PDA

View Full Version : Giving up on eastenders

gunnergirl
29-12-2005, 15:18
:angry:

I used to love eastenders but now knowing how nigel harman leaves eastenders thats it i cannot watch anymore.
I am sick of them killing off characters. Why can they not have let sharon and dennis leave happy.

I doubt i will be watching anymore.

Katy
29-12-2005, 15:30
this is a soap they dont believe in letting couples be happy.
I know what you mean about characters leaving but characters have to leave to make room for new talent.

Welcome to the boards by the way.

angelblue
29-12-2005, 15:35
I think there are an alot of people upset that dennis is going die and that sharon and dennis couldnt be happy

I find it stupid that so many characters have been killed off in the last 2 years i dont like of ee burning all there bridges with popular characters

But babe no is bigger then the show and ultimately ee will survive as it has done in the past

i am huge fan of the couple but the show goes on and i will carry on watching it until i find that i dont enjoy :o

Abi
29-12-2005, 15:35
I dont know why i watch it either sometimes to be honest. ITs so dire most of the time. Other soaps have some happiness, but EE? Nope!

Wellcome to SoapBoards anyway!

the_watts_rule
29-12-2005, 16:00
Im upset that they are killing Dennis off but it isn't going to stop me watching EE.

Bryan
29-12-2005, 16:04
moving to spoilers!

Stacey_rules
29-12-2005, 16:04
I dont want that sexy dennis to go either, but i wont stop watching Eastenders as i :heart: it to much :thumbsup:

shannisrules
29-12-2005, 16:30
ye im very upset that they are killing off dennis cant eastenders think of something more imaginative than death or leave in a balck cab for a character to leave the show

Mr Humphries
29-12-2005, 17:10
It a complete and utter disgrace that this is going on and the most loved people are being killed off. Den should not have been killed off again, after the massive lie of bringing him back, its completely wrong and is a disgrave. But hey we might all wake up tomorrow to find the last year was a complete dream, like in Dallas

Debs
29-12-2005, 17:13
:angry:

I used to love eastenders but now knowing how nigel harman leaves eastenders thats it i cannot watch anymore.
I am sick of them killing off characters. Why can they not have let sharon and dennis leave happy.

I doubt i will be watching anymore.

its a shame they couldnt have let sharon be happy for once but im really glad they are doing a brilliant endnig for dennis,rather than just leaving in a taxi.

it would be pretty boring if every character just left

.:SpIcYsPy:.
29-12-2005, 17:14
I really do wish they never killed the buffness that he is!! :p

But I will still watch EE because it's the only thing I do watch and love... don't ask me why though!!

Welcome to SB btw :D..

Mr Humphries
29-12-2005, 17:27
Debs you are right, but we have been left with Alfie and Kat in a taxi ! Which is not quite the same as Dennis and Sharon. Sharon Ritchie has already said he does regret quitting and as for Jessie Wallace, I am sure that she will come back when the money runs out. EE have a serious serious problem which is only getting worse and worse by the leaving of several main stars, its all going to end in tears and I fear in the loss of our beloved Eastenders.

The BBC need to listen to the viewers to save EE this time because digging Den up again or bring Grant back to just kill him off or to kill johnny is not going to work this time

Mr Humphries
29-12-2005, 17:31
Yes welcome poppet

angelblue
29-12-2005, 17:33
its a shame they couldnt have let sharon be happy for once but im really glad they are doing a brilliant endnig for dennis,rather than just leaving in a taxi.

Debs you are right it not very thrilling for a character to leave in the cab i think they have done deaths and blacks cabs to often now it getting boring

I dont know an about anyone else but remember grants exit years an ago that was brilliant or dan suvillan or we need is bit more imagination from the writers like they use to have :)

Debs
29-12-2005, 17:45
Debs you are right, but we have been left with Alfie and Kat in a taxi ! Which is not quite the same as Dennis and Sharon. Sharon Ritchie has already said he does regret quitting and as for Jessie Wallace, I am sure that she will come back when the money runs out. EE have a serious serious problem which is only getting worse and worse by the leaving of several main stars, its all going to end in tears and I fear in the loss of our beloved Eastenders.

