PDA

View Full Version : 'Birds of a Feather' star joins 'Enders

pops110874
14-01-2006, 12:01
Birds of a Feather star Peter Polycarpou is joining the cast of EastEnders.

The actor, who played Sharon's husband Chris Theodopolopodous on the classic sitcom, will make his first appearance next month.

Peter will play Yanis, the father-in-law of Kevin Wicks' daughter, Carly.

A spokeswoman told The Sun, "Peter's already filming and will make his first appearance at the end of February with his daughter-in-law and her husband Nico. Prepare for some fireworks!"

From Digital Spy

Any thoughts??

BlackKat
14-01-2006, 12:06
Oh goody. Another new character. Yay.

:rolleyes:

pops110874
14-01-2006, 12:11
Yeh, they seem to be introducing a new character every few weeks. But with everyone leaving i dont suppose they have much choice

Jessie Wallace
14-01-2006, 12:20

Well you never seem to like the one's weve got, so why not, he might be good, but then a gain he might not, i'll make my judgement, when he's on screen.

Florijo
14-01-2006, 12:21
Yeh, they seem to be introducing a new character every few weeks.

Yeah it does look like that. The new doctor and Bradley are next up, then Kevin, Carly, her husband Nico, her father-in-law Yanis, Honey's dad, Joe's friend Bert and Chelsea and Denise Fox. Have I missed anyone out?

He might not be a permanent character though and it would be cool to have some Greek characters in the show.

BlackKat
14-01-2006, 12:36
Well you never seem to like the one's weve got, so why not, he might be good, but then a gain he might not, i'll make my judgement, when he's on screen.

I like plenty of characters. I might not always like the way they're used or written, but I like them.

And, yeah, he might be a good character. All 50 odd of the new ones might be wonderful characters. I'm just not looking forward to having a whole hoard of new characters that I know nothing about and have no reason to care about shoved in my face on after the other in quick succession.

Bryan
14-01-2006, 12:39
talk about disapointment at first i thought it would be pauline quirke, linda robson or leslie jospeh!

and how wrong i was!

it looks like they are going to expand the Wicks Family more and more and more!

hope its worth it!

Jessie Wallace
14-01-2006, 12:40
Fair enough. But they've gotta replace all the one's that have just left. Eastenders as the smallest cast list of all the soaps, so they need to bump it up a bit i think.

Bryan
14-01-2006, 12:42
Fair enough. But they've gotta replace all the one's that have just left. Eastenders as the smallest cast list of all the soaps, so they need to bump it up a bit i think.

that isnt a bad thing though, Emmerdale and Coronation Street often neglect their characters...i mean Shelley, she hasnt been in it much at all since Charlie, and you barelye ever see Rita or Norris anymore...whats the point of having such a big cast if you dont use it?

Jessie Wallace
14-01-2006, 12:44
that isnt a bad thing though, Emmerdale and Coronation Street often neglect their characters...i mean Shelley, she hasnt been in it much at all since Charlie, and you barelye ever see Rita or Norris anymore...whats the point of having such a big cast if you dont use it?

I won't want a huge cast, but there's nothing wrong with adding a few more. That way, you can have some characters resting (gives actors time of to rest so they are not so tired, and then will give better performances), and hopfully not over use the same ones all the time.

Florijo
14-01-2006, 12:47
I can see the Wicks family being the next Slaters in a way, the core family members - Kevin, Deano, Carly - and then the hanger ons who are involved with them - Denise, Chelsea, Nico (if he is permanent), Yanis (if he is permanent) and Pat.

Bryan
14-01-2006, 12:48
http://freespace.virgin.net/s.rosenthal/arturo/photos/peter.jpg

a picture of the new man in question

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-01-2006, 12:51

God this must be the year that EE tries to break the most introduced chracters of the year!!

Bryan
14-01-2006, 12:53
i smell a rat with this spoiler....this actor played "Yanis" in Sunburn....

Florijo
14-01-2006, 12:56
I count 36 existing cast members right now, excluding Sharon as she won't be back for a long time. How many cast members do Corrie and Emmerdale have?

I think it is all about balance anyway. Too big a cast results in problems that have been seen on Corrie but too small a cast means that the same characters are always on our screen, the spread of the big storylines is smaller and actors can get tired when they get overloaded with storylines.

pops110874
14-01-2006, 13:01
i smell a rat with this spoiler....this actor played "Yanis" in Sunburn....

Here is the link http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds28141.html

Its not on the official ee website yet though

Debs
14-01-2006, 13:03
they need some new fresh characters so im looking forward to this!

Jessie Wallace
14-01-2006, 13:05
I count 36 existing cast members right now, excluding Sharon as she won't be back for a long time. How many cast members do Corrie and Emmerdale have?

I think it is all about balance anyway. Too big a cast results in problems that have been seen on Corrie but too small a cast means that the same characters are always on our screen, the spread of the big storylines is smaller and actors can get tired when they get overloaded with storylines.

Over 50 in Emmerdale
Over 60 in Coronation Street

Dutchgirl
14-01-2006, 19:25
Yeay new familymembers for Pat, she deserves it after all her hardship. Hope they give her positive attention.

Johnny Allen
15-01-2006, 11:29
good, liking the introduction of new characters, when exactly do the Wickes enter the square?

Tannie
15-01-2006, 11:52
i'm glad that pat's getting more family members. She deserves it!!

Jada-GDR
16-01-2006, 19:23
Birds of a Feather star Peter Polycarpou is joining the cast of EastEnders.

The actor, who played Sharon's husband Chris Theodopolopodous on the classic sitcom, will make his first appearance next month.

Peter will play Yanis, the father-in-law of Kevin Wicks' daughter, Carly.

A spokeswoman told The Sun, "Peter's already filming and will make his first appearance at the end of February with his daughter-in-law and her husband Nico. Prepare for some fireworks!"

From Digital Spy

Any thoughts??
another wicks! :cheer:

BlackKat
18-01-2006, 11:59
It's now confirmed: Here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/eastenders/news/news_content/news_20060118.shtml)

dddMac1
20-01-2006, 16:17
he should be ok

the_watts_rule
20-01-2006, 18:20
Sounds Good.

BlackKat
21-01-2006, 21:26
Someone posted this on Talk Walford, and I've checked the website -- he's only actually signed on for 3 episodes, so it's just going to be a small part.

I wonder if Carly's husband will be the same, or whether Nico will actually be a main character.

I don't think he will though -- according to the website Peter has already filmed his episodes, which I expect would have Nico in as well. So if he'd been cast as a permanent cast member we'd have already had the press release about it. We probably just heard about this one because it's a wellknown actor. :searchme:

Here's the site though: Here (http://www.polycarpou.com/index7.htm)

Kim
21-01-2006, 22:01
Thats a shame, it sounded good.