PDA

View Full Version : Michael and Jodie in heated row

Debs
10-01-2006, 10:24
Jodie sparred with both Michael and Pete last night in yet another heated verbal confrontation.

Both parties appeared at fault during the row - which lasted until 4am - with a defensive Jodie finding it difficult to take advice and Michael and Pete attacking her over seemingly trivial comments.

The argument began after Michael questioned the motives for her behaviour in the 'fame ranking' task on Sunday night, where Jodie had disagreed that Michael should be ranked as the most famous.

"I thought 'there's got to be a twist to this task'," she explained, adding that Big Brother never tends to make tasks that easy. Apparently misunderstanding, Michael questioned why she would think that, adding: "I think you're lying."

"Well I find that offensive, because I don't tell lies," she replied. "I could not care less whether you were first or eleventh. I know you were taking it personally..."

The 'discussion' then looped back around to a well-travelled topic - Jodie's supposed inability to take and learn from criticism.

Michael became increasingly frustrated - and aggressive - as he attempted to explain why she should ignore the insults she receives and not bite back.

"You talk such a load of ****," he told her. "We try and help you but you don't listen."

He continued: "I was given a great piece of advice when I was the same age as you - keep your mouth shut and your ears open. Do you understand what that means? That's so you can take in what's going on around you."

Meanwhile, Jodie explained that she had been avoiding Pete because he had called her "the lowest of the low" on Sunday, a claim he dismissed on the seemingly tenuous basis of actually calling her actions "the lowest of the low".

Pete took a notably diplomatic tact during the confrontation but still managed to offend Jodie with relatively subtle comments such as "I reckon [Jordan] is probably a lot brighter than you".

At one point it appeared that Jodie could do no right; after muttering that she was being hounded so much that she "might as well slit my wrists now", Pete and Michael took her to task for making an insensitive comment.

The spat finally came to a messy end when, after Pete had accused Jodie of having tears in her eyes, she showed them to the camera to demonstrate that she was tear-free.

"Oh Jodie, for Christ's sake," said Michael, holding his hands to his head. "I'll rip the bloody thing out the wall. Is that why you sat there - because you know the cameras are there? I'm surprised they haven't put a cross there for you to sit on."

Having had enough, Jodie got up and declared: "I'm going to bed now because you are being utterly ridiculous and patronising and insulting. Goodnight."