The BBC need to listen to the viewers to save EE this time because digging Den up again or bring Grant back to just kill him off or to kill johnny is not going to work this time

if they dig up den again ill never watch it ever again!

i agree somethin has to be done hopewfully some brand new exciting charcaters will make it better to watch

Debs
29-12-2005, 17:47
Debs you are right it not very thrilling for a character to leave in the cab i think they have done deaths and blacks cabs to often now it getting boring

I dont know an about anyone else but remember grants exit years an ago that was brilliant or dan suvillan or we need is bit more imagination from the writers like they use to have :)

definalety, like andys exit being chucked off a bridge is not nice but sure was the most exciting ive watched in a few years.

and kats exit was lovely they left together BUT it was the same as kareenas exit where were all her clothes??? kat cant live without her clothes !

lollymay
29-12-2005, 17:49
where were all her clothes??? kat cant live without her clothes !

i was thinking the same thing when i was watching that

Debs
29-12-2005, 17:52

glad i wasnt the only one! id be like stop one minute before i drive off into the sunset with you inhave to get my clothes, shoes, make up, photos!!

lollymay
29-12-2005, 17:56
glad i wasnt the only one! id be like stop one minute before i drive off into the sunset with you inhave to get my clothes, shoes, make up, photos!!

:rotfl:
dont forget handbags, accessories etc - id be like can we get a bigger car all my stuff is not going to fit in here

Debs
29-12-2005, 17:58
:rotfl:
dont forget handbags, accessories etc - id be like can we get a bigger car all my stuff is not going to fit in here

yeah there is no way all mine or kats stuff would fit in that tiny capri!

lollymay
29-12-2005, 18:00
yeah there is no way all mine or kats stuff would fit in that tiny capri!

or mine for that matter - if i was their we would be cruising around in tour bus to fit my clothes in.

di marco
29-12-2005, 21:15

you are so right there debs. i want sharon to be happy and i didnt want them to kill dennis off, but nigel harman is leaving so there is nothing we can do and at least hes going to get a good ending rather than him leaving boringly with sharon and then just not returning

di marco
29-12-2005, 21:16

i was thinking that too! my mum said maybe they went back round and picked the suitcase up from the house lol!

Kim
29-12-2005, 21:49

It would be better to leave in a taxi than get killed, this is Dennis we're talking about!

ghosthunter5487
29-12-2005, 23:04
Why do they always kill off the best charecters!!!!!!!! :angry:

Chris_2k11
29-12-2005, 23:39
Why do they always kill off the best charecters!!!!!!!! :angry:For a dramatic and gripping storyline.

Carrie Bradshaw
30-12-2005, 06:12
When the best characters leave, they get the best and most exciting send offs.This unfortunately usually involves them dying. :crying:

di marco
30-12-2005, 09:27
It would be better to leave in a taxi than get killed, this is Dennis we're talking about!

no it wouldnt, how boring would that be?!

the_watts_rule
30-12-2005, 09:34
no it wouldnt, how boring would that be?!

It would be good if he got an exciting exit that doesn't involve him dying.

Johnny Allen
30-12-2005, 09:43
Why do they always kill off the best charecters!!!!!!!! :angry:

I wouldn't call Dennis the best, he's a bit lifeless and sorry but Nigel isn't much of an actor, it will be good to get some new talent in and Phil Daniels is going to be ace in the show.

the_watts_rule
30-12-2005, 09:50
I wouldn't call Dennis the best, he's a bit lifeless and sorry but Nigel isn't much of an actor, it will be good to get some new talent in and Phil Daniels is going to be ace in the show.

