PDA

View Full Version : Box Set

Debs
14-01-2006, 10:35
The Housemates awoke this morning to the sound, and sight, of boxes. Person-sized, cardboard boxes.

The 80s hit record Living In A Box (by Living In A Box) roused the group from their slumbers just after 9am and they rose to find 10 boxes sitting in the living area, each featuring a photo of a different Housemate.

"What is it? An obstacle course?" asked George, laying his eyes on the living room for the first time.

"Oh no, it's a survival kit - the record was 'Living In A Cardboard Box'," suggested Michael grimly.

Faria looked up from her pillow and simply gave a loud shriek.

Preston made a more educated guess, saying: "They've done this before, you have to stay in the box for as long as possible."

Which theory will be correct? Come back soon to find out.

Debs
14-01-2006, 12:36
Big Brother has set the celebrities their own version of one of Big Brother 6's most memorable tasks: the cardboard box endurance challenge.

For the task, which began at 10.30am this morning, each housemate has been confined to their own cardboard box and must remain inside for as long as possible.

Reading the rules to the group, George announced: "The last housemate to get out of their box will win a very special, powerful prize."

The allure of such a powerful prize failed to arouse several of the housemates, however. Preston signalled his intention to abandon his box sooner rather than later, while Dennis appeared distinctly unimpressed with the task in general but enjoyed the innuendo it allowed, asking Traci: "Is your box too small?"

Debs
14-01-2006, 12:37
Pete and Preston have become the first to quit the box task.

Preston had said at the start of the task that he could not foresee himself staying too long in the boxes, even if there was a prize at the end of the experience. Both he and Pete left their boxes within 45 minutes of the task beginning.

The Ordinary Boys star still made himself useful by guiding housemates around the floor as they attempted to find their allies. Pete, meanwhile, tried to tempt others out, reminding them: "The coffee's still warm."

Debs
14-01-2006, 12:38
The box task has ended just one hour after it began.

To avoid a lengthy spell in confinement, the housemates agreed that they themselves would decide who should win, but arguments ensued when it came to picking who.

"This is an exercise of thinking inside the box," George said. "We're thinking individually and not as a group. If we thought as a group, we could agree collectively who gets the prize and then we wouldn't have to lie on the dirty floor."

However, the other housemates disagreed with George when he began to cite his own qualifications for winning the box task, telling them he was able to go for hours without water, as well as only rarely needing to go to the toilet.

An eventual conclusion was reached that Rula, whom the housemates felt had been feeling low, should be allowed to win. Last year, housemates managed 27 hours in the boxes before giving in.

After a while, the housemates began to emerge. Pete and Preston had originally exited before the argument began, with Maggot and Chantelle next to join the pair. Traci, Dennis, Michael and George were the final housemates to exit their cardboard prisons, leaving Rula the clear winner.

Abi
14-01-2006, 12:41
Spoil sports!!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
14-01-2006, 13:07
God only one hour!! I thought Pete would be out first!!

Debs
14-01-2006, 13:17
i did too i cant beleive they lasted so little time none of them should get a prize!

willow
14-01-2006, 13:38
i did too i cant beleive they lasted so little time none of them should get a prize!

what a bunch of spoil sports!!!

i aggree they should not get anything!!

Abi
14-01-2006, 13:41
Does anyone know what they got in the end though?

the_watts_rule
14-01-2006, 16:05
Last years contestants lasted 26 hours more than they did!