PDA

View Full Version : Girly problem, keep away guys!!

~charlie-lou~
16-12-2005, 18:28
OK I have a period probloem hoping someone older and wiser could help me!!

I am 14 and a half, had my periods since i was 13 and 3 quarters, the first 2 periods were totally normal and fine, bit of cramping but that's it. But since then every period starts in the late afternoon to evening, and is fine, and yet when I wake up the next morning... and naturally stand up, I just gush everywhere, all over the floor. More than I would have thought possible! When this happened the first time I was naturally terrified, and I was home alone that morning so I just cried an cried and had to sit down until my mother got back! I still get it not as badly, and whilst I'm used to it now it really is such a nuisance! My mother says it will pass, but I can't wait! Anyone know why it's happening and what I can do?

Thanks! :)

Layne
16-12-2005, 18:46
Well most of the tme, periods are heavier the first couple of days! Its perfectly normal!
But if you are 'gusing everywhere' then maybe you should just go get it checed at the doctirs becuase sometimes they can give you like tablets to help it not be so heavy!

Sorry if that hasn't helped at all
Layne
xxx

willow
16-12-2005, 18:58
if you go to the docs they can help, there are quite a few things the can do for heavy periods

~charlie-lou~
16-12-2005, 19:03
Thank you guys. :)

Trinity
16-12-2005, 19:11
I agree, please go to the doctors.

Although it is quite normal for women to have heavy periods it can be quite dibilitating. There is no way you should have to put up with 'gushing everywhere' levels. I have found that my period varies with time, and that it is naturally heavy the first two days, and I have had to use nighttime pads through the day. I have visited the doctor regarding this and we are talking about me going on the mini pill to try to sort this out.

I would definitely recommend that you use the nighttime pads. This sounds silly but oil of primrose has helped we with regards to the cramps, and I have a gel ice pack that you can heat up in the microwave - I find that really good if I have bad cramps at night, and it is much quicker to get than a hot waterbottle.

hayley
16-12-2005, 19:37
you may be experiencing clots as when i started, 2 years ago, i got them the first few times, only when i stood up though. I dont get them anymore so if thats the problem it should go away!

Debs
16-12-2005, 20:16
go to the doctors for definaite they will give you something that will help

~charlie-lou~
16-12-2005, 20:40
I agree, please go to the doctors.

Although it is quite normal for women to have heavy periods it can be quite dibilitating. There is no way you should have to put up with 'gushing everywhere' levels. I have found that my period varies with time, and that it is naturally heavy the first two days, and I have had to use nighttime pads through the day. I have visited the doctor regarding this and we are talking about me going on the mini pill to try to sort this out.

I would definitely recommend that you use the nighttime pads. This sounds silly but oil of primrose has helped we with regards to the cramps, and I have a gel ice pack that you can heat up in the microwave - I find that really good if I have bad cramps at night, and it is much quicker to get than a hot waterbottle.

Thank you so much Trinity that was really helpful! :o x x

And thanks everyone else too.

Jojo
16-12-2005, 21:37
I was the same when I was younger - I even doubled up (double pads) for a while.

Eventually I saw my doc and he put me on the pill and it worked - they were a lot lighter after that..

lilylily
17-12-2005, 00:57
Charlie count urself lucky you actually have periods i am 14 and a half as well and i don't!! :crying:

Jojo
17-12-2005, 12:12
Charlie count urself lucky you actually have periods i am 14 and a half as well and i don't!! :crying:You don't want them honey - as soon as you start, you'll be wishing you hadn't guaranteed!!!

Kim
17-12-2005, 12:44
OK I have a period probloem hoping someone older and wiser could help me!!

I am 14 and a half, had my periods since i was 13 and 3 quarters, the first 2 periods were totally normal and fine, bit of cramping but that's it. But since then every period starts in the late afternoon to evening, and is fine, and yet when I wake up the next morning... and naturally stand up, I just gush everywhere, all over the floor. More than I would have thought possible! When this happened the first time I was naturally terrified, and I was home alone that morning so I just cried an cried and had to sit down until my mother got back! I still get it not as badly, and whilst I'm used to it now it really is such a nuisance! My mother says it will pass, but I can't wait! Anyone know why it's happening and what I can do?

Thanks! :)
There's these girls in my school about your age and they were put on the pill becuase of heavy periods. I thought mine were heavy, but I would have been terrified if i had them that heavy.

Kim
17-12-2005, 12:45
You don't want them honey - as soon as you start, you'll be wishing you hadn't guaranteed!!!

Yeah, Im nearly 14 and have had them since I was about 11 and 2 months, and they are doing my head in.

~charlie-lou~
17-12-2005, 15:18
Yes Lilylily trust me you don't want them!

Emma-Lou
19-12-2005, 19:17
my friend had that problem and she went to the doctors and they gave her tablets as she did not want to go on the pill.Lilylily you so dont want to start they are a complete pain i must have been about 12 when i started and i hate it.