Who is Phil Daniels going to be playing?

alan45
30-12-2005, 10:37

I agree with you there. Its because of Dennis and the like that EE has gone down the pan. He was brought in because of his TOTTY factor definately not his acting abilities. I only wish they would kill off the very much overated Sharon as well so as we can be spared yet another sensational :rolleyes: return next year

eastenders mad
30-12-2005, 10:41
well i don't really like Dennis.
I think ee is still the best soap.
all the soaps get rid of cast members thats how it goes.
They should have left Chrissie and Kat in they are really good.

Kim
30-12-2005, 11:19
Who is Phil Daniels going to be playing?

Kevin Wicks.

i_love_matt!
31-12-2005, 15:50
ok i am upset about all my fave characters going like alfie, nan, dennis etc BUT it's no reason to stop watchinmg. there s going to be som many more charaters coming on the soap that it may be even better than it alread is

shannisrules
31-12-2005, 16:32
so i know who deano wicks is but whos kevin wicks? his dad or something

Kim
31-12-2005, 18:03
I think so. He tells Pat that his dad's been in a car accident and that his sister doesn't want him around so it would make sense if he came to Walford when he recoveres so that there can be more storylines for Deano and Pat.

Florijo
31-12-2005, 19:26

Agreed. EastEnders has had characters that reveal the likes of Dennis for what they are - nice to look at but thats about it, folks. Den, Angie, Cindy, Grant, Steve, Janine, Kat, Carol, Bianca, Tiffany etc. All of these were great characters with depth to them. The writers should have cast a better actor (sorry, but he is average at best), kept him the hell away from Zoe and Sharon and focused on Dennis' relationship with Den. They also should have explored Dennis' past abuse as a child which was hinted it. What a wasted opportunity that was?! Abuse on females has been covered before on EE (Kat, Little Mo) but abuse on males has not (well apart from that storyline with Steve Owen's sister, but that was not a major storyline) and Dennis would have been a good character for this type of storyline.

Dennis was what Jamie was in 2002 - nice to look at (so they say), lacking any real depth as a character, gets together with the women he loves, only to die in a tragic way soon after.

gunnergirl
31-12-2005, 20:37
I agree nigel harman wasn't great at acting. I just wish the scriptwriters would think of a more exciting way of someone wanting to leave the show other than killing them off.

To me it's just not realistic enough. I didn't know so many people could get murdered in such a small place as albert square.

*soap*star*
31-12-2005, 21:34
Agreed. EastEnders has had characters that reveal the likes of Dennis for what they are - nice to look at but thats about it, folks. Den, Angie, Cindy, Grant, Steve, Janine, Kat, Carol, Bianca, Tiffany etc. All of these were great characters with depth to them. The writers should have cast a better actor (sorry, but he is average at best), kept him the hell away from Zoe and Sharon and focused on Dennis' relationship with Den. They also should have explored Dennis' past abuse as a child which was hinted it. What a wasted opportunity that was?! Abuse on females has been covered before on EE (Kat, Little Mo) but abuse on males has not (well apart from that storyline with Steve Owen's sister, but that was not a major storyline) and Dennis would have been a good character for this type of storyline.

Dennis was what Jamie was in 2002 - nice to look at (so they say), lacking any real depth as a character, gets together with the women he loves, only to die in a tragic way soon after.

I disagree with the fact that you're saying Dennis had no depth to his character-he's a lot more dimensional than most characters in other soaps( corrie) We were introduced to a thuggish womaniser but at the end we saw a more sensitive side to someone who had a really toughchildhood. How is he lacking depth in any way?

(Agree with what you said about the child abuse storyline though- it should have been explored, don't know why the EE bosses passed up such a good opportunity. :searchme: )

littlemo
31-12-2005, 22:55
I disagree with the fact that you're saying Dennis had no depth to his character-he's a lot more dimensional than most characters in other soaps( corrie) We were introduced to a thuggish womaniser but at the end we saw a more sensitive side to someone who had a really toughchildhood. How is he lacking depth in any way?

