PDA

View Full Version : Film Studies Exam!

Bryan
08-01-2006, 18:16
Hiya guys i was wondering if anyone has done the film studies as exam: producers and audiences?

ie got it next week and am dreading it as our teacher hasnt taught us anything...and there is no set question...any tips?

please help!

alan45
08-01-2006, 18:30
Sorry I havent a clue but good luck anyway Bryan

Bryan
08-01-2006, 19:03
Sorry I havent a clue but good luck anyway Bryan

thanks Alan, the teacher has tough us snippets about how th emovie industry works but said its mainly using your own thoughts and experiences as an audience and combinign it with the profit motives of the producers...but it just seems too daunting a test to do...especially when we dont know what the question will be

Bryan
10-01-2006, 18:46
please guys? anyone know!? im desperate!!!!

Johnny Allen
13-01-2006, 18:46
Bryan, I did the paper on Producers and Audience and can't remember to be honest, were their particular films you had to study?. If I can remember rightly my questions on Producers were about opening film weekends, financing, promotion etc and how important Opening weekend is. I believe my other question was regarding certification and censorship and if it effects your enjoyment on particular films.

Are there specific areas you have covered?, let me know and I will try to help best I can Bryan, sorry I can't be of more help, can I ask why hasn't your teacher taught you anything. Let me know if I can help more, sorry.

Remember Bryan alot of Film exams encourage you to make your own personal response so there is sometimes no right or wrong answer so long as you back up your points of view.

Found this website hope it helps:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/jeanrenoir/FS2%20Producers.htm

The teachers we have aren't much cope luckily I got a B hope that website helps If not always feel free to ask me again, good luck.

Bryan
13-01-2006, 19:16
thanks JA for that! the site has started to get me geared

the teacer is useless, our lessons are meant to last an hour, he kicks us out after 20 mins so he go shopping!

he pist on doucmentaires aimed at 50 year olds, and some british films just becuase we have the brit vs usa to talk about, he breifly goes over stuff whereas other colleges in my area the teachers actually tell them stuff

yes it is about personal experiences, of which i should be able to do great but on the terms of the producers side i need to learn stuff which the teahcer hasnt taught! i cant absorb a wod of photocopies from a university book!

hes taught us hollywood studio system and thats about it...

i feel like fialing to prove a point...that he needs to teach us our lessons like any teacher would do!

Johnny Allen
13-01-2006, 22:08
Your teacher sounds like a proper jerk, our teachers aren't great either, if you need any help I will be happy to help if I can.

CrazyLea
13-01-2006, 22:14
have you thought of reporting your teacher? we did it to our sociology teacher and now we have a new one?
sorry that this doesnt help with your exam lol but good luck

Johnny Allen
13-01-2006, 22:16
She's got a point, your teacher sounds unprofessional and his behaviour may well end up effecting students.

Bryan
13-01-2006, 22:46
She's got a point, your teacher sounds unprofessional and his behaviour may well end up effecting students.

ill see how i do in my test before i report him

if i have any questions over the weekend ill post and see if you can help me! thanks!

Bryan
15-01-2006, 17:53
right then ive spent the day doing revisoon and learnt a lot...

what i need help with if

hollywood studio system
classic hollywood
stars and contracts

Bryan
15-01-2006, 19:43
ive got the exam tomorrow morning so any help would be gratefully appreciated!

Katy
15-01-2006, 19:48
sorry i really cant help you. Alot of examiners like your own opinion. Is your exam an AS?. good luck tomorrow yourll be fine.

Bryan
15-01-2006, 19:51
sorry i really cant help you. Alot of examiners like your own opinion. Is your exam an AS?. good luck tomorrow yourll be fine.

yes its as

Katy
15-01-2006, 19:55
my friend has his tomorrow to, he was explaining what he had to do and i didnt understand. im sure it will go fine. I dont have anymore ASs thank God.

Johnny Allen
16-01-2006, 16:50
Hope it went alright Bryan sorry I couldnt be more help.

Bryan
16-01-2006, 17:10
thanks for your help JA! that site helped... i dont think it did brilliant but i did better than i expected seen as ive learnt the whole course myself! so fingers crossed i get a good grade

CrazyLea
16-01-2006, 17:17
glad it went alright. im sure you will have done fine xx

Johnny Allen
16-01-2006, 17:40
Yeah Im sure you did fine too, Im glad I could help.

Katy
16-01-2006, 17:41
yourll have don brilliant. We looked over my exams i did last week and the teacher didnt know half the answers so god help us.

Johnny Allen
16-01-2006, 17:54
oh that doesn't soon good, all these rubbish teachers.