PDA

View Full Version : Any tips

Luna
01-01-2006, 20:00
As some of you know i have started a new job with ntl.

For the past few weeks i have been training and learning the system and the products.

As from monday the 9th of jan i will be actually one the phones to customers and i am crapping myself.

I have worked on phones before but it was only a switchboard.

Does anyone have any advice on how your eally shoudl handle customers over the phone. Or tell me how you would like to be treated over the phone with a company like this???

Please Please Please begging you here lol.......not that im nervous one bit ****bites nail*******

Tori
01-01-2006, 20:03
be polite even if they really annoy you

willow
01-01-2006, 20:23
i have the joy with dealing with the general public all day most days!!!

the best way to be with them is polite, even if they are really horrid.make them think they are in control all the time(even though they won't be!!) you can normally tell within the first couple of seconds how the call will go!!

just remember if they are very rude to you, you have every right to terminate the call and tell them that!!! you will be fine babe!! good luck!!

Luna
01-01-2006, 20:26
just remember if they are very rude to you, you have every right to terminate the call and tell them that!!! you will be fine babe!! good luck!!

I wish that where true ive got to ask permission before you can hang up the phone on a customer

Behemoth
01-01-2006, 20:26
I work with customers all the time as well where I work! I agree with willow, always be polite and especially be patient.

willow
01-01-2006, 20:33
but you can still do it remember that!!!

and they don't know you have to ask!!!

you have the power!!!!

Abi
01-01-2006, 21:31
If people ring up and are put on hold, then they are gonna be really stressed and angry (I should know, i was like that with my Broadband). Try and be lighthearted, and talk very simply. They're gonna be cranky, so if you can ease the situation, then you'll be fine.

Stevie H
01-01-2006, 22:36
The amount of times I've had a pensioner be rude to me over the phone is untrue. If they complain, I just be polite and take their information, even if they be personal. I usually say something like "I understand you're angry, but I'm trying to help you, you being rude to me won't solve the situation any more quickly. If you wish to calmly discuss you're problem, I will be more than happy to listen and deal with it. If not, then I am afraid I will have to put the phone down."

I work at a care company in the office, sometimes I get calls from old people complaining about care and stuff.

Debs
02-01-2006, 13:28
As some of you know i have started a new job with ntl.

For the past few weeks i have been training and learning the system and the products.

As from monday the 9th of jan i will be actually one the phones to customers and i am crapping myself.

I have worked on phones before but it was only a switchboard.

Does anyone have any advice on how your eally shoudl handle customers over the phone. Or tell me how you would like to be treated over the phone with a company like this???

Please Please Please begging you here lol.......not that im nervous one bit ****bites nail*******

oh dear! NTL you may have me phoning and ranting at you!! LOL i have had nowt but trouble with NTL this year!

just be calm and helpful as i find most of them i roing so uinhelpful and rude
and that is what makes me fly at them

oh and make sure you put evrything on computer when you have told the customer you have because that it the biggest problem weve had when i have rang with a problem they always say that it been logged but then wheni phone again there is no record of it!

Luna
02-01-2006, 15:44
oh god no debs dont shout at me please!! i dont think i could handle my first call being someone screaming down the phone at me!!!

Abi
02-01-2006, 16:23
LOL i have had nowt but trouble with NTL this year!

and we're only 2 days in :p

Debs
02-01-2006, 16:44
and we're only 2 days in :p

lmao!!! last year i mean!!

Debs
02-01-2006, 16:45
oh god no debs dont shout at me please!! i dont think i could handle my first call being someone screaming down the phone at me!!!

ill have to ask every woman who i get if they are luna from soapsboards!!

Abi
02-01-2006, 16:45
lmao!!! last year i mean!!

:rotfl: Thats what i figured.... :p

Luna
02-01-2006, 16:48
ill have to ask every woman who i get if they are luna from soapsboards!!

lmao only if you get throught to the scottish centre

Abi
02-01-2006, 16:51
i had NTL, but they kept p-ing us around, so we got freeview instead :D te he he

Debs
02-01-2006, 16:55
they are ok at the mo, but they are rubbish at dealing with faults and stuff quickly!

Abi
02-01-2006, 16:56
Thats why we left them. They wouldn't fix it properly, so we left.

Luna
02-01-2006, 17:01
they are buying out telewest soon dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing

Debs
02-01-2006, 17:03
telewest were supposed to be good

Luna
02-01-2006, 17:05
they are good thats who im with

i am currently reading through the complaints thread on the ntl hell website.....seriously considering not going into work tomorrow now lol

Debs
02-01-2006, 17:06
they are good thats who im with

i am currently reading through the complaints thread on the ntl hell website.....seriously considering not going into work tomorrow now lol

LOL

Kim
03-01-2006, 00:45
I've got a tip - pack in your job lol. Good job we don't have ntl or my dad would easily deafen you!

di marco
03-01-2006, 16:16
I've got a tip - pack in your job lol. Good job we don't have ntl or my dad would easily deafen you!

haha my mums a bit like that!

Kim
03-01-2006, 16:31
My friends have even complained to me that he's too loud. They ask 'Is Kim there?' and he says he'll go and get me, and yells up the stairs, only the friend can still hear him!