PDA

View Full Version : how to handle a difficult customer

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 17:11
> How to handle a difficult customer ...
If you ever have a difficult situation to manage, you might consider the approach offered by this obviously well trained Customer Service Officer.
Indeed, an award should go to the Airlines gate attendant in Dublin some months agofor being smart and funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.
A crowded Irish Air Lingus flight was cancelled after their only Boeing 767 had been withdrawn from service. A single attendant was re-booking a long line of inconvenienced travellers, suddenly an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket down on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it HAS to be FIRST CLASS.
The attendant replied, "I'm sorry sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these people first, and I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."
The passenger was unimpressed. He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"
Without hesitating, the attendant smiled and grabbed her public address
microphone: "May I have your attention please, may I have your attention please," she began - her Irish voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.
"We have a passenger here at Gate 14 WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHO HE IS. If anyone can help him find his identity, please come to Gate 14."
With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the Air Lingus attendant, gritted his teeth and said, "f*ck You!"
Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry, sir, but you'll have to get in line for that too."

willow
16-12-2005, 17:14
is this true????

if it is well done!!!! i would love to have the bottle to do that to a customer!!! as some of them are soooo annoying!!!!

Siobhan
16-12-2005, 17:17
is this true????

if it is well done!!!! i would love to have the bottle to do that to a customer!!! as some of them are soooo annoying!!!!

Possible but I reckon it is one of those urban legends.. someone will have the same but the woman is from UK or something...

My niece has done that, she works in a cloak room of a very posh nightclub and some girl asked her "do you know who my father is", my niece just smiled and said that that is something only her mother would know :rotfl::rotfl:

willow
16-12-2005, 17:19
it sounds like something like that!!!
..there is probably the same story for every part of the world!!!

Rain_
16-12-2005, 17:23
I remember working on a caravan park when i was younger and someone came to complain. I'd had enough of complaints by this point and this lady screamed "DO YOU KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY CARAVAN"???? Knowing i was going to get fired and not really caring i replied "yes madame i do. The problem with your caravan is there's an a**hole in it. Remove said a**hole and your caravan will be perfect" I then smiled sweetly, grabbed my coat and ran!!!

.:SpIcYsPy:.
16-12-2005, 17:29
:rotfl: Rain jokess!!!

Rain_
16-12-2005, 17:30
:rotfl: Rain jokess!!!

Rain does not joke, Rain just gets fired a lot!!

16-12-2005, 17:31
Awwwwwwww bless! :rotfl:

willow
16-12-2005, 17:32
I remember working on a caravan park when i was younger and someone came to complain. I'd had enough of complaints by this point and this lady screamed "DO YOU KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY CARAVAN"???? Knowing i was going to get fired and not really caring i replied "yes madame i do. The problem with your caravan is there's an a**hole in it. Remove said a**hole and your caravan will be perfect" I then smiled sweetly, grabbed my coat and ran!!!

well done!!!!

some people just love to complain!!!!!
and i always find they assume you have no brain as you work in a shop, i had one bloke in today and it sounded like he was talking to a 5 yr old the way he spoke to me!! he was not rude just really patronising!!!!

willow
16-12-2005, 17:33
Rain does not joke, Rain just gets fired a lot!!

Rain sounds like a really fab person!!!!!:cheer:

Rain_
16-12-2005, 17:34
Rain sounds like a really fab person!!!!!:cheer:

LOL thank you

Just for the record i printed that out for prosperity!!

16-12-2005, 17:36
some people just love to complain!!!!!
:ninja: La la la la la........ :rolleyes:

willow
16-12-2005, 17:37
LOL thank you

Just for the record i printed that out for prosperity!!

i am going too to!!!