PDA

View Full Version : Peters furious over 'Superstar' weight jibe

Debs
08-01-2006, 11:36
Wendi Peters was furious after a Soapstar Superstar judge made unfavourable comments about her weight.

The actress, who plays Coronation Street's Cilla Battersby-Brown, was insulted by Billy Sammeth after she finished singing The Lady Is A Tramp.

Sammeth complained, "A woman of your age and stature should know to cover up."

A source told the Sunday Mirror, "Wendi was fuming. She has never made herself out to be a size eight and didn't agree to take part in the series because it was a beauty contest. As far as she was concerned Soapstar is about singing. She expected to be judged on her voice - not her weight.

"She put on a dignified front while she was on stage but she was really cut-up. Wendi had put her all into the performance and felt she had been humiliated in front of millions of viewers."

The newspaper claims that Peters stormed off in tears following the incident, but was persuaded to return by producers. Sammeth has refused to apologise to the star.

"Billy insisted that being blunt was an American trait and to be fair he was cutting to all the contestants," the insider added.

Katy
08-01-2006, 12:35
he is so horrible he trying to be like other judges on other programmed but its not working,. I thought it was completley out of order when he said that and you could tell it had upset her. Loved the way how she said the one thing i want to show if im through tonight is my arms, it serves him right. I hope someone puts him in his place soon.

Jemma
08-01-2006, 12:57
He is so annoying! He makes completely irrelevant comments like about how they are dressed (and look at him! :rolleyes: ) and how the song is written by someone who wrote this other song which was this good....can't he just say how good/bad the singing was?!?

dddMac1
09-01-2006, 15:40
i hate him