PDA

View Full Version : Can't Sleep Won't Sleep

Debs
06-01-2006, 10:52
Having treated his housemates to snoring that would rival a team of juggernauts, Michael does the decent thing and gets up...then amuses himself (and us) by examining the cactus, talking to himself and cleaning obsessively.

After being told by Dennis that he is keeping everyone awake with his noisy nasal activity, Michael sheepishly rolls out of bed.

"Dennis said that my snoring was so bad he couldn't sleep so I thought I'd get up," he tells Pete and Jodie, who are chatting in the kitchen, "what I do at home is wait until everybody is asleep before I go [to bed]."

Once alone, Michael settles into a series of strange solitary antics.

The first source of fascination is the fridge. While he rifles through its contents, the fridge starts to beep (WHICH MEANS THE DOOR'S BEEN OPEN TOO LONG!). With a confused look, Michael shuts the fridge door and does the same thing again. With a shrug he moves on...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/media/news/day02/d02_0500_michaelcactus_2.jpg
Michael finds a prickly pal to talk to...

...To the cactus, where he spends a good few minutes looking and prodding at the poor unsuspecting plant. Later on he explains why: "I was trying to get one of those prickly things off to turn it into a pen...but I can't get one off without breaking it and I don't want to do that."

And finally, the cleaning. If you didn't think it was possible to clean an already clean kitchen then you haven't seen Michael in action. He went over those surfaces like a demon and even gave the kettle a good scrubbing. Let's hope his fellow housemates appreciate his efforts.

And before retiring for the night (again), Michael briefly slips into the role of Barrymore the Entertainer, just for old times' sake:

"This is new interactive TV," he says to his public, "You do something in your front room and I'll copy it just to prove that I can see what you're doing." At which point he starts to pull faces and hit his head.

"I've got to admit, it's a bit weird talking to yourself, knowing that you're not talking to yourself, but you are...I think," he ponders. Absolutely, Michael.