courtney are nearer to Rebecca.

Emmak2005
19-01-2006, 13:28
Seeming as there's a bit of discussion about the return of 10-year-old Courtney Mitchell, then I thought it'd be nice to show you a pic of the actress who is going to be playing her. So here gos:

http://images.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/eastenders/160x120_eastenders_meganjossa_courtneymitchell.jpg
Megan Jossa (the new Courtey Mitchell)

Although, I mad add she looks nothing like her mum Tiffany, but then again from the pic I can't really tell - as t's in black & white.

Kim
19-01-2006, 16:55

Are'nt they a bit old to be her friends as Rebecca is only 5? This looks like Stacey and Lucy all over again, but without the blackmail etc.

Angeltigger
19-01-2006, 16:57
Rebecca 5- ben 9 that 4 years- which is okay and Courteney is 9-10 which is fine.

Abbie
19-01-2006, 17:00
On that EE page it says that Courtney is 10, and Ben is 9. I could have sworn that Ben is older than Courtney. :hmm:same here i am really confused now im glad they are coming back though EE needs more kids lol

littlemo
19-01-2006, 22:48
same here i am really confused now im glad they are coming back though EE needs more kids lol

There are going to be a lot of them though, aren't there?! Lets see, Aleehsa, Freddie (he might be going soon), Ben, Courteney, Honey's baby, Sharon's baby, Ian's children, Demi and Darren, there's probably more too. It's realistic, but actors don't tend to want to work with children. Courteney won't be sticking around long, I don't think.

Angeltigger
20-01-2006, 06:38
The twins (Beales) and the twins (millers) are not really children

di marco
20-01-2006, 08:06
The twins (Beales) and the twins (millers) are not really children

well id class them as kids, especially lucy and peter, but there may be loads of kids but its not like theyre all the same age

the_watts_rule
20-01-2006, 08:30
It should be good when they come.

Angeltigger
20-01-2006, 08:31
well id class them as kids, especially lucy and peter, but there may be loads of kids but its not like theyre all the same agewell i would call them teenages- they don't play with toys like rebecca, ben would play with

the_watts_rule
20-01-2006, 08:42
I think it's good them putting some new child characters in.

tammyy2j
20-01-2006, 11:31
I'm glad we get to see the next generation of the Mitchells hopefully Michelle's son Mark will also return

Carrie Bradshaw
20-01-2006, 11:42
There are going to be a lot of them though, aren't there?! Lets see, Aleehsa, Freddie (he might be going soon), Ben, Courteney, Honey's baby, Sharon's baby, Ian's children, Demi and Darren, there's probably more too. It's realistic, but actors don't tend to want to work with children. Courteney won't be sticking around long, I don't think.
Yeah, i'm pretty sure Courtney will just come and go with Grant when he is back.
I think it is good there are lots of kids - its always unrealistic how few kids there are on soaps, particularly around 9-10 years old. You get a few younger ones that don't say very much and a few teenagers to add some scandal.

Angeltigger
20-01-2006, 12:21
Demi and darren, pete and lucy are not 9-10 years old

di marco
20-01-2006, 12:34

no but the kids theyre bringing in are

Angeltigger
20-01-2006, 12:40
but i'm talking about demi and Darren and Ian twins as they are not kids.

di marco
20-01-2006, 12:41

yeh but the other poster was talking about bringing in kids who are 9 or 10

Angeltigger
20-01-2006, 12:48
Yeah i know that but don't worry

dddMac1
20-01-2006, 16:19
the Actress who is going to play Courtney looks older than she is

littlemo
20-01-2006, 16:24

Are they all 14? I know Darren and Demi are. And Darren is friends with Peter, I think maybe Lucy and Peter are a bit younger. That's funny I knew they were all twins, but I never thought of that when comparign them. We have 2 sets of twins in EE! Maybe they should get some triplets in.

Angeltigger
20-01-2006, 16:26
age 14 is not kids they are teenages

Carrie Bradshaw
20-01-2006, 17:05
Sorry, I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding, I was just saying I thought it was a good idea to bring in kids that are 9-10 years old because there aren't any others that age in Eastenders just now.

Angeltigger
20-01-2006, 17:15
Sorry, I think there was a bit of a misunderstanding, I was just saying I thought it was a good idea to bring in kids that are 9-10 years old because there aren't any others that age in Eastenders just now. ok it was my fault

the_watts_rule
20-01-2006, 18:18
I think it will be good when they come.

di marco
20-01-2006, 20:03
Are they all 14? I know Darren and Demi are. And Darren is friends with Peter, I think maybe Lucy and Peter are a bit younger. That's funny I knew they were all twins, but I never thought of that when comparign them. We have 2 sets of twins in EE! Maybe they should get some triplets in.

no lucy and peter are 12

Abbie
20-01-2006, 20:13
no lucy and peter are 12yer cos they are in the first year of high school arent they

di marco
20-01-2006, 20:18
yer cos they are in the first year of high school arent they

yeh they are