(Agree with what you said about the child abuse storyline though- it should have been explored, don't know why the EE bosses passed up such a good opportunity. :searchme: )

Totally agree with you, Dennis was a brilliant character. I think over the past couple of months (or even a year) the writing has been bad, which has made it very difficult to show his acting ability. He hasn't been given very good storylines. I've liked him and Sharon being together, but the writers seemed to think that his character needed to change so dramatically, which is complete nonsense.

I think most people thought he was just a pretty face when he first came into it, but watching those scenes he had with Jack Dalton, it was soap magic, he made his impact very quickly. Then using him to introduce Den back into it, that was incredible too. And of course his passionate relationship with Sharon, amazing! They definetely missed a major opportunity with the child abuse storyline, and I am very surprised he didn't tell Sharon about it.

In fact the writers have missed loads of opportunities with the Watts family, Den and Dennis most of all.

*soap*star*
31-12-2005, 23:08
Totally agree with you, Dennis was a brilliant character. I think over the past couple of months (or even a year) the writing has been bad, which has made it very difficult to show his acting ability. He hasn't been given very good storylines. I've liked him and Sharon being together, but the writers seemed to think that his character needed to change so dramatically, which is complete nonsense.

I think most people thought he was just a pretty face when he first came into it, but watching those scenes he had with Jack Dalton, it was soap magic, he made his impact very quickly. Then using him to introduce Den back into it, that was incredible too. And of course his passionate relationship with Sharon, amazing! They definetely missed a major opportunity with the child abuse storyline, and I am very surprised he didn't tell Sharon about it.

In fact the writers have missed loads of opportunities with the Watts family, Den and Dennis most of all.

Exactly, so how can someone say he has no depth? And personnally, i think corrie is way overrated.Now theres a soap with one dimensional characters!

shannisrules
31-12-2005, 23:09
even though im really sad tht dennis is dead its not the end of the world i'll defnatley still watch eastenders as i love the soap to bits

Cupcake
01-01-2006, 01:40
I'm upset that Dennis is gone but i'll still be watching (:

DaVeyWaVey
01-01-2006, 12:34
I will never give up on eastenders lol. I have been watching it from "You aint my mother!!" and since then i have been glued!

Florijo
01-01-2006, 15:21

Okay, I take back what I said about Dennis having no depth as you are quite right about how he has changed from when he first arrived. :) The problem is is that most of his character was left unexplored as everything revolved around his relationships with Zoe and Sharon. There was some insight into his relationship with Den and his past but that was it. I'm not saying we needed to have heard his life story but the whole thing left me annoyed as all that storyline potential was there but was never explored. The way they explored Kat's past abuse was in complete contrast to Dennis and Kat was a much better character for it. They never just hinted at her abuse or left it in the background or whatever, they focused on her abuse as the main storyline for Kat for a good while. In my opinion, they should have explored his relationships with Dalton, Andy and Den more, and his past abuse.

angelblue
01-01-2006, 18:37
Okay, I take back what I said about Dennis having no depth as you are quite right about how he has changed from when he first arrived. :) The problem is is that most of his character was left unexplored as everything revolved around his relationships with Zoe and Sharon. There was some insight into his relationship with Den and his past but that was it. I'm not saying we needed to have heard his life story but the whole thing left me annoyed as all that storyline potential was there but was never explored. The way they explored Kat's past abuse was in complete contrast to Dennis and Kat was a much better character for it. They never just hinted at her abuse or left it in the background or whatever, they focused on her abuse as the main storyline for Kat for a good while. In my opinion, they should have explored his relationships with Dalton, Andy and Den more, and his past abuse.

