PDA

View Full Version : New member of Hunter Family and another new joiner

suzewebb
26-04-2005, 07:04
Anita Dobson is to take on the role of Phil and Steve Hunter's mother.

According to The Sun, Chiefs are thrilled the actress — famous as Dirty Den’s gin-swilling missus Angie Watts — agreed to join the ITV1 cop series as Phil Hunter's mum Lynne.

Also in The Sun, Gary Lucy is set to join the cast of The Bill.
Gary used to be in Footbalers Wives and many may remember him for his harrowing portrayal of a male rape victim in Hollyoaks Late Night Special a few years ago.

samantha nixon
26-04-2005, 08:27
cool, this sounds really good i wonder what phil will do about his mother

callummc
26-04-2005, 11:19
It's a shame they don't get Leslie Granthem to play her husband that would really be somthing to look forward to.

daisy38
26-04-2005, 11:22
Oh callummc that would be hilarious. :rotfl:

I'm really enjoying the Bill at the moment. And Gary Lucy will set a few pulces racing that that uniform! (if he wears one that is!) :D

Rach33
26-04-2005, 15:17
Maybe we can get a better insight into Phil's behaviour wonder how Steve and Phil will react though pleased or not I'll go for Steve pleased Phil not

baby_mistry
26-04-2005, 17:52
The reason that their mum is coming into the show, is apparently because phil gets someone pregnant accidently. But i thought phil was 'firing blanks'...

smithysgirl
26-04-2005, 18:02
it could be phil getting sam pregnant. when does his mum start filming when is she on the bill how many months away

samantha nixon
26-04-2005, 18:06
i was just about to post this aswell and i think it is sam and phil isnt firing blanks he just finds it harder to conceive
i cant wait for this storyline but abi and sam pregnant at the same time, just a bit weird but still good

smithysgirl
26-04-2005, 18:08
yes but it could be phils or neils and phil thinks its his

Sam Nixon Fan
26-04-2005, 18:15
i hope if sam does get pregnant she willl get rid of it carnt see her as that type and dont want her having loadza time of while she suposdely has the baby

baby_mistry
26-04-2005, 18:35
it would be quite sad if she got rid of the baby, but i can understand where you are coming from, she would be off the screen for a while..do you think his mum will come before he gets the person pregnant, or after?

samantha nixon
26-04-2005, 19:04
i think she comes after as she comes to sort out the mess well thats what it says in the sun anyway and i dont think sam would be the type of person to get rid of a kid

smithysgirl
26-04-2005, 23:09
whos is it then

samantha nixon
27-04-2005, 08:14
who is who

smithysgirl
27-04-2005, 10:45
whos baby

Rach33
27-04-2005, 13:39
Is it that woman he slept with a couple of months ago when the Radfords where planning to do a runner

samantha nixon
27-04-2005, 16:36
sams

baby_mistry
27-04-2005, 18:17
does everyone believe it will be sams, because the more i think about it the more i think, 1. would sam let phil get her pregnant so quick ands 2. Just considering 'Joel_becketts_lover, it may be that girl

smithysgirl
27-04-2005, 18:21
i mean whos the daddy

baby_mistry
27-04-2005, 18:39
phil

Angeldelight
27-04-2005, 18:45
FROM DIGITAL SPY

One of soap's biggest stars is set to join The Bill, according to a tabloid newspaper today.

Anita Dobson, who played Angie Watts in EastEnders, is expected to start filming next month and will appear on our screens as PC Steve Hunter's mother Lynne.

In a forthcoming storyline, Phil unexpectedly gets a girl pregnant and his mother will arrive to help him through his difficult time.

An insider told The Sun: "We were thrilled to get Anita because she's such a huge star. She is really excited about the whole project."

Speaking of her new role, Anita said: "I'm very lucky, I don't need the money."

Back in 2002, her alcoholic East-End counterpart was killed off 14 years after she quit the show.

EastEnders' bosses had reportedly asked Anita back on several occasions but when it became clear that she had no plans to return, they decided Angie's funeral was an ideal opportunity to bring back Sharon Watts (Letitia Dean) instead.

Anita added: "Why tarnish the gorgeous creation that was Angie Watts?"

UPDATED: A spokeswomen for The Bill confirmed to DS:

"Anita's coming in to do one episode at the moment and will be playing the part of Phil Hunter's mother. She comes to give her son a few home truths and to set him straight on a few things.

"She's due to start filming next week with a view to doing more."

pookie1968uk
28-04-2005, 11:13
when you read that above it doesnt sound like it could be sam does it. it says he gets a girl pregnant, would they refer to sam as a girl?

callummc
29-04-2005, 00:52
Poor sam she'll become a gran and a mother in 1 year,no wonder phill will need his mum,can you immagine 2 screaming babys in 1 house,and lets face it sam not the maternal type to start with,poor phill he's really gonna hit the jackpot this time

suzewebb
29-04-2005, 07:52
Speculation is rife that a new character could be the one Phil gets pregnant... alternatively, knowing Phil Hunter it could be any random woman on the street in Sun Hill. I very much doubt it will be one of the station coppers.

pookie1968uk
29-04-2005, 09:08
i agree, it definitely doesnt look like it will be sam who gets pregnant does it?

samantha nixon
29-04-2005, 17:51
this was on digitalspy and could be the one phil gets pregnant

Former Family Affairs actress, Anna Acton, embarks on a different affair when she joins The Bill in June.
Anna will play the part of Rochelle Barratt, an ex-addict turned drug referral worker. Her loving police superintendant husband, Ian - from a nearby station - helped her through the traumatic time but she throws it all back in his face by having an affair with a another officer.
Anna, who starred as Geri Evans in the Five soap, said: "Landing the part of Rochelle was made even more exciting because it was completely whirlwind.
"And as The Bill’s filmed at the same studio as Family Affairs, even though I'm the new girl in Sun Hill, I'm with old friends and in familiar surroundings."