PDA

View Full Version : Mutya Leaves the Trio

.:SpIcYsPy:.
21-12-2005, 11:08
Founder member Mutya Buena has left pop trio Sugababes, saying she felt unable to commit to the act for another year.

The 20-year-old was in Sugababes for seven years, as they scored four number one hit singles in the UK.

Buena, who gave birth to first child Tahila in March, will be replaced by a new member to be revealed in 24 hours.

"I felt that the commitment I would need to make to Sugababes over the next 12 months was something that would become compromised by me," she said.

Donaghy left the group one year later during a Japanese tour, to be replaced by current member Heidi Range, 22.

In a statement released on the act's website, Buena said on Wednesday that her decision to quit was "based purely on my personal reasons".

"It was very difficult but definitely not a snap decision," she added.

"There comes a time when everyone wants to re-evaluate their life and what they want out of it."

Debs
21-12-2005, 11:09
how long are they going to last now do you think?

.:SpIcYsPy:.
21-12-2005, 11:15
Mutya or she Sugerbabes group, well they done it before it says... with Heidi... erm a year at least.. dunno really lol..

Debs
21-12-2005, 11:17
Mutya or she Sugerbabes group, well they done it before it says... with Heidi... erm a year at least.. dunno really lol..

but they hadnt been around that long when the other girl left. wondor who new singer will be??

CrazyLea
21-12-2005, 11:19
i reckon about a month lol. pity i dont mind them.

Debs
21-12-2005, 11:22
i think they are fab shame she is leaving i dont think it will be the same wit out her

bubblegum_fairy
21-12-2005, 14:48
Mmm... I wonder who it will be, they're will another sound change to the group I suspect

Chloe-Elise
21-12-2005, 17:59
It will be weird without Mutya at first, but a change could be good for them.