In my own opinion when sharon and dennis broke up the first because of den i think they should of used that time to explore his relationship with den and andy and we should found out about his backaround as well.Instead the scriptwriters wasted time for 10 month of him being with zoe instead that we could of had the things i have mentioned. In that time we could of also seen him fighting his feelings for sharon the way he was when he was with zoe.

alan45
01-01-2006, 18:55
there really is no point in thinking WHAT IF now. The one dimensional Dennis Rickman is gone and he wont be back on the square. :)

Bryan
01-01-2006, 19:05
there really is no point in thinking WHAT IF now. The one dimensional Dennis Rickman is gone and he wont be back on the square. :)

until the ratings flag again and he is brought back dallas style

pops110874
02-01-2006, 15:39
i cant believe some of the comments on here about dennis leaving.

The only person to blame for the departure of dennis is nigel harman. He decided he wanted out, and letitia dean didnt (apart from the leisurely break obviously).

Since the news broke months ago that he was leaving and ld wasnt, there was only ever two options....either they split or dennis would die.

if an actor wants to leave the soap there is nothing anyone can do except write an exit that will get the ratings. Perhaps you would have been happier with him leaving in the back of a taxi? lol

Too many main characters were leaving at the one time and i dont think anyone was given the luxury of choosing their exit storylines - if you want out, you want out, you cant turn round and say i'll only leave if the door is left open!

Jade
02-01-2006, 15:59
i cant believe some of the comments on here about dennis leaving.

The only person to blame for the departure of dennis is nigel harman. He decided he wanted out, and letitia dean didnt (apart from the leisurely break obviously).

Since the news broke months ago that he was leaving and ld wasnt, there was only ever two options....either they split or dennis would die.

if an actor wants to leave the soap there is nothing anyone can do except write an exit that will get the ratings. Perhaps you would have been happier with him leaving in the back of a taxi? lol

Too many main characters were leaving at the one time and i dont think anyone was given the luxury of choosing their exit storylines - if you want out, you want out, you cant turn round and say i'll only leave if the door is left open!

:bow: couldnt have said it better. Nigel wanted to go, he's gone. End of?

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 16:56
I got 18/20 on the Eastenders website quiz thing testing you on 2005. I was classed as an Eastenders superfan and i certainly am. I love Eastenders! Has anyone else tried the quiz? :)

Kim
02-01-2006, 17:05
I'm going to do it now:)

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 17:06
Good lucck :) I got a certificate after doing mine :cheer:

Kim
02-01-2006, 17:08
I got 19 out of 20 :D

Kim
02-01-2006, 17:08
Good lucck :) I got a certificate after doing mine :cheer:

I would have got one but my computer isn't connected to the printer at the moment.

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 17:09
I would have got one but my computer isn't connected to the printer at the moment.

That was the problem with me aswell so my friend helped me save it! What was your score?

Kim
02-01-2006, 17:11
19 out of 20 ^^^^

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 17:11
Oh you got 19! damn beat me by 1 mark! :angry: lol

Kim
02-01-2006, 17:12
I think I know where I went wrong now. I might try again and see if I can get 20.

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 17:14
Well i got the Ferrerias question wrong but then i didnt pay much attention to them or their storylines :rolleyes:

Kim
02-01-2006, 17:16
They were boring, but I found that easy because it wasn't about their relations or anything.

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 17:19
did u get 20/20 after?

Kim
02-01-2006, 17:28
No :(

hannah-mj
02-01-2006, 18:05
I'll still be watching because i am totally obsessed with it and even if it is sad that dennis has now gone i still think it will be great!
And the fact that people are dieing is good i mean the only things i can think of if their leaving is ..they could go to prison....go on holiday (a longggg holiday) ...or....erm...die....thats all i can think of and to be honest if there leaving for good anyway they might aswell do the most exiting and die lol!

Layne
02-01-2006, 18:08
19 out of 20 ^^^^

I got that too, couz i didn't know what perjury was! lol

DaVeyWaVey
02-01-2006, 18:31
lol well you still beat me :)

Kim
02-01-2006, 22:10
I got that too, couz i didn't know what perjury was! lol

It's where you lie to someone of high authority.

Layne
03-01-2006, 17:01
It's where you lie to someone of high authority.

yeh i know now ta!!! x