PDA

View Full Version : deano interview

shannisrules
05-01-2006, 14:47
just thought id post an interview with deano on here for people who like him its off the eastenders website

How would you describe Deano?
Deano's very much like me. He's 18 and gone away from home. He's looking for a new start in life. He's an opportunist. He's charismatic. He's got the gift of the gab, but can be quick-witted to get himself out of trouble
What will he bring to the show?
He's slightly like Alfie in that he blags. He's younger though, so I think he'll put his foot in it more due to his immaturity. I think it's nice to have another single young guy in the show.
What's his family life been like?
He's had a bit of a rough upbringing. He's from a single parent family. His sister brought him up, basically.
Will he be a bit of a ladies' man?
Maybe. He likes to talk the talk, but I'm not sure how confident he'd be when he really likes someone. He'll flirt though.
What's his style like?
I think Deano's gotgreat style. I went shopping with the Costume ladies and we spent all day in young guys' shops like Top Man and River Island. If you've got good style, you don't need to go to more expensive shops.
Would you be mates with him?
Probably not as he's too similar to me! It would be a struggle for attention. He's a funny guy though, so maybe we would get on.
What would you like to happen to Deano?
I'd like to give him some depth and discover different levels. It'd be good to see another side to him in the future. I want to see him faced with different challenges and see how he deals with them.
Who are your favourite EastEnders characters?
I've grown up watching the show. I liked Barry. It was so funny how he bumbled over stuff. Pat is a legendary character. Billy's great too, because he's almost the runt of the litter.
Where were you when you heard that you'd got the part?
I was at work in a shoe shop! I took the phone call on the floor, but I couldn't say anything. I whispered that it was wicked and then ran out the back to phone my mum. I was really excited, but nervous as well.
Have any cast members given you tips?
Oh yes, everyone's so nice here. People who've been here a lot longer than me have much more knowledge. I like to listen and learn from them. Ricky Groves (Garry) is my mentor and he's given me advice. Joe Swash (Mickey) is about my age and he's been a good mate. Perry Fenwick (Billy) has been like an older brother to me. I did my first scene with him.
How did you get into acting?
I started doing modelling when I was younger. Apparently I was a really cute baby, but it's all gone wrong now! I did some commercials when I was little and decided that I liked it.
Did you go to drama school?
I went to Sylvia Young Theatre School for four years. I did my GCSEs there and lots of vocational training too. I wanted to go to university, but I just started working. I may go later to learn more acting skill
What would be your dream role?
Any kind of role with someone like Al Pacino, Robert de Niro or Kevin Spacey. They have such depth to them. I'd be happy doing anything just to be in their presence and learn from them. The ideal would be something like a remake of Scarface
Have you done stand up comedy?
My friend and I had our own set. We used to spend our lunch hours writing sketches, from the age of 11. I'd love to be like Ricky Gervais or Jimmy Carr. I think they're amazing. Extras was hilarious.
What music are you into?
I like my hip hop and RnB. I love Eminem - he's a genius. I think he deserves a lot of respect. He's like a modern Shakespeare for our generation. I like rock and other stuff too. I went to see Oasis the other weekend and they were good.
Which football team do you support?
I'm an Arsenal supporter. It's a bit of a shame though because Deano's a Tottenham supporter. I think the writers have done that to wind me up!
What would be your ideal weekend?
I love being spontaneous. I love jumping on a plane somewhere random with friends. I like going out with good company, good music - maybe a club or a gig. :)

Johnny Allen
05-01-2006, 16:30
Everything was fine about him until I read he was an Arsenal fan, but thanks for the interview.

Katy
05-01-2006, 17:55
and Deanos characters a tottenham fan. he gone right down inmy boos after last night.

Jada-GDR
07-01-2006, 14:17
thanks for posting that :)

x Amby x
13-01-2006, 21:01
Deano rocks! and hes well fit! Thanks for posting